Who should represent the Astros in All Star Game?

Who should represent the Astros in All Star Game?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who should represent the Astros in All Star Game?

• Tejada- .333 avg, 6 hr 42 rbi
    • Pudge- .244 avg, 7 hr 30 rbi
    • Lee- .302 avg, 12 hr 47 rbi
    • Pence- .306 avg, 10 hr 33 rbi 8 sb
    • Berkman- .265 avg, 17 hr 48 rbi
    • Bourn- .291 avg, 2 hr 19 rbi 26 sb
    • Wandy- 7-6, 3.21, 103 IP 95K 39 BB
    • Oswalt- 4-4 4.02, 105 IP 83K 30 BB
    • Sampson- 4-1 2.66, 44 IP 24K 13 BB

Considering the Astros have been near the bottom of the central division standings and have been below .500 all season, i suspect the Astros will only get 1 representative to the All Star team.  I posted a number of players to choose from, along with their current stats.  Everyone i've heard from says, Tejada is the choice for the team, but i'm not so sure thats who i'd pick.  Tejada leads the team with a .333 batting average, which has steadily been on the decline, but only has a .364 OBP which is tied for 2nd on the team with Bourn.  Tejada is always a fast starter and finishes poorly, and in his age, his defense is below average.  If I could pick anyone for the Astros who i think deserves to be on the team, i'd take Pence or Wandy.  Pence has a higher OBP than Tejada, more home runs and has stolen 8 bases.  His defense is way better also.  He has played a very good right field this year, and is near the top in outfield assist.  I also believe Wandy would be a better selection than Tejada also.  Wandy's era has just been above 3.00 recently, but it was in the 1's and 2's for most of the year.  Wandy has been the Astros best starter, and at some points in the year has looked like one of the most dominant pitchers in the NL.  Along with his ERA, his K/BB ratio is pretty good also.  So while i'm sure most people will think that Tejada is the choice for the all star team, i hope the NL manager takes a look at some of the other Astros seasons before making his selection.

Guest Orangeboy

I hate the rule that every team has to have a representative. I also hate the fan voting thing. Since THIS ONE COUNTS and all. The Players and coaches should select the BEST players.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kakiri550
    Newest Member
    kakiri550

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics