LCM FB Trivia

For all you Bear fans out there, test your knowledge with a little Bear Trivia:

Here goes...

Question # 1 - Who was the first Head FB Coach in LC-M History and what professional team did he coach for after leaving LC-M?

Question # 2 - Which former Head FB Coach began the tradition of calling LCM Sports Teams the "Battlin'" Bears?

Question # 3 - Who was the last LCM football player to wear the jersey number 0 in an official game?

Question # 4 - Who started at QB the first time LC-M beat WO-S? What was the score of the game?

Question # 5 - Which former LCM QB went on to start at QB for McNeese State?

MORE TO FOLLOW.....

I'll give it a shot!! #1 Jim Crossland-Chicago WFL I believe they were the Fire . #2 I Believe this was also Coach Crossland. #3  Derek Knapp #4 Richard Pannell #5 Don Richards. I really can't remember who wore #0 more than likely a kicker so Knapp was a guess. ;D

Randall Dorsett brought the "Bear Fever".  "Battlin Bears" was there with Crossland.

Speaking of UIL outlawing stuff, back in the 60's, Little Cypress had a live bear as a mascot. Anybody remember the bears name and when were live mascots outlawed?

Plumnelly,I knew the kid had a cajun name and as soon as I read it it was like OH Yeah, you know one of those V-8 things. Shovelhead the Bears name was Honey, but I don't know when the state outlawed live mascots without looking it up.

Plumnelly,I knew the kid had a cajun name and as soon as I read it it was like OH Yeah, you know one of those V-8 things. Shovelhead the Bears name was Honey, but I don't know when the state outlawed live mascots without looking it up.

I'm not sure, but I think it was 68 or 69. I remember the bear in 67, but not after that. Yes, her name was Honey.

Alright MMSLB, here we go again.  I have a headache from thinking so hard. These are pretty easy really:

# 1 - Coach Crouch is the tenth Head FB Coach in LCM History.  Name all ten in order with the years they were the HC.

# 2 - What former all state DB who later played at Lamar University holds the LCM Career record for interceptions?

# 3 - To my knowledge, there has only been one overtime game played at Bear Stadium.  Who was the game against and who won?

# 4 - Name the wide receiver who was named ALL STATE in 1975.

# 5 - Who holds the LCM record for most passing yards in a single game?  This one may surprise you.

Ok Plumnelly,here we go,oh I just want you to know I do these cold and these really made me think!! #1 Crossland, Thompson, Dorsett, Dupree, Wozniak, Gamble, Russell left and came back one week later :D, Williams, Moody, and Coach Crouch. #2 Derek Anderson #3 Silsbee- Silsbee, #4 Rick Smith, #5 Clint Plant is my choice but I have someone else in mind .

MMSLB I figured you would think I would throw out Don Dean, but actually he was surpassed by Mauriceville's own Donald Tardy, who threw for 378(I think) against Vidor in 2004.  Don is second with 348 against Hardin Jeff in 1970 and Plant is probably third. I have looked and looked for a copy of that Vidor game from 2004, but neither school has it and I can't find it anywhere.  Would love to have it though, my last game at LCM. Another kid named Raul Gomez also threw for over 300 that year (2004) against Pleasant Grove at SFA.  THree-thrity something I think.

Just for knowing all the coaches and the overtime answer, I give you another A.

I was thinking Dean or Danny Freed,I forget about D.Tardy throwing for so many yards so thanks for jogging my memory.  And I remember Raul also. This has been fun and it has made me recall things that have long been forgotten.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami