bows or crossbows

team first

• 2 weeks later...

yes, just wanting to try something new this year, or weekend only maybe. I will let u know how the hunt goes with it. My son is going to use my compound bow this weekend, it will be his first time.

Just curious. There have been some heated debates on the bowhunting forums on crossbows. There is the group that doesn't care as long as they retain the archery only season no matter which kind of bow and then there is the group that believes that crossbows should be banned and are "cheating".

To that extent, they believe the woods this year will be filled with buffoons that know nothing about hunting and think that they can simply buy a crossbow and sling an arrow 100 yards and drop a deer at their feeder like they would rifle hunting. Many are outraged that they "have to practice" in order to be able to bowhunt and an xbow can buy one off the shelf, sight it in and go hunting all in one day.

I fell on the side of not caring. I think it falls more in the line of jealousy. If I practiced long and hard, you should also. All the while, about half of them gun hunt also so in November, the take out the rifle that they haven't practiced with and will take the same deer that they don't want xbow hunters shooting.

As long as the woods are silent from gun shots. I could care less if someone was 400 yards away from me and killing a deer with a recurve, compound or xbow. I won't hear them no matter which bow they are shooting and that is all I care about.

yea, i am curios to see what the boys in my camp have to say. One of them has already seen it, and shot it. He really seemed to like it. I quess it is just something new, and that is my main reason.

There are really only a couple of crossbows that I would like to try and they are very expensive. One is the BowTech Stryker and the other is the PSE Tac 15. The Tac 15 shoots off of an AR15 platform and you have to have an AR15 lower. PSE only sells the crossbow AR15 upper.

Both run around $1,300.

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

yea, those are expensive, i went with the barnett quad 400. I had heard some negative, but alot of positive also. I have nothing but good things to say about it so far. shooting rt where i want it to at 40 yards, and it is quit enough for me. It is suppose to shoot 345 fps. Most of the negative comments barnett takes a while to ship u any new pieces, if something breaks. Also where complaining that their limbs where breaking after a few shots. I have been shooting mine over two months now, and have not had any problems.

yea, those are expensive, i went with the barnett quad 400. I had heard some negative, but alot of positive also. I have nothing but good things to say about it so far. shooting rt where i want it to at 40 yards, and it is quit enough for me. It is suppose to shoot 345 fps. Most of the negative comments barnett takes a while to ship u any new pieces, if something breaks. Also where complaining that their limbs where breaking after a few shots. I have been shooting mine over two months now, and have not had any problems.

The Quad 400 has some serious string issues with several of them exploding.

I wish you luck with it. It seems that many of them are coming apart very early afar few shots or even on the first shot. Maybe you got one of the good strings if you haven't had any issues for a couple of months.

The Barnett Predator seems like a good package but a bit more expensive.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder