**WEEK 2 SETXSPORTS RANKINGS**

jdawg03

Since we have some discussion going here is some stuff I put together to help compare these teams. :shock:

West Brook

West Brooks Record - 2-1

Opponents Records - 4-5

Played – 2 4A’s and 1 5A

Best Team Played –Spring Westfield #7 in preseason Coaches Poll for 5A- lost 35-0

Point Scored 52

Points Allowed 63

WOS

WOS Record – 3-0

Opponents Records – 2-7

Best Team Played –Dayton/ Unranked picked 4th in district preseason 4A. Won 26-9

Played – 3 4A’s

Point Scored 81

Points Allowed 35

PAM

PAM Record - 1-1

Opponents Records – 3-3

Best Team Played –Aldine Nimitz / Unranked picked 5th in district Preseason 5A. Lost 44-28

Played – 1 4A and 1 5A

Point Scored 59

Points Allowed 71

Nederland

Nederlands Record – 1-2

Opponents Records – 5-3

Best Team Played –La Marque Preseason #10 in DC and #2 in the Coaches Poll in 4A. Lost 28-21

Played 3 4A’s

Point Scored 103

Points Allowed 75

Central

Centrals Record – 1-2

Opponents Records – 5-4

Best Team Played –Baytown Lee/ Unranked picked #4 in district preseason in 5A. Won 21-9

Played – 2 5A’s and 1 4A

Point Scored 69

Points Allowed 66

PNG

PNG’s Record - 2-1

Opponents Records - 4-4

Best Team Played –Brenham #2 in DC preseason Poll in 4A- lost 33-9

Played – 2 4A’s and 1 3A

Point Scored 57

Points Allowed 56

Newton

Newton’s Record - 2-0

Opponents Records – 1-5

Best Team Played –Crockett/ Unranked & picked 3rd in district preseason in 3A. Won 28-13

Played – 2 3A’s

Point Scored 49

Points Allowed 21

Barbers Hill

BH’s Record – 3-0

Opponents Records – 3-5

Best Team Played –Bellville #13 in preseason DC Poll in 3A – Won 24-13

Played – 3 3A’s

Point Scored 73

Points Allowed 26

Ozen

Ozen Record – 0-3

Opponents Records – 5-3

Best Team Played –Seguin/unranked picked to place 3rd in district preseason in 5A. Lost 32-7

Played – 3 5A’s

Point Scored 48

Points Allowed 98

Dayton

Daytons Record – 1-2

Opponents Records – 5-3

Best Team Played –WOS #5 in DC Poll and preseason #4 in Coaches Poll for 3A- Lost 26-9

Played – 2 4A’s and 1 3A

Point Scored 39

Points Allowed 43

Since we have some discussion going here is some stuff I put together to help compare these teams. :shock:

West Brook

West Brooks Record - 2-1

Opponents Records - 4-5

Played – 2 4A’s and 1 5A

Best Team Played –Spring Westfield #7 in preseason Coaches Poll for 5A- lost 35-0

Point Scored 52

Points Allowed 63

WOS

WOS Record – 3-1

Opponents Records – 2-7

Best Team Played –Dayton/ Unranked picked 4th in district preseason 4A. Won 26-9

Played – 3 4A’s

Point Scored 81

Points Allowed 35

PAM

PAM Record - 1-1

Opponents Records – 3-3

Best Team Played –Aldine Nimitz / Unranked picked 5th in district Preseason 5A. Lost 44-28

Played – 1 4A and 1 5A

Point Scored 59

Points Allowed 71

Nederland

Nederlands Record – 1-2

Opponents Records – 5-3

Best Team Played –La Marque Preseason #10 in DC and #2 in the Coaches Poll in 4A. Lost 28-21

Played 3 4A’s

Point Scored 103

Points Allowed 75

Central

Centrals Record – 1-2

Opponents Records – 5-4

Best Team Played –Baytown Lee/ Unranked picked #4 in district preseason in 5A. Won 21-9

Played – 2 5A’s and 1 4A

Point Scored 69

Points Allowed 66

PNG

PNG’s Record - 2-1

Opponents Records - 4-4

Best Team Played –Brenham #2 in DC preseason Poll in 4A- lost 33-9

Played – 2 4A’s and 1 3A

Point Scored 57

Points Allowed 56

Newton

Newton’s Record - 2-0

Opponents Records – 1-5

Best Team Played –Crockett/ Unranked & picked 3rd in district preseason in 3A. Won 28-13

Played – 2 3A’s

Point Scored 49

Points Allowed 21

Barbers Hill

BH’s Record – 3-0

Opponents Records – 3-5

Best Team Played –Bellville #13 in preseason DC Poll in 3A – Won 24-13

Played – 3 3A’s

Point Scored 73

Points Allowed 26

Ozen

Ozen Record – 0-3

Opponents Records – 5-3

Best Team Played –Seguin/unranked picked to place 3rd in district preseason in 5A. Lost 32-7

Played – 3 5A’s

Point Scored 48

Points Allowed 98

Dayton

Daytons Record – 1-2

Opponents Records – 5-3

Best Team Played –WOS #5 in DC Poll and preseason #4 in Coaches Poll for 3A- Lost 26-9

Played – 2 4A’s and 1 3A

Point Scored 39

Points Allowed 43

WOW!!!! Someone did their homework!!!!! Good Job!!!!!

Polls dont really matter to us as a team, yeea sure it bothers the fans but polls dont hold us back from playin, the polls really dont choose the outcome of what happens this is just friendly votin we are not the BCS, anything can happen during the season and to me I think Lumberton is good right where they are on the polls, i thank everyone for the congradulations and some respect also our town for the awsome support they have shown this year, personally i would like to invite all the bye teams to come watch our game this week, but polls dont stop teams from playing there buts off every week, they dont have the team up in a fit, the teams are playin for the playoffs and the school on the jerseys

Polls dont really matter to us as a team' date=' yeea sure it bothers the fans but polls dont hold us back from playin, the polls really dont choose the outcome of what happens this is just friendly votin we are not the BCS, anything can happen during the season and to me I think Lumberton is good right where they are on the polls, i thank everyone for the congradulations and some respect also our town for the awsome support they have shown this year, personally i would like to invite all the bye teams to come watch our game this week, but polls dont stop teams from playing there buts off every week, they dont have the team up in a fit, the teams are playin for the playoffs and the school on the jerseys[/quote']

Good Post Sir!!!!

I wouldn't put ozen in the top 15 in this area. This is without a doubt the worst Ozen team since their first season. They may finish 5th or 6th in disrtict. Also, you got to have Newton higher. I don't care what class they are playing against, they bring it every game, and I don't know if there are five teams in the area that can beat them. Silsbee will find out Friday why they are #1 in 2A.

By the way, word on Silsbee is powerful offense, average defense, at best.

Newton would beat BH' date=' BH don't have alot of speed.[/quote']

Wharton had speed. Jasper has speed. Bellville had speed. Speed is not an automatic reason for a win. BH has more speed than you might think. It didn't show against WOS in a scrimmage because they were not on the field playing defense. Blake Patton ran off and left Earl Thomas during that same scrimmage.

I know everone is down on Ozen because of the 0-3 start. But they are the only school in the list that has started off by playing 3 5A schools which combined have a winning record percentage. Would anyone on the list done better against the same competetion??? I'm not an Ozen fan ,but if you look at all of the facts it helps.

Since you obviously cant compare a team like newton to a team like west brook. I propose a new pole that would rank 5 teams in three polls. 1 for WB, PAM and 4-A. A second for 3-A, 2-A and Kelly and finally one for 1-A and small private schools. This way the teams would be ranked against other teams that they would possibly face. Otherwise you might as well have a top 25 ranking that includes football basketball and baseball teams. Cuz thats what your doing when your trying to rank newton with WB and PAM

Since you obviously cant compare a team like newton to a team like west brook. I propose a new pole that would rank 5 teams in three polls. 1 for WB' date=' PAM and 4-A. A second for 3-A, 2-A and Kelly and finally one for 1-A and small private schools. This way the teams would be ranked against other teams that they would possibly face. Otherwise you might as well have a top 25 ranking that includes football basketball and baseball teams. Cuz thats what your doing when your trying to rank newton with WB and PAM[/quote']

We already have this..the rankings are broken down by classifications

polls are just what we are using them for right now...to get a discussion going....and by what I have been reading it works :D go to any web sight and you will find a West Texas poll , a South Texas poll a, Dallas poll, heck I wouldnt be suprised if I found a Teams that are in Waco poll....its a way to get people to start talking.....YEAH our poll :D:D:D:D

Guest GoStangs

I still say you CAN NOT compare a 2A school to a 5A school no matter how good or bad they both are.

Why not? The poll has a 3A school that received as many first place votes as WB. Why is it a 2A school can't beat a 5A school but a 3A school can?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124