**Evadale vs Maud Series Updates.....Maud Advances!!!!!!!**

Guest pwd3

This is unbelievable. Evadale is a lot better team than what was seen tonight. The team just wasn't together on anything. This goes to show that errors will hurt any team, no matter how good they are. Now the Rebels need to shake it off, come back Saturday, and go to work.

5 1/2 innings of nip-n-tuck baseball...Hits were even at 4 each going into the bottom of the 6th with the Rebels having 3 errors and the Cardinals none.  Both pitchers were doing well and the score was 3-2 Maud on top, and that's when as they say, "the wheels came off"!  When the dust settled the Cardinals put 9 runs on the board in the bottom of the 6th and the error total for the Rebels was at 7.  If your a Reb fan, both are too high!!!  jdb is correct, the game was actually very close till the bottom of the 6th (1 run game) and extra innings didn't seem out of the question.

Maud took care of their business and made no back breaking mistakes; Evadale let this one get away very similar to the last series opener with Douglas.  Now go get the next two. 

Good game and nice class to Maud.

Get your heads cleared and get ready to play your game Rebs...reduce those errors and get me home late Saturday!!!

Maud had speed in the outfield unless it went over the fence it's was an out  but we have a mighty stick

we need to take it out  small ball and base hits will win the game i know you can do it

get the jitters out and lets play ball Garrett excellent job  I'm behind you guys all the way

cant be there Saturday have to work . so pick yourselves up shake off the dust and play rebel ball

[glow=red,2,300]we all believe in you  [/glow]

Well...It happens to all but one team, and it happened to the Rebs.  Final Game 2..Maud 11, Evadale..6.  Great game in which Evadale could have rolled over early but made a game of it and played tough.  Hats off to Maud, good team and well coached.  I believe the final hits were 14 Maud, 11 Evadale, once again errors hurt the Rebs. 

Great bunch of guys in Blue and Gold this year!!!  Evadale is loosing only two seniors, I hesitate to say only two since these are quality guys in Landis and Royal, but only two seniors from this team and have only three Jrs.  With that being said, the Evadale Rebels will play some baseball again next year, you can hang your hat on that!!!

Great job coach Williams...you know how to get it all out of em!!!

Hold your heads up guys, it's been a blast and you represented yourself and our town well! 

I didn't get to go to the game today but thanks to my friend BIGMO44 i got the up dates

when anything happend thank you very much

as for Maud they have a bound tight team very nice people that i met Friday you all played like champs

keep up the good ball and win it all then we can have lost to the state champs  good luck cards

as for the Rebels your a great bunch Garrett we will miss seeing you and Justin play in the blue and gold

you have these experiences to look back on all your life when you run into old friends

Garrett I personally would love to see you go on in baseball your good and will only get better

as you advance into college remember we're behind you in what ever you want to do

best of luck now go build the skill

we only lose 2 next year  so lets go all the way all of EVADALE LOVES THE REBELS

congraduations on your season

Being in the dugout at various times throughout the season and especially today, I can say that the players on the Rebels did our community proud!

It was difficult to watch the season come to a close and I want to say that I saw Garrett Landis giving Billy Nichols a hug and speaking to him. I can only imagine that he told him that it will be alright and that the Rebels can take care of business next year.

I know that we have so many good ball players returning next season. The foundation is laid and the building is being constructed. All the Rebel athletes can be proud of the effort they put forth this year and know that they can go further as they build on that foundation in the future.

We are still behind you Rebels! 

Maud is an outstanding DEFENSIVE team...they will be tough to beat for that very reason. They put the ball in play on offense and they limit the amount of strikeouts. I cant wait to see how they fair in the deeper rounds. If defense wins championships then the Cards will make a splash. When a pitcher has a great defense behind him then he can do so many more things in the way he pitches to hitters. Good luck to the remaining teams..keep ur head up Rebs...learn from this experience and go get em next year.....btw..I AM the REAL Luther X!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics