*BC vs. Cuero Game Thread...6-2 Gobblers Win!!*

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest baseball25

Hicks throws in 4 freaking days.he has to get his dang work in and get his command right..4 innings isn't long...I mean thats normal rest days usually but give me a break stop whining..I guess if he dominated tonight there prob wouldn't be any complaining....But the guy has to get his work in and treat it like a regular start and make sure he sticks to what he's been doing the whole year...

Hicks throws in 4 freaking days.he has to get his dang work in and get his command right..4 innings isn't long...I mean thats normal rest days usually but give me a break stop whining..I guess if he dominated tonight there prob wouldn't be any complaining....But the guy has to get his work in and treat it like a regular start and make sure he sticks to what he's been doing the whole year...

No one's knocking the decision, Just wanna make sure he's not burnout by June....

BC 2 runs on 4 hits. Cuero 6 runs on 10 hits. Cuero hit the ball well and executed a few bunts very well. They are solid defensively but I think their pitching will keep them from getting to Austin.  BC had too many fly outs to the outfield and some costly k's.  Hopefully we can meet up with them again.

Guest Orangeboy

From what I saw Cuero certainly deserves the #1 ranking, great ball club. Hicks has not thrown as many pitches as some might think. Think he has only gone over the 100 mark 1 time and that was in an 8 inning no hit game. Very impressed with Cuero's scouting report in this game.  :o Had their guys positioned as if they has played BC 4 or 5 times a year.  :-\

Cuero has a very good team that made no errors (that I saw)  and made the most of our slipups.  Cuero coach seems to have his best nine that he doesn't waver from which seems to be what the best teams do, and they used several different pitchers that all seem to bring something to the table in a positive way for the Gobblers.  The Cuero players were all fired up and it was obvious they are ready for the playoffs!  And the catcher...............................he has an arm and can fire the ball from his knees as well or better than most can throw standing up..............................very very impressive player (my opinion of him).  Best of luck to the Gobblers in the rounds coming up!

BC 2 runs on 4 hits. Cuero 6 runs on 10 hits. Cuero hit the ball well and executed a few bunts very well. They are solid defensively but I think their pitching will keep them from getting to Austin.  BC had too many fly outs to the outfield and some costly k's.  Hopefully we can meet up with them again.

According to some other websites Cuero threw their # 3,4, & 5 pitchers last night against BC.  If that is the case then they should be favored to make a trip to state.  The pitchers that threw were decent but topped out at 81mph and BC hit it right to them all night.  Cuero did have a good scouting report, they had massive shifts on the IF and OF and made every play.

I dont understand why Hicks pitched so long tonight, Been wondering why he pitches so much in un-necessary games,

Maybe Coach plans on starting Kellogg against Cameron?

I'm not sure how many pitches he threw but probably no more than throwing a bull pen session which is exactly what he should be doing 4 or 5 days before he pithes in a game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83