Top 25 for 09-10

I'm not going to make a top 25 but lets hear it i will throw some names out there and see where it goes.

Name                  School

Decarlos Franks    Bmt Ozen

Roman Walker        Kountze

Pheal Hill              Silsbee

Darius Stallworth    Silsbee

Kristan Smith        Central

Jacoby Turner      Hardin Jefferson

Hunter Davis        Hardin

Cody Johnson      Anahuac

Horace McDaniel    Kountze

Player from Memorial Can't think of name

Now lets see what everyone else can come up with..

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turner played his role last year flawlessly.He will probably be called on this year to put more pressure on the defense when the Hawks have the ball and score as well.He was the quickest defender I saw locally last year in any classification.You gotta look at Blankenship from Spurger on the small school side.He won't get much press at the 1-a school but has decent size,handles the ball well and can flat shoot it from the perimeter.Lots of kids that were top 25 last year graduated so there will be a lot of young guns this year ready to move in to the spotlight.

Turner is very good defender just not a guy that is going to take over a game like they have had in the past. Not a great shooter and tries to attack the rim.  Saw him shoot 5 air balls in the Silsbee game at the tourney.  I would rate him as one of the better defenders in the district however.

Cant remember the name. I met him at a local barbershop out in Beaumont. He is about

6 foot 2 does not look like a Freshman but that is the way they are these days.

If any one knows anything bout him please fill us in i'm sure its not to many Freshman

in Beaumont Tx that can play Varsity at the Frosh Level.

Good list but based on what I have seen dont think Turner should be on the list.

Obviously you have not seen HJ in too many games then.  I agree that Turner is definately Top 25, but I think that he is on the outside looking in of a Top 10 ranking at this time.  His defense may be second to none in SE Texas.  His offense is streaky good at times.  Will he be a Benard who averaged 25 a game..........NO, but he will get his and get his team involved.

Cant remember the name. I met him at a local barbershop out in Beaumont. He is about

6 foot 2 does not look like a Freshman but that is the way they are these days.

If any one knows anything bout him please fill us in i'm sure its not to many Freshman

in Beaumont Tx that can play Varsity at the Frosh Level.

There were several players in this Area who played varsity as Freshmen. Joe Persohn was on the HJ Varsity. Central had a freshman on their varsity. Kelly had Parker on varsity and Schrapps started for them. Didn't Orangefield have a freshman on their varsity too?

I was Talking about Beaumont Schools and Central had one. Ozen had none and West brook don't think they had none. Kelly I don't even consider them on this list IMO they don't meet the Requirements. Hardin Jefferson don't think they started a Freshman and I know Anahuac did their PG.

Guest spinks

Turner is very good defender just not a guy that is going to take over a game like they have had in the past. Not a great shooter and tries to attack the rim.  Saw him shoot 5 air balls in the Silsbee game at the tourney.  I would rate him as one of the better defenders in the district however.

Would be interested in knowing when being considered for the Top 25 players in the area that the ability to play defense did not matter?  Jacoby Turner can take over any game and does not have to make a jump shot.  He gets more fast break points and steals than anyone in this area.  He is HANDS DOWN a top 25 player in this area.  If you were doing top 25 offensive players he would not be on the list. But when you are talking about top 25 players in the area.  Not even close.  He is on the list!

Guest spinks

I disagree Spinks..............I think he would be Top 25 if it were scoring only!!!  He will average a solid 15 points a game this year easy.  That is Top 25 material easy!!!

I agree he will average that but 80% of that will come from his defense and on layups not because he is that explosive offensively.  When you talk about top 25 offensive players you talk about guys that can shoot and shoot off the dribble and constantly create their own shot off the dribble.  These are not things he is strong at.

Guest spinks

Maybe so, but I can assure you that there are not 25 players who are better scorers than him in this area!!!!

Last year there were.  There were 2 better on his own team.  This year it remains to be seen.

Had Coop of done a "end of season" top 25 then Turner would have been in it and Burrell likely would have not!!!!  A good portion of those 25 were Seniors which will move Turner up.  I expect him to be ranked around 12-16 when the first ranking is released.

Jones from Sabine Pass should defiantly be somewhere in the top 25

even though Sabine is small school he put up great number

Dropping 20+ almost every game with few 30+.

He even won Wendy's Player Of The Week out of 1-5a schools and was the MVP of the district.

If that's not top 25 material in this area i don't know what is

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder