PNG kicks off practice today !

Ok its alittle after 5 in the morning, I'm up and so is my 14 year old son !  Incoming freshman at PNG !  He got up before I did and that's amazing. He's pumped about practice today and finally getting to become an INDIAN !!! I'm going to be there to watch all the practices this morning much like alot of us INDIAN supporters will be doing. It's finally here for us after hearing and reading about everyone else's practices. I'm gonna go take a personnal look at the Varsity locker room and see how good it looks with the new lockers and paint etc.... I have to get there early to find a good spot to park to watch the first day of practice. Everyone have a good day and a great week !

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PNG Practice Schedule

Week 1                                         

Aug. 10,  7:00 AM  Fresh/JV     

9:00 AM  Varsity 1

11:00 AM  Varsity 2

Aug. 11,  6:00 AM  Varsity 1

10:00 AM  Fresh/JV

11:30 AM  Varsity 2

Aug. 12,  7:00 AM  Fresh/JV

Aug. 13,    7:00 AM  Fresh/JV

Aug. 14,    7:00 AM  Fresh/JV

Aug. 15,    8:00 AM  Fresh Intersquad

9:00 AM  JV Intersquad

10:00 AM  Varsity Scrim.

Week 2

Aug. 17,  7:00 AM  Fresh/JV

Aug. 18,  6:00 AM Varsity 1

4:00 PM Fresh/JV

6:00 PM Varsity 2

Aug. 19,  7:00 AM Fresh/JV

9:00 AM Varsity 1

11:00 AM Varsity 2

Aug. 20,    7:00 AM Fresh/JV

9:00 AM Varsity 1

11:00 AM Varsity 2

Aug. 21,    3:00 PM Fresh scrimmage

4:00 PM JV scrimmage

5:30 PM Varsity scrimmage

9:00 PM Fire It Up Pep Rally

WOW !!!! is all I have to say regarding the new coaches and the drills and the intensity on the field !  Even for the Freshmen. They ran alot and really worked on skills very hard.  Thought the Freshman team was practicing with the JV from how many men were out there at first. There were prob over 60 Freshmen. And alot of those boys on the Freshman team are HUGH !!! thats one of the reasons I thought they may be practicing with the JV !!!  My son told me that the practice today only pumped em all up even more for football. He came home and started working on some of the techniques they taught the freshmen today.  Varsity looked like they haven't skipped a beat from Spring Ball !!!  All I can say is that I'm totally impressed with everything I saw today !  From the coaches interaction to the intensity on the field !!!  To me it was more intense than spring ball practices !

I'm excited about the 2009 PN-G Indians ... but, all teams look good running around in underwear and helmets.  I'm ready to see our Indians put on the pads and hit some people (and get hit by people) not wearing purple and white.  I would imagine that Coach Faircloth is ready to see his men hit some one wearing another color jersey.  Do not take this post as raining on one's parade.  I was impressed with what I saw in the Spring during the live sessions where many first team O players were going full speed against the first team D players.  And, there seems to be an uptick or renewed intensity level and enthusiasm level that was missing at PN-G.  Here's to a good season in 2009 and a fun ride.  We definitely spread the field, throw the ball around, and run the ball when the lanes are there (at least we did in the Spring game).  I think non-PN-G fans will notice a different PN-G team.  No more student body right, student body left, student body up the middle, and 3-step drop passing game.  I will be in the area next week and I plan to see a practice in pads.  Hope our kids stay injury free and have fun getting after it.

Go Indians.  Peace.

The band director knew they would have to play Cherokee alot more so they brought them in a little early

or they are working on "TAPS"

:D   :D   :D

We certainly won't be playing it in Lumberton this year. ;)

We shall see my friend......we shall see........

What do you play??  I played Trombone back in the day.....2nd chair all state my senior year  ;)

It is ironic but still true that the Reservation has become so rejuvinated that is spreading threw out the district . My son 14 also started his football as a Bulldog today and they to were so excited. Being an Indian myself I asked why such a high excitement he said that some of his friends from the other side of the tracks were telling him how excited they were to play for the Purple and White and how they were gooing to bring the smackdown on the Dogs. Well only time will tell but it is awesome to see the excitement . Some friends from LCM said they were so fired up with a new coach and the energy of this district. Well as a dad I am so ready for these kids to get the chance to prove it on the field. As a former Indian I hope PN-G has a great season but watch out here  comes a pack of Bad Dogs lol.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83