Friendswood at Dayton

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mustangs nearly handed game to Dayton. Final Should have been 42 to 20.

Not very impressed with broncos so far. They will have 2 weeks to work out the kinks.

Who is backup for Peyton? If he goes down are they done.

Stewart spent whole night yelling at refs. He needs to make his point and get on with coaching

Not impressed w/your evaluation post.Tack on 6 if not for a stripped pass of 50 yds.inside the 20 its 39-36 Dayton.Was impressed w/Mustangs size and play on the line both ways.Coach made his point and his coaching ability in question?.And if 9 2008 bronco players are playing college ball this year I would not question the teams ability or the coaching.Improvement will come and in the post season again we'll be there mark that down.As for Ploch you meant if he lowers his shoulders and head the defender is done.

Great game Bronco's! Closer than we liked. Am impressed with Ploch's running, quite a freaking freight train when he starts moving. Throwing is a little hit or miss, but I would expect that to get better. We had 5 turnovers, not happy with that, but our D really played pretty well.

We have a younger team that doesn't have the stars that we had last year, but they seem to really work well as a TEAM. I know y'all are in the same boat there.

Several turnovers on both sides were from guys trying for extra yardage and exposing themselves a bit. I can accept those a little better, but still not good.

Even though we let up a little in the 4th quarter, and almost got bit, I was mostly impressed by the effort on both sides. If they both continue playing like that, they will both be playin postseason again.

Here's to seeing y'all again in December, Good luck till then.

PS. Tell NED to pack heavy, they come see us in 2 weeks (barring Hurricane of course).

Man I love playing in Bronco, err, Mustang Stadium every other year!  THE STREAK CONTINUES!!!  Where are my Dayton forum buddies????????

Seriously, I wish I could join the love fest but aside from Ploch, I was not impressed with the Broncos.  But for some terrible turnovers, it could easily have been a 25-30 point vicotry for FHS.  The final score was MUCH closer than the game.

I hate to say I told you so, but ........

Man I love playing in Bronco, err, Mustang Stadium every other year!  THE STREAK CONTINUES!!!  Where are my Dayton forum buddies????????

Seriously, I wish I could join the love fest but aside from Ploch, I was not impressed with the Broncos.  But for some terrible turnovers, it could easily have been a 25-30 point vicotry for FHS.  The final score was MUCH closer than the game.

>:( >:( :-X :-X

Ploch did well but the rising star in Dayton is #20 Gamal Fowler----fantastic hands

I was wondering how long is was going to take for you to come on here and gloat! Friendwood had a good big hardnose team and should make a decent playoff run again. We shot ourself in the foot to many times in the first half and let you get some easy points.3rd qtr. belonged to FF. 4th qtr. FF got the big head and Dayton almost came back and spanked ya! Our defense for the most  part dominated the 4th. 3 interceptions,forced fumbles and run containment. Dayton was the faster team #7&#22 burning you for long ones. #11 for FF was a monster offense machine.----  good luck !!!

Ploch is a beast!, no doubt about it. Great night running, no so good throwing. When he was the primary weapon, Dayton was moving the ball consistantly. In the third qt, FW made adjustments that forced Ploch to hand off or throw, and it really cramped their offensive output.

Meatzold for FW (QB), had a good, but not great night. We have been spoiled by 40 yard ropes thrown by Karam for 3 years, because Meatzold is accurate, but his passes have a lot more arc on them. It gives defenders a lot more time to react. His short to medium game, and running were all good. Cole (RB #11) had a great game, running and catching. Dayton did a great job adjusting to stop the run after the first drive, taking away the easy counter trap with the pulling guard out of the shotgun. Forced us to do some different things. FW is really more of a team effort right now. Not much in the way of superstars.

On another note, how is Nederland looking this year? I know they lost thier QB for the year, but how are they doing overall? They come to visit us on the 18th. Long trip for a tough tough game.

As bad as I wanted Dayton to win , iwas a little scared they would. Dayton has used this game well in the past to make deep runs ithe the playoffs. I predict once again Dayton will be playing football while FW is gearing up for basketball. I hope we keep them on the schedule , if nothing else for the karma!!!

Some Dayton fans seem to have a short memory about last year. FW went to the State Semis and Dayton went to the State finals, remember? A good SEtx fan base wants to see both of these teams go far, I do. Good luck the rest of the season. How are your basketball and baseball teams looking? Ours look real good!

As bad as I wanted Dayton to win , iwas a little scared they would. Dayton has used this game well in the past to make deep runs ithe the playoffs. I predict once again Dayton will be playing football while FW is gearing up for basketball. I hope we keep them on the schedule , if nothing else for the karma!!!

Some Dayton fans seem to have a short memory about last year. FW went to the State Semis and Dayton went to the State finals, remember? A good SEtx fan base wants to see both of these teams go far, I do. Good luck the rest of the season. How are your basketball and baseball teams looking? Ours look real good!

Hey txcanes , every game Friendswood wins here on out makes Dayton look good and  vice/verse----so go out there and kick some butt were going too !!!!

Well it's been two days now guys, and we still haven't heard anything from notorious chirpers like backflipper, etbu, knightrider, l-train, and even liltex (other than liltex logging on to make excuses us usual).  Of the people who criticized my pre-game prediction, only JAYHAWK has been man enough to come on this forum and offer props to the MIGHTY MUSTANGS.

p.s. Get ready bulldogs, your time is coming soon enough!  ;D   

Well FF, never cared much for gloaters (especially forum gloaters), but I do have to give credit where credit is due. I predicted a close game. But it really wasn't. Friendswood dominated most of the game. I was really impressed with the mustangs. I was also surprised by the team size and speed. Didn't really expect that. I thought the overall "team" effort was even better than last year. The Friendswood linebackers made the difference on defense. Monsters. The Friendswood Mustangs should do well in the post season...again.

Our Broncos, on the other hand, did not have a good game. There were definitely some bright spots and some good individual efforts to build on though. Nobody in Dayton is giving up, that's for sure. Pretty much the same story as last year, didn't look good in the Friendswood game and then went on to have a great year. I wish some of you Friendswood fans could have seen the Broncos later in the year (maybe some of you did) but it was definitely not the same team. Hopefully the Broncos can improve the same way this year. I'll be there even if they don't.

Wo, that was awesome Hawkeye.  I've never seen that done before.  You got me .................. gooooddddd ............. realllyyy!!!! 

See, I'll admit it, as I was reading your post, I was thinking how reasonable, even handed and fair minded a guy this Hawkeye must be and that anything you say must be right, and you must really be a cool guy, and how do I get to be more like Hawkeye (which, in case you did not know, is the nickname of the coolest guy on that TV show MASH and is also the Iowa mascot).  Anyway, here I was thinking how smart and cool you are, and then you dropped that zinger on me.  Wow, I bet other people are gonna try to use that trick, but you'll always be the FIRST!!!!  Awesome.

Hey, can I use that some time????  Of course, I'll tell everyone you invented that rhetorical trick!

Well it's been two days now guys, and we still haven't heard anything from notorious chirpers like backflipper, etbu, knightrider, l-train, and even liltex (other than liltex logging on to make excuses us usual).  Of the people who criticized my pre-game prediction, only JAYHAWK has been man enough to come on this forum and offer props to the MIGHTY MUSTANGS.

p.s. Get ready bulldogs, your time is coming soon enough!  ;D   

Here I am little buddy just been busy this weekend. Thursday night Kingood game, Friday Marshall game, Saturday Etbu and SMU game but other than that not busy.  8) I have no problem throwing down some kudos to your team but you think maybe you take it to the extreme? What happen to being a gracious winner? Friendswood has a good program no doubt so ease up. Think your team will win state? Are you guys big or small four-a?

Ah man another year and another loss to Friendswood.  Gotta get off the field on 3rd down and 17.  Third down conversions killed Dayton on both sides of the ball, dropped passes.

Overall a MUCH uglier game than I've come to expect between these two teams.  Friendswood seemed to have more of the kinks worked out on offense.  This game really could have gone either way IMO but the real turning point was the dropped pass by Franks on third down when he had 3 steps on the defender and quite a bit more speed to outrun him to the endzone.  The FW turns a screen pass into a touchdown.  Overall I'd say two fairly evenly matched teams on the whole where one played better than the other.  FW has some monster linebackers (32 & 33 I think...especially 33) that play sideline to sideline, take great angles, and don't miss tackles.  However, Dayton had a pretty significant speed advantage at the skill positions.  Offensive consistency will help greatly and not giving short field after short field will help as well.  I thought the defense played really well especially after the halftime adjustments but eventually got worn down from being on the field for so long. 

These teams play ten times and I think they go 5-5.

Oh, and we still are waiting ot hear from all those loud, pre-game Dayton boasters!!!!  Tick tock!!!

Looks like Friendswood continues to have Dayton's number...

For the Friendswood fan...

The number is...

936 258 2510

CALL THIS NUMBER FOR PLAYOFF TICKETS after your Mustangs lose and the Broncos are still playing (just like the last two years!).

Friendswood continues to win the battle but lose the war when it comes to the Broncos.

Oh by the way (friendswood fan)...

Go by the Dayton Jack in the Box to see some pictures of the Broncos in the STATE TITLE game from last year.

Unfortunate for you that you don't have any mustang pictures from a title game.

As far as the game goes....

Two very good teams.

HATS OFF TO THE MUSTANG QB!!!!

The difference in the game was at least half a dozen or more 3rd and longs converted by the QB with either his legs are very accurate passes.

one more thing....

My highlights are now going to be posted on ABC 13's site.

This is the hidden content, please

They provide a better viewing display and the kids can share the clips on their social network sites, but the clips remain on the ABC server.

All the highlights are put into one video so you have to watch through them all and can't watch them individually.

Ah, you know Fall is just around the corner when.....

5. Dayton fans play the "we would have won if this and but for that" in their annual loss to Friendswood.

4. Dayton fans start saying its actually a good thing they lost to Friendswood again (for at least the 5th straight time!).

3. Dayton fans start talking about how far they'll go in the 4A, Div II playoffs (get that Pop Warner application ready).

2. The obnoxious Dayton posters on this forum shrivel up like a you know what in cold water after the annual beatdown of the Broncos.

1. Dayton loses to Friendswood.

BTW, PurpleHead, next time you are over this way feel free to stop by and look at Friendswood's STATE CHAMPIONSHIP pictures. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124