Best Team in the 4A Region Boys Next Year?

Nederland was still really young this year, so they have a chance of making it pretty far... Vidor is losing Travis, and the rest stays the same so they potentially have a chance of getting as far as they did last year, maybe a little further... Don't know too much about anyone else...

Coach L, You didn't answer the question. You will need more than 8 starters returning just to win your district. Do you really think you can compete with the Houston Schools? Especially the ones who made it to the Regional Tournament last year.

Really, How good is Lumberton?

Well lets see....

I really dont like to make assumptions about who will this or who wil win that because nothings is ever for sure in sports. I was merely saying that we were returning 8 starters off of a team who lost by one goal to Brenham in the playoffs. Let me remind you that Brenham won Region 3 and were state finalist. Can my team compete with Houston schools? I would definately say yes we can compete with them just as we competed with this years regional champ.

Its unfortunate here at Lumberton that we only have 35-40 kids come out for soccer. Unlike the Houston schools , we dont have the luxury of the number of kids nor the number of kids involved with club soccer. With that said Lumberton has done pretty good over the last few years considering we were knocked out in 2007 to Palestine 2-0 (state semifinalist), nacogdoches in 2008 (lost to brenham in Regional championship) and then this years lost to Brenham 2-1.

Might I ask why you say we will need more than 8 returning starters just to win our district? We have won 3 straight district championships here and have some very talented players coming back next year. Scott Poole (all region player and probable div.1 player), Wes Brackin and Caleb Schexnider have all been outstanding underclassmen and wil be seniors next year.

Really Skippy,  I would say we were pretty good and will be very good next year as well!

What team do you stand behind? Who do you think will win the region?

I stand behind Lumberton I just don't think they can hang with the Houston Area Teams because they never play anyone from Houston. I do know this, Brenham graduated their whole team so I don't predict them to even get to the Regional Final this year.

Who will it be that knocks you out of making it to the State finals this year? Will it be Willis, Waller, Houston Lee, Sharpstown, C.E.king or who knows......VIDOR?

All I know is Go PIRATES!!! Anyone who gets beat by Vidor needs to get some help.

The best team in our area is Nederland for next year!!!!!!

Just when i think i can get away...they pull me back in

I know for a fact that neither Bledsoe and his Dogs or Lutrell (i'm pretty sure i just misspelled one of my friends last names...sorry) and his Raiders are not scared of any team.  That is what makes coaching against them kinda frustrating, their players already have in their heads before the game that they can and will win. 

Skippy are you from Vidor? 

I'd like to join in on the lively discussion!

I'm not going to do any hard research, but here goes.

OK, Skippy, you say, can anyone around here hang with the Houston Area teams?  Let's see, our area is comprised of two 4A districts (that include several 3A programs) versus the "Greater Houston Area" that is made up of SEVEN districts with prolly a hundred thousand kids to choose from...  I don't like to gamble, but I would say the odds are not in our favor around here if you put it that way.  And seeing as only three teams from this area have made it past the second round in the past few years...once again, the odds are against us.

And so many things factor into play-off advancement:  match-ups, coin-flips for sites, injuries, etc.  Nederland BEAT the Kingwood Park team that made it to the Regional Tournament in a tune-up game, and then gave up 3 goals in 15 minutes to a third place team in the second round.

And as recently as five years ago HISD was a JOKE!  Now?  Not so much.

And I think you said something about Lumberton never plays anyone from Houston.  Someone double-check me on this, but I think Lumberton went to the Cy Fair tourney the past two years.  And I know that they went to the Brenham Showcase last year.

Speaking of tournaments.  I know that Kingwood Park is looking for a couple of teams for their tournament next season in week 2.  Here are the teams committed so far:

Kingwood Park

Nederland

Houston Reagan

Houston Austin

Friendswood

Willis

To answer the original question of who will win the Region, from the "Greater Houston Area," I think KWP has a really good shot at it seeing as they made it to the Regional Tourney without Seniors and without their best player (Juan) or maybe an HISD team finally.  From our area, if Lumberton can find a scorer to replace Granato and a destroyer to replace Murrel (sp?) they'll be in the mix. And if Nederland can replace their MVP (Landry), keeper (Vidrine), and best defender (Washburn) then they should be pretty good, too.

My two cents, for what its worth:  If Brenham will be down next year, I see a Waco team against Sharpstown or KP.  Lumberton should be pretty good again next year.  Will they be able to beat one of the forementioned teams?  Possibly,  I know they will compete with them.  Next year's seniors are teh first group that have been with Luttrul for all four years now.  Thats a major plus.  And Bon is correct, i believe like three of Lumberton's losses this year were close ones to Houston area 5A schools.  I'm going to have to say they will be the best team from this area next year. 

Well, growing up in the Golden triangle I have to admit that Lumberton and Nederland are both very good teams. They are as good as any of the Houston Teams I have faced. Coaching at Kingwood Park we had the opportunity to face both Nederland and Lumberton last year. Nederland beat us and tied us and Lumberton gave us a great game.

Both teams have very good Coaches and I wish them the best next season. It would be nice if either one of these teams could get to the regional tournament. I must admit that not only do you have to be good but you have to have a little luck as well to get to the state tournament.

If you want to know how to do this just e-mail Erik Lane!!! Maybe he can answer this since he has been there the last 2 years.

Wow! What can I say?

I guess since this is Coach L's first Senior class we will find out for sure if he can really coach or if he chokes with his first graduating group. As for Bon Mon who knows what he has up his sleeve? Hopefully he can find a replacement for "Landry" who was his whole team practically.

To be honest guys I just don't see you getting very far because when it comes to true competition you are just outnumbered by the Houston Area.

As for you Blackcat you are just fortunate that you have great players and they can win off of pure talent and no coaching. Luttrul and Bledsoe would have won a state championship with the team you had last year!!!

There is nothing more pitiful than a bunch of kids being cheeted because there Coach sucks :o

Let's see... Kingwood Park loses their best player (Juan Castillo) a few weeks before the season, has ZERO seniors on the team, and finishes second in probably the second toughest district (District 40 with Willis, Brenham, Waller, and Montgomery was pretty darn good.) on the way to the Regional Tournament.  That's not good enough for you, huh?  You're almost as bad as Friendswood Fan.

There is nothing more pitiful than a coward who hides behind a screen name and attacks another man.  Once again, if it's so easy:  Get certified.  Get a coaching job.  Win state.  Simple, right?

Let me respond to Skippy about whether or not i can coach. I take pride in my work and do the absolute best that i can do. I played soccer growing up and played on state championship team when i was U12 (its hard to rember that far back). Soccer was always my first love but football paid the way for me to get an education. I am not as knowledgable in soccer as Coach Bledsoe is or Coach Lane is or any of the coaches that have been at this a long time and I will easily admit that. I am however, passionate hard working and addicted to success so I study the game and learn from the coaches I compete against as well as clinics etc..... To quote you, "  I guess since this is Coach L's first Senior class we will find out for sure if he can really coach or if he chokes with his first graduating group". i guess a 54-14-5 record over three years and 3 consecutive district championships, 1 area championship and 2 area finalist is not enough proof. All for a guy who has only coached it for 3 years.

Since you know who I am and what I do, may i ask what you do and who you are. Bledso said it best. There is nothing more pitiful than a coward who hides behind a screen name and attacks another man.  Once again, if it's so easy:  Get certified.  Get a coaching job.  Win state

Skippy must be the Vidor fan who yells the whole game. Glorified little league soccer coach who took his kids team to a league title and watchs some soccer on TV. I salute you drunken coach patato who thinks hes a coach ::)

Skippy must be the Vidor fan who yells the whole game. Glorified little league soccer coach who took his kids team to a league title and watchs some soccer on TV. I salute you drunken coach patato who thinks hes a coach ::)

That Vidor fan your talking about is one of the most passionate soccer parents I know... Supports his son through thick and thin and never misses a game... He yells because he cares, and I can guarantee you he knows a little about the game... He also is a non-alcoholic, hard working guy who NEVER is a couch potato... He also pretty much got me started in the sport of soccer... Given the opportunity, he would be a successful high school coach, and I would put money on that...

Guys, Guys,Guys.......What is all the fuss about 8)? We are just trying to talk a little soccer and everyone is getting bent out of shape.

It's ok to yell at a soccer game, ask Coach L, he yells at everybody especially if he is losing.

I can remember the game where Lumberton was playing Vidor at the end of the season and you couldn't watch the game because of all the yelling from both sides.

What can I say? We are all Passionate about what we do.

Hope everyone is having a Great Week!! It is nice to be back in town.

Go Pirates.

Any word on the street of any new Coaches in the Golden triangle? I hear Vidor is getting a new one because our old Coach left. ;D

Just don't know if the new guy will be any good....does anybody know ????

He's one of the best.

If i played for Vidor I definitely would be looking forward to it...

Best Team in the Region next year?

Without any injuries I would have to go with this order:

1. Sharpstown

2. Kingwood Park

3. Waco University

4. Houston Lee

5. Nacogdoches

6. Willis

7. Friendswood

8. Nederland

9. Elgin

10. Brenham.....Toss up after this  8)

I would put KP that high because next year will be their first year with seniors, and they have proved themselves as a great upcoming program with all under classmen playing at the varsity level.  This season they made it to the Regional Tournament without their best player Juan Castello.  If he is healthy next season I seem them having a good shot at winning Region 3.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder