Basketball schools adopting football

no-look

It definitely won't help them.How much it hurts will depend on the AD that runs the show.The 2 sport athletes will be a little behind and a little banged up which will lead to some slower starts than they have had in the past.The AD is the absolute key to the long range success or continued success of the program.

It definitely won't help them.How much it hurts will depend on the AD that runs the show.The 2 sport athletes will be a little behind and a little banged up which will lead to some slower starts than they have had in the past.The AD is the absolute key to the long range success or continued success of the program.

I think some schools would fare better than others in this transistion.......Not sure how Ponder and Krum wll be in fb. These schools make their living on fundamentals on the court while they may not have the athletes to do well in football...........

• 2 weeks later...

Before the last realignment there were only three schools in 3A that didn't play fb....I think it is seven now. Not sure why.......there are lots of schools in 1A and 2A that dont play fb......but all schools play basketball......I thought we were in Texas... ;D

Before the last realignment there were only three schools in 3A that didn't play fb....I think it is seven now. Not sure why.......there are lots of schools in 1A and 2A that dont play fb......but all schools play basketball......I thought we were in Texas... ;D

well then seven schools reside in Alaska until November

• 5 weeks later...
[quote name="whsalum" post="648365" timestamp="1253241093"]
[/quote]

I agree, and most of the time the AD will be the Head Football coach, so that will affect the bb program because Fball will now become the main priority.

[quote name="no-look" post="660516" timestamp="1254365657"]
[/quote]

Those new schools are Austin Vandergrift, Leander Rouse, Boerne, and North Forney.  These 4 schools will be playing varsity football after the 2010 realignment.  Two schools - Hudson and Central - will not be playing football anytime soon and SA Hawkins just moved up from 2A.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder