Brenham's Betts named AGH soccer player of year

Guest Newbie

Lol congrats.  I thought that was kinda interesting.  The article only lists 5a schools, the 4a schools aren't listed, and yet the AGH soccer player is from a 4a school.  Brenham is loaded with talent.

Not sure I agree with this since Betts is not from ALL Greater Houston Area. Plus, there are some phenomenal players in the City of Houston that would run circles around this guy. Taking nothing away from him of course..... ;)

Yeah, right, multiple all district honors, lead his team to finals last year and semi's this year, plays in the USSF Academy league, signed a D1 college scholarship!  Players of this quality are a dime a dozen.  Every school in our area has a dozen of them, Just look at the Beaumont Enterprise Gold team for 11 or 12 player better.

How many games did you see this young man play? 

Betts is a great player!!! This is no doubt, I have watch him several times especially in big play-off games. My point is he does not live in the AGH Area, he is a Brenham boy and last I checked Brenham is still not in Houston!!!!!

He should have received an award that was AG Brenham or AG Ice Cream Boy!!! But he does not deserve the Houston Award.

Just my opninon, you don't think they would give it to a Beaumont kid do ya? I mean Beaumont is the same distance away from downtown Houston as Brenham is..........

Any Questions now???????

No.  They never look to the east.  I don't know why they consider Brenham "part of Greater Houston", but Brenham seems to be more a part of Houston than us.  Not that that's a bad thing. I'm just saying don't dis the kid that got the award, he didn't pick himself.  Name and boost the kids you think are of the same quality.  In out area there are at least 2 kids that are in the same caliber as Bett's and that's Lumberton's Poole and Kelly's Stockie.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami