Whos heading to the college level??

Guest stevenash

Jarvis Benard -- JUCO

ho-hum

How many from HF going, Dove?

Wait, I'll bet your answer is you are "not sure" how many are going this year but when that class of 2013-2015 graduates, there will be 5 or 6, right?

Guest stevenash

Jarvis Benard -- JUCO

ho-hum

Wait, I'll bet your answer is you are "not sure" how many are going this year but when that class of 2013-2015 graduates, there will be 5 or 6, right?

Too early to tell if they are college player material.

When the get that "guaranteed " state championship(s) there will be colleges interested.

Jarvis Benard -- JUCO

ho-hum

When the get that "guaranteed " state championship(s) there will be colleges interested.

There you go. I've never said a guaranteed State championship. :-XDistrict title :P

Guest stevenash

Jarvis Benard -- JUCO

ho-hum

There you go. I've never said a guaranteed State championship. :-XDistrict title :P

Well, since this district has produced a final four appearance for the last 4 years, I assumed HF would continue the tradition.

the league there about to play in its pretty much all d1 talent alot of good  d1 players have come from these conference and gone on to major bcs type schools.. what is donahoe eligibility going to be like spending a year a Navarro?

Guest nostradamus
what school is he going to anyway?

Highland Junior College in Highland, Kansas

Serious question...What keeps Bernard and Donahoe from going D-1 or D-2....These kids are pretty good!

This is the type of question that I think sets DV off about SETX and "not getting out" very much.  First, Donahoe had an opportunity to sign with SFA and chose not to.  So he could've played DI.  He will play DI after one year at Highland.  Second, 6 foot and 5'8" guards are a dime a dozen nationwide.  If you are a 6 foot guard.......you better have something that separates you from everyone else in order to play at even the mid-major DI level.  Most DI colleges won't even look at a 5'8" player.......especially a 5'8" shooting guard.........kind of the same deal as McGee getting drafted by the Cowboys and Harrell not getting drafted at all.........a lot of it has to do with whether or not you fit the prototype they are looking for.........and if you don't.....you better be able to do something super special that makes you worth the risk.

what school is he going to anyway?

Highland Junior College in Highland, Kansas

Serious question...What keeps Bernard and Donahoe from going D-1 or D-2....These kids are pretty good!

This is the type of question that I think sets DV off about SETX and "not getting out" very much.  First, Donahoe had an opportunity to sign with SFA and chose not to.  So he could've played DI.  He will play DI after one year at Highland.  Second, 6 foot and 5'8" guards are a dime a dozen nationwide.  If you are a 6 foot guard.......you better have something that separates you from everyone else in order to play at even the mid-major DI level.  Most DI colleges won't even look at a 5'8" player.......especially a 5'8" shooting guard.........kind of the same deal as McGee getting drafted by the Cowboys and Harrell not getting drafted at all.........a lot of it has to do with whether or not you fit the prototype they are looking for.........and if you don't.....you better be able to do something super special that makes you worth the risk.

And the key words here are "Super Special."

Nick Walters is still going to LamarState he signed with Coach Cole before he left. He signed with LamarState  because wanted to stay close to home this year, believed Coach Cole and Coach Yates were putting a really good team together) and he was excited about getting to play with a point guard the caliber of Donahoe.Nick worked out with Donahoe and you don't have to be a basketball guru to see that this Donahoe is the real deal ....gets to into the lane sees the whole court, gets the ball to the right player at the right time or can finish himself, plays every play and great leadership quality...could have played D1 coming out of HJ and is more mature now than then

Nick Walters is still going to LamarState he signed with Coach Cole before he left. He signed with LamarState  because wanted to stay close to home this year, believed Coach Cole and Coach Yates were putting a really good team together) and he was excited about getting to play with a point guard the caliber of Donahoe.Nick worked out with Donahoe and you don't have to be a basketball guru to see that this Donahoe is the real deal ....gets to into the lane sees the whole court, gets the ball to the right player at the right time or can finish himself, plays every play and great leadership quality...could have played D1 coming out of HJ and is more mature now than then

What's the purpose of signing with Lamar PA if they offer no scholarship money,no meal plan and no dorms as I've seen on another post????The main reason for these kids to sign would be to get their education payed for.

What's the purpose of signing with Lamar PA if they offer no scholarship money,no meal plan and no dorms as I've seen on another post????The main reason for these kids to sign would be to get their education payed for.

there is scholarship money for books and tuition ..there is no dorm or meal plan...

Guest DickVitale

In Division I basketball, $24,000 a year for scholarships is NO SCHOLARSHIP MONEY....It does not even cover THREE players' tuition and books...Thats NO SCHOLARSHIPS. They might as well be D-III again...It would make MUCH MORE SENSE....If Nick Walters (If you are your dad reads this) wants to go elsewhere, PM me and I will help him to get out of there...Seriously...He's a good kid and works his butt off, and I hate to see him go into so much dysfunction...I mean what I said...Let me know.  I have ALREADY placed the returners in other places and will be glad to help.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83