bat question

Depends on the league he will play in.  Most kids swith to "big barrells"  If you came from little league, your kid used a 2 1/4 inch barrell which might have been a light as a drop 13(the weight in oz is 13 less than the lenght in inches)  Light "big barrells"  will be drop 10(only 3 oz heavier)    Junior league only allows bats up to 2 5/8 in diameter, but some leagues allow 2 3/4. 

He plays select.  Has been using a 21 oz. I think.  I've heard a lot of kids talk about jumping up to 26-30 oz.

How long is his bat?  31/21?  He could go to a drop 8(maybe 23 oz) if he's a strong kid, but I doubt any 13 is going to a high school bat(drop 3)    I guess some parents are trying to prepare their kids for high school, but age 13 seems a little young.  You sure would give up a lot of bat speed.  JMO

Aside from the league requirements....a bat should be selected based on the kids size and strength....

F & F Sports (in Orange) has 'experienced' people that can help.....also, there is a chart that will help initially.

The wrong size (length and/or weight) can cause bad habits that are VERY hard to break!

Do your homework before the purchase, as the bat can be very expensive.  I have personally purchased several that were over $300.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed