One UIL rule you would change about high school Football If You Could?

Guest Lions

6 Classifacations, 6 Trophies.  I'd keep it 3 teams qualifying but the DC gets a bye. 

P. S.  I'd end 7 on 7.  It's sissifying football.....

Definitly not. If you actually watched 7 on 7, you would know its helping to perfect timing of the quarterbacks, route running by the receivers, and breaking times for defensive backs and help understand coverages. This is mainly for the athletes during the summer to have some fun and learn more about football. People do get injured cause collisions do occur and you have no football gear except a mouthpiece. So I disagree

I think the UIL should allow a team to do the following:

If a team is behind...say 38 points or more. 

On defense, they should be allowed to jump offsides or use their hands on defense, coaches choice, but he has to declare which infraction he will use and must keep using it for the remainder of the game.

On offense, the coach can elect to have everyone eligible for a pass or use 12 men on offense.  Again, coaches choice and he must declare which infraction he will use and must keep using it until the end of the game.

This will give the losing team the opportunity to get back into the game and maybe win and clinch that 4th playoff spot.  NO TEAM LEFT BEHIND.

What do y'all think. ;D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D; OMG!!! R U Serious?

Yes in deed I'm serious.  Just think, rather than going home to watch the 10:00 Sports, fans would stay for the game, more corny dogs and sodas sold at the consession stands.  The thrill of a possible come from behind victory.  Just can't beat it.

Good call campee.  Maybe the UIL could also waive steroid testing and no pass/ no play for any school that has three consecutive losing seasons. This way, schools would be more likely to field winning teams.  OR...if a team is up by 38 points they have to play without helmets until the game is within 20 points.  This would allow the losing team to get back in the game and have a chance to be competitive while the winning team recovered from being concussed.  Also, it would stimulate the economy by allowing emergency medical providers to gouge the respective school's insurance policy.

The no helmet thing...I like it.

It would stimulate the economy, more ambulances will need to be purchased, more EMT's hired, more nurses more $$$ for everyone. The hospitals and the medical field employees would be making $$$ hand over fist.  Just think, the doctors could order all those unnecessary tests, x-rays etc. After all, as President Obama says, the doctors are just in it for the money.  Insurance companies would get to increase the insurance premiums...it just keeps getting better and better.  Oh wait, with universal health care just around, we will not have to pay for insurance anymore, because someone else will  be paying for it.   

With ideas like these, it makes me wonder what we've been doing all these years, maybe the uil could ban jock straps to put a dent in the teen pregnancy rate.  Surely this would solve overpopulation, dependence on foreign oil and global warning.  That's it, I'm writing obama and demanding that campee be appointed czar of uil football rules.  Promise me that I'll have a position in the think tank.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami