Colmesneil 56 Sabine Pass 20 Final

RETIREDFAN1

The kids at sabine pass have never been any good at football and they have never had coaches stay more than a year. As a matter of fact some of them leave in the middle of the year even. I heard they did things in thsi game they have never done before. Like throw the ball and gain over 250 yards of offense. That sounds like Thibodeaux has them going in the right direction now.

The kids at sabine pass have never been any good at football and they have never had coaches stay more than a year. As a matter of fact some of them leave in the middle of the year even. I heard they did things in thsi game they have never done before. Like throw the ball and gain over 250 yards of offense. That sounds like Thibodeaux has them going in the right direction now.

They are definitely headed in the right direction.

Jaws,

That is just not the case at all. Sabine Pass has a long history of pretty good football. The pinacle was in the late 70's and early 80's. They had a quarterback down there that beat Todd Dodge's area passing numbers.

Numbers killed them over the last 10 to 15 years, but with the influx of Port Acres kids, things are coming back.

My dad played football back in the late 60's for the Sharks. My mom was a cheerleader, as were two aunts. I grew up watching many great High Island- Sabine Pass rivalry games.

Sorry for the miss understanding i just meant its been a long time and with the rotating door of coaches there it has bound to have been tough on them in the last 15 to 20 years. Now they have a dedicated football coach in Coach Thibodeaux, and he brought over Coach Vines who worked with him in Deweyville to call the Offense, and a young eager coach harvey, they should be bound to get a lot better and competitive. Though they do have a long way to go. Good Luck to the new sharks.

I believe the best year the sharks had was in 1984 with reciever Chad Finch. I believe he is still 4th in all time carreer receptions in the whole state of texas.

the downfall for the sharks came in 88' when after the first six weeks there were only 9 players on the team due to grades. The UIL then scraped the sharks from district football. Baseball followed 2 years later, it was scraped totally due to all of the sucess and state championships in One ACT Play.

Harvey is a good guy, he was two grades behind me. He has very good ethics.

A little note on the High Island rivalry, it will be getting better and a little more funner. Last I heard from a very good source, Hwy 87 is looking to be starting construction next year with a complete date around late 2009 early 2010. So then it will be the battle for the beach as we will only be 20 miles apart again.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83