Report: Junior dos Santos vs Mirko Cro Cop possible for UFC 103 on Sept. 19

Guest baseball25

Guest baseball25

Red hot heavyweight prospect Junior dos Santos (8-1) expects his next fight to come against Pride FC 2006 Open Weight Grand Prix winner Mirko “Cro Cop†Filipovic (25-6-2) at UFC 103, which is slated for the American Airlines Arena in Dallas, Texas, on Sept. 19, according GracieMag.com.

“Cigano†was today mysteriously scratched from a previously announced showdown opposite Justin McCully at UFC 102 on Aug. 29. Perhaps we now know the reason.

Here’s a snip from dos Santos:

“They took me off the August 29 show. My opponent’s changed. I’ll probably face Cro Cop. If I beat him I’ll be in really good standing. If that’s truly the case, I’m guaranteed on the main card and in the main event of the evening. If I were to fight now it wouldn’t be on the main card…. To me it’s incredible. When they asked me if they could change the fight date I was a bit bothered, because I wanted to fight right away. I’ve been away for some time now. But the Fertitta brothers asked me and I accepted. After that I found out it would be against Cro Cop and was overjoyed. It’ll be a big opportunity in my career. Lots of good things have happened in my life and this is one more. I’m going to make the most of

Guest baseball25

Josh Koscheck vs. Frank Trigg*interesting fight

Hermes Franca vs. Tyson Griffin*good fight

Mike Swick  vs. Martin Kampmann* top 10 welterweight match swick ranked 10 and kampann is 7th Efrain Escudero vs. Cole Miller*

Cro Crop      vs  Santos

Rich franklin is on the card too, and I mean its not going to be bad card, 3 top 10 welterweight on the card, cro crop ranked 6th in the heavyweight its going to be a good card..

It would be better if it were not for the fact that two of the prior UFC fights are going to have Title shots this weekend and then Anderson Silva fighting Griffith on another. Kind of a let down, but if you are a fan of MMA this is still a good card to watch, but I won't necessarily be upset if I miss it.

Guest baseball25

Its a good card, is it great no, but like you said when you have these 3 next UFC in the next month, ufc 100, 101, 102, and those great fighters its kinda of hard to put on a GREAT card, I mean this is why UFC is the best in the WORLD look how good these 3 cards cards are I mean this will all happen in a month span, AFFLICTION has only put 2 cards in 2 years it seems like lol

UFC 100

UFC Heavyweight Championship:

Frank Mir vs. Brock Lesnar

UFC Welterweight Championship:

GSP vs. Thiago Alves

Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago

Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping

Yoshihiro Akiyama Vs. Alan Belcher

Mark Coleman Vs. Stephan Bonnar

UFC 101 fighters

Champ B.J. Penn vs. Kenny Florian (for UFC lightweight title)

Champ Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin (non-title fight)

Johny Hendricks vs. Amir Sadollah

Ricardo Almeida vs. Kendall Grove

Josh Neer vs. Kurt Pellgrino

UFC 102 figthers

Randy Couture vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

Keith Jardine vs. Thiago Silva

Chris Leben vs. Jake Rosholt

Demian Maia vs. Nate Marquardt

Matt Hamill vs. Brandon Vera

Yes the next few months are going to be good. The kids at the gym today were all so weirded out that I know so much of the UFC and MMA in general. Being a former wrestler and all I have followed it for a while but got back into it more about six years ago.

The kids today all think that UFC is so hip and "their" thing. It kind of suprises them when i can talk of the really early days of Severn and Kimo vs Royce. ONe of them started talking about Gracie and I was like which one, he did not know any other than Royce. I mentioned Renzo, and their dad Helio, and he just looked at me like i was nuts!

Makes me laugh.

I live in Dayton, home of the almost state champs. I also think it is funny that only something like one or two other guys in my church actually admit to liking UFC, it is either they never have been into fighting and won't start now or they think it is only for the younger crowd.

I guess it does not help that I am the only guy there that played sports past high school and the only guy there who wrestled so that kind of got me started with the interest back in the day.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed