Barbers Hill 24 Bellville 13 Final Post Game Comments

Guest JoesBros

If this doesn't get BH in the top ten next poll then nothing will!!! BH has had a lot critics on this board all do to what they had seen in a scrimmage!! Well boys do you believe yet or does Bellville stink too?? :lol: BH's D was on fire! This is the best Defensive squad I have seen come through BH they were again very phisical tonight causing several fumbles and interceptions!!! And thank you coachs for figureing out that you have Mason Fisher on your team!!!! This guys was awesome tonight catch at least 150 yards in the air and grabing 2 interceptions on Defense!!! Congrats Defense and Offense on a complete game> Bellville has a good team and will make some noise in 3A like they already have.

Yes but no we have lost 3 lineman and are starting defensive end but for us that is fortunate I guess.

Wow!! Where in the heck have I been???? I havn't seen anyone go off the field in the games that seemed injured!!! Hope they get better, are any of the injuries serious??

umm yes I know one sophmore lineman has a back injury out for year....defensive end out at least 5 weeks i think......one lineman should be back for 2 or 3 game of district and don't know why other lineman is out

Thanks for the info. hope for a speedy recovery on all of these young men.

Here is a write up from the Eagle Sports Report.

Needing a big effort with highly ranked Bellville coming to town, the Eagle defense stepped it up a notch forcing 5 Brahma turnovers. Meanwhile, the BH offense made enough big plays to out score the high octane Bellville offense. Both efforts propelled the Eagles to a 24-13 victory over previously undefeated Bellville. Barbers Hill will now have a week to recoup before kicking off the District 21-4A season.

The Eagles took command in the first half maintaining a 14-0 lead. After exchanging punts, BH got a scoring strike from Blake Patton to Mason Fisher. The TD covered 20 and Nick Coggin kicked the PAT for a 7-0 first quarter score. The second quarter began with the first of the Bellville turnovers. Fisher intercepted a Bellville pass to start the second period. BH could not capitalize so Fisher repeated interception act again to set up BH's second quarter score. The Eagles pushed to the Bellville 3 where Todd Patton bulled over for the score. Once again, Coggin was true on his kick for the point after.

In the second half, the Brahamas tallied first. After a good drive, Bellville scored on a 3 yard run of their own. The PAT kick sailed left, leaving the score at 14-6. Barbers Hill quickly answered to squash any thoughts about the Brahmas making a comeback. After a short kick, BH started on their own 36. Blake Patton ran a keeper for 8. The Blake hit Fisher for about 12 and the Eagles got another 15 on the play for a flagrant face-mask violation. BH pushed the ball to the Brahma 12 but turned the ball over. But possession stayed in the Bellville hands for one play. The Eagle defense jarred the ball loose and recovered it at the 10. Three plays later, Patton once again hooked up with Fisher. This time it was for a 7 yard touchdown pass. Coggin's kick made the score 21-6.

In the fourth, both teams added to their score but not enough to change the outcome. Once again, BH got a terrific defense play which set up a field goal. Derek sack the quarterback at the Bellville 13 yard line. BH then took over on the Brahma 37 after a short punt. The Eagles drove to the Bellville 9 where Coggin was true once more from 26 yards out. Barbers Hill now had a 24-6 lead with 5:45 left in the game. Bellville would complete the scoring on the night moments later. After a short kick, an offside penalty and a flagrant late hit penalty, the Brahmas got the ball deep into Eagle territory. A few plays later, Bellville added another 3 yard touchdown but could not rally for any more points.

Mason Fisher had eight receptions for 116 yards and 2 touchdowns along with 2 interceptions. Blake Patton went 17-of-30 passing with 2 touchdowns, while adding 50 yards rushing. Defensively, the whole team was outstanding. They held a team which had scored 35 and 42 points in their first 2 games to only 13. Defensive stats should be posted early next week.

The Eagles now have a week off before host Forest Brook on Friday, Sept. 29th.

If this doesn't get BH in the top ten next poll then nothing will!!! BH has had a lot critics on this board all do to what they had seen in a scrimmage!! Well boys do you believe yet or does Bellville stink too?? :lol: BH's D was on fire! This is the best Defensive squad I have seen come through BH they were again very phisical tonight causing several fumbles and interceptions!!! And thank you coachs for figureing out that you have Mason Fisher on your team!!!! This guys was awesome tonight catch at least 150 yards in the air and grabing 2 interceptions on Defense!!! Congrats Defense and Offense on a complete game> Bellville has a good team and will make some noise in 3A like they already have.

You had to bring up the scrimmage again, did you?

I can't comment much on Bellville because I haven't seen them play and don't know much about them. So, do they stink? I don't know.

Your post goes to show...once again...that you have an inflated opinion of your team. I grant you that BH has made improvements since the scrimmage spanking, but now you're insisting they be ranked in the top 10? NO WAY Barbers Hill is among the 10 best teams in the state. Have you forgotten that BH is now in 4A? Get real.

I'll start by saying that once again the offense looked very much improved from the previous week. It's great to see effective drives down the field. There were 4 drives that stalled due to dropped passes on 3rd down. So thing offensivly are miles beyond where they were 4 weeks ago. I'm a big ole BH fan too but are they a top 10 team? No. I personally dont care about being ranked (although BH could break into the top 40 if they keep it up) , I hope everyone underestimates our Eagles.

Is the Defense one of the best? yep! hard to find another team as fast, aggressive, and disciplined as this one. I saw something last night comforting too. There were several players that usually dont play much that came in and made big hits and big plays. So defensivly there is depth at a couple of positions we didnt realize we had. Bellville is a good team. It was easy to see that #33, Abbs, was just a broken tackle away from breaking of a long run (like the 1 drive in the 3rd qrt.) a really hard runner, but with swarming defense, thats hard to do. I feel very optimistic about district play now. Take one game at a time, keep working hard, keep improving, and take as far as you can. Way to go Eagles!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83