All Star Coaching???

At TC, the board pretty much has the last word on Allstar coaches. The age group we were in seemed like the same person got  it every year.

not sure about past years, but the Board has no say so in All Star coaching now.

LOL! Not hostile, just perturbed! Like I said in my very first post, Not sure how it has been done in the past!!!! My kids have been playing at TC for 4 years, All Star coaches have not been chosen by the board(in their divisions), they have been chosen by winners of end of season tournaments, or voting by other coaches.

Again, not sure the point you are trying to make. Why?

All I know is that last year the Shetland Coaches voted on the coach (Jewell)and this year the coaches were told ahead of time that the team that won the regular season would have the all star coach and that was Bryant.

In Pinto last year Green had the best record and was the All Star coach and this year Kash won the end of season tourney and had the best record.

Not sure where the issues are in those two age groups.  Unaware of the issues in other age groups.

No issues, Bryant and Kash both have good baseball knowledge. Both are also board members. Its time that those rules were changed. If it would have been done that way a few years back, your Bronco Allstar team would probably go very very deep. Your Leitzke right? Don't you have a kid on the 7-u Young Guns? As does Mrs. Kash? All I'm saying is that when we were there, the same people got the Allstar teams every year just like they do now. Only now you actually have coaches with some knowledge. From what I understand, that 7-u group is a hell of a group of boys just like our 12-u group. Last year in the Mustang division, Cody should have been the head coach of the allstar team but they gave it to the 3rd place team coach who took a group of Tee-ballers to Houston a few years ago and won it all. Two years later took the same group of boys and went 2-out. That year my youngets played short stop on the 2nd place team, hit 10 homeruns, and when allstars came around he played right field and hit in the 10 hole. The other group was always coached by a dad thats kid was questionable at best, but always played infield and batted in the 2 or 4 hole and normally had more errors and k's than any of the other kids. We just had bad experiences as did 90% of the people I know that played out there.

I am Lietzke. 8) 8)  I have just completed my son's 4th season out there and have had no problems worth stirring anything up over.  There is some typical BS that goes on but no different than any other little league program.  Being as that my son is younger I know very little that goes on in any other leagues that Pinto or Shetland since we umpire those games.  My son is on the TC Young Guns 7U team and he loves it.  We have a young team but a good one.  Should be fun to watch these kids playing ball together for years to come.

I dont disagree completely with your opinion on the By Laws, but I dont think having By Laws is a bad thing either. While a lot of the By Laws are just repeats of whats in the Pony rules some are required and needed. While most parks have a Shetland AND Pinto field ours is combined, Therefore the By Laws restricting game times are needed in order to play all of the games by Pony league rules (games cant start after 7:30pm, etc.) The problem is that the By Laws are not talked about or changed and posted on a regular basis. The whole reason for By Laws is to cut down on confusion on such things as All-Stars, financial policies, etc. Unfortunatly half of the time its seems to create greater confusion :-\. LOL!!

I can say without a dought some rules that the BY-LAWS address >>CAN NOT be changed per Pony rules by ANYONE in the local league. Its been a few yrs for me but for an example, when we were in it for the league championship, the league had thrown out the time limit for when the last inn begins, which when confronted the 'powers in control' found out this was 1 that could NOT be changed, sometimes if you read the book closely, the word 'recommended' is used which CAN be changed or altered. Yrs back I coached a Vidor Pony All-Star at the Mustang level, we had took the local tourn and were in Katy at the next level, we were playing Kingwood, when the Kingwood team arrived I noticed all there kids wore steal cleats, I went to the str8 to the director with the issue, what we found was the book said "steal cleats are not recommended' which means you CAN wear them, our league (Vidor) had it in the By-Laws steal cleats could NOT be worn in Mustang or Bronco. If I were coaching and had any problem with a league rule I would contact a PONY director NOT someone in the league. Yrs back PONY could pull a leagues 'charter' for violations but in todays ball with PONY's declining #s of kids a local charter can get by with a little more than yrs past...   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83