LCM FB Trivia

For all you Bear fans out there, test your knowledge with a little Bear Trivia:

Here goes...

Question # 1 - Who was the first Head FB Coach in LC-M History and what professional team did he coach for after leaving LC-M?

Question # 2 - Which former Head FB Coach began the tradition of calling LCM Sports Teams the "Battlin'" Bears?

Question # 3 - Who was the last LCM football player to wear the jersey number 0 in an official game?

Question # 4 - Who started at QB the first time LC-M beat WO-S? What was the score of the game?

Question # 5 - Which former LCM QB went on to start at QB for McNeese State?

MORE TO FOLLOW.....

I'll give it a shot!! #1 Jim Crossland-Chicago WFL I believe they were the Fire . #2 I Believe this was also Coach Crossland. #3  Derek Knapp #4 Richard Pannell #5 Don Richards. I really can't remember who wore #0 more than likely a kicker so Knapp was a guess. ;D

Randall Dorsett brought the "Bear Fever".  "Battlin Bears" was there with Crossland.

Speaking of UIL outlawing stuff, back in the 60's, Little Cypress had a live bear as a mascot. Anybody remember the bears name and when were live mascots outlawed?

Plumnelly,I knew the kid had a cajun name and as soon as I read it it was like OH Yeah, you know one of those V-8 things. Shovelhead the Bears name was Honey, but I don't know when the state outlawed live mascots without looking it up.

Plumnelly,I knew the kid had a cajun name and as soon as I read it it was like OH Yeah, you know one of those V-8 things. Shovelhead the Bears name was Honey, but I don't know when the state outlawed live mascots without looking it up.

I'm not sure, but I think it was 68 or 69. I remember the bear in 67, but not after that. Yes, her name was Honey.

Alright MMSLB, here we go again.  I have a headache from thinking so hard. These are pretty easy really:

# 1 - Coach Crouch is the tenth Head FB Coach in LCM History.  Name all ten in order with the years they were the HC.

# 2 - What former all state DB who later played at Lamar University holds the LCM Career record for interceptions?

# 3 - To my knowledge, there has only been one overtime game played at Bear Stadium.  Who was the game against and who won?

# 4 - Name the wide receiver who was named ALL STATE in 1975.

# 5 - Who holds the LCM record for most passing yards in a single game?  This one may surprise you.

Ok Plumnelly,here we go,oh I just want you to know I do these cold and these really made me think!! #1 Crossland, Thompson, Dorsett, Dupree, Wozniak, Gamble, Russell left and came back one week later :D, Williams, Moody, and Coach Crouch. #2 Derek Anderson #3 Silsbee- Silsbee, #4 Rick Smith, #5 Clint Plant is my choice but I have someone else in mind .

MMSLB I figured you would think I would throw out Don Dean, but actually he was surpassed by Mauriceville's own Donald Tardy, who threw for 378(I think) against Vidor in 2004.  Don is second with 348 against Hardin Jeff in 1970 and Plant is probably third. I have looked and looked for a copy of that Vidor game from 2004, but neither school has it and I can't find it anywhere.  Would love to have it though, my last game at LCM. Another kid named Raul Gomez also threw for over 300 that year (2004) against Pleasant Grove at SFA.  THree-thrity something I think.

Just for knowing all the coaches and the overtime answer, I give you another A.

I was thinking Dean or Danny Freed,I forget about D.Tardy throwing for so many yards so thanks for jogging my memory.  And I remember Raul also. This has been fun and it has made me recall things that have long been forgotten.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont

• Where were the 8 Omaha teams in D1's preseason top 25 poll... 2. Florida 8. A&M 9. Tennessee 13. N.C.State 14. Virginia 15. North Carolina Kentucky - unranked Florida State - unranked
    • That TDS is really flaring. Now do Biden. You have way, way, way more material. And keep that bitter "you are better than me" jealousy tone you have with Trump. You know Biden, the one you want everyone to vote for instead of Trump. Somehow you didn't acknowledge my pleas for you to die a painful death. I was quite certain that is how you would have interpreted my previous post. I guess when your focus is Trump 24/7, nothing else matters.
    • I have a better one. The point that nobody wants to acknowledge is that Dems are crossing over to vote Trump in the primaries and in the general so he will win the presidency. That way Trump will get the blame when the Dems implement their sinister plan to deport all of the minorities in the country. They have already laid the groundwork...convincing everyone that Trump and Republicans are racist (without providing any proof). Then it will be just a matter of time to execute their White supremacy plan of the great purge of the dirty, unwashed, heathen, non-Whites that roam freely in this country. I think my theory is more viable than your theory. Maybe we can get some other ridiculous scenarios so we can start a poll.
    • But that’s what Trump’s fanboys don’t understand.  When he talked about sexually assaulting women, y’all laughed it off as “locker room talk.”  When it was proven that he raped E. Jean Carroll, you cried that it was all an injustice… a lie. Even though he’d already confessed to doing the same thing to other women.  John McCain has suffered and sacrificed more for his country than practically anybody, except possible gold star families… and Trump called him a loser or something to that effect. “Oh, it was a joke that no one was supposed to take seriously.” But when Trump, after disrespecting the sacrifices of one of our most valiant, y’all are like “just because Trump didn’t go to Omaha Beach doesn’t mean he isn’t pro military!” Really? All you have to do is listen to what he said about McCain’s service. Not McCain as an opponent, not McCain’s political views… about the fact that the man was tortured, probably raped, and who knows what all else for over five years for swearing an oath and putting on the uniform.  But all of y’all supposedly “pro military” people just laughed along with Trump. “Good one, Sir! Maverick my new-hind! Filthy Rino!”  I don’t understand how the same people (y’all) who probably always say “thank you for your service” to any veteran still support a guy who craps on the ones who suffered the most on our behalf.  It’s baffling. 
    • Wow. Do you actually believe your little scenario has any chance of alleviating you of your moral immaturity? Deflection at it's best...or worse. You seem to be a sad case. If you died today, I would be remiss if not attributing your cause of death to severe TDS, and of course, Covid. Look at that. I just made a joke about your death. You did not get offended. Nobody was offended. Not one person will accuse me of being hateful towards fellow human beings. But yet, you hate Trump because he made a similar crude comment about McCain. You tried to attribute that comment as evidence Trump hates the military. What grade level of schoolchildren do you think is laughing at you for that "less that adolescent" (hint, hint) comment. You used one crude comment in an attempt to justify your TDS. Now, when called on it, you try to deflect the whole topic. You are certainly not having any fun with this, but you sure are providing entertainment for the board. It's a shame you can't join in on the fun. I think even Big Girl might be to the point of giggling at the shamelessness you are exhibiting.
  • Topics