Lamar Football Season Tickets Poll

NedDog

Would you buy season tickets if Lamar brought back football?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy season tickets if Lamar brought back football?

• Yes, I would buy 2-4 season tickets
    • Yes, I would buy 4-8 season tickets
    • Yes, I would buy more than 8 season tickets (post number you would buy)
    • No, I would not buy season tickets, but I would attend games
    • No, I would not buy season tickets, nor would I attend Lamar football games

I would like to run an informal poll to guage the real interest of having college football return to Beaumont and Lamar. If in a 10-game season, Lamar would play 5 games in Beaumont, and if the cost of 1 season ticket was between $80-85, would you buy and if so, how many? I based the cost on the average season ticket prices at Sam Houston ($75), Texas State ($84), and McNeese State ($90).

I've been to several games at Texas and LSU, and Lmar will never compete with that. I also have been to Lamar games and SFA games and enjoyed them as well. The thing about Lamar Football (just like Jim Gilligan's clubs) they didn't recruit locally as they should. Even then though there were a few kids from the area that I enjoyed following.

• 3 weeks later...

Giving the team a local flavor would definitely boost ticket sales, and I would hope that if the program is resurrected, the head coach would recognize this and recruit accordingly. Obviously, you can't saturate the team with locals, but if you bring in a few marquee names with talent and name-recognition, that would do wonders for the program.

Are you saying we don't have enough local talent to compete. I know the bigger schools will get a few but you can win with what is left. Yes I would and have years ago when Lamar had football! Did you support the Horns when they sucked?

No, I'm saying simply, "what if?" Yes I was still Horn during the Mackovic suck era. Having lived in this area for 30+ years I've seen this area support teams that win and nothing else. I want LU to bring back football. but if the team is not a winner which and chances are it wont be for a while because it takes time to build a program will the public become disenfranchised with it if it takes more than 3-4 years to start winning?? some schools take even longer. will people still go and support the program if in 5 years after it starts if it's still only going 2-9 or 3-8 every year.?? It's easy to sit here and say yes i'll support them, a lot of us said the same thing when the Oilers were took out of Houston and here we are 4 years later they're not good, and people dont want to go to the games, so that same scenario is a possibility with LU football.

I agree, a strong local contingent on the roster would do nothing but help maintain fan interest and attendance numbers. However Dennis is right, history has shown that this area will only support a winning team, so they would need to get it together & produce some winning seasons in a relatively short period of time.

Now having said that, yes, I would still buy 4 season tickets in the first year and remain a season ticket holder for the duration.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124