21-2-1? Overall

Cameron Yoe

District 24-3A Runner Up (10-2) Behind Taylor

13-10 overall

Solid young team.

Bridge City

District 21-3A Champ 9-0?

21-2-1? Overall

I have seen Cameron play Rockdale and I will mention a few things I have noticed about Cameron.  First of all, in no way will they match up with Bridge City.  Cameron is a young team, but they are far from solid.  First of all, this district is a very weak district.  They have one strong pitcher in Eric Brooks (Taylor) but besides that they lack in talent.  I watched the Cameron game and lets just say they dont do the small things.  I don't see anyone backing up throws, there was no creeping, and 3 times unsuccesfully they couldn't put a bunt down.  Josh Moore who apparently is their #1 has thrown a lot of innings this year, and although a great kid (from what I saw from the stands) he is not something that is overpowering.  Knowing Coach Landry and the way he plays the game, he could easily get some cheap runs from double steals, 1st and third situations , and hit and runs.  But folks this is why they play the game because anything can happen in baseball. 

Cameron Yoe

District 24-3A Runner Up (10-2) Behind Taylor

13-10 overall

Solid young team.

Bridge City

District 21-3A Champ 9-0?

21-2-1? Overall

I have seen Cameron play Rockdale and I will mention a few things I have noticed about Cameron.  First of all, in no way will they match up with Bridge City.  Cameron is a young team, but they are far from solid.  First of all, this district is a very weak district.  They have one strong pitcher in Eric Brooks (Taylor) but besides that they lack in talent.  I watched the Cameron game and lets just say they dont do the small things.  I don't see anyone backing up throws, there was no creeping, and 3 times unsuccesfully they couldn't put a bunt down.  Josh Moore who apparently is their #1 has thrown a lot of innings this year, and although a great kid (from what I saw from the stands) he is not something that is overpowering.  Knowing Coach Landry and the way he plays the game, he could easily get some cheap runs from double steals, 1st and third situations , and hit and runs.  But folks this is why they play the game because anything can happen in baseball. 

Great info Coach.....Can't wait to see these games started....

From 3ABaseball.com

CAMERON YOE YOEMEN

Coach:  John Broussard (1st Year)                            2008 Record:  11-11-1, 1-7

Returning Starters

Tyler Riola, Sr, C/OF-2nd Team A-D

Jarrett Beckhusen, So, OF

Schedule

Feb 24            Hutto                            A        7:00            L 2-3            0-1

Feb 26-28        Rivals Bell Classic

Salado                                            L 10-17        0-2

Smithville                                      W 7-3          1-2

A& M Consolidated JV                    W 14-8        2-2

Robinson                                        L 4-5            2-3

Snyder                                          L 7-14          2-4

Mar 3              Troy                            A        5:00

Mar 5-7          Rogers Tournament

Gatesville                                      L 4-17

Mar 10            Taylor                          A        7:00            L 2-4            0-1, 3-9

Mar 12-14      Waco Connally Tournament                            Rain Out

Mar 17            Madisonville                H        7:00          W 14-2        1-1, 4-9

Mar 20            Rudder                        A        7:00          W 9-2          2-1, 5-9

Mar 24            Navasota                      H        7:00          W 6-5          3-1, 6-9

Mar 28            Caldwell                      A        7:00          W 9-1          4-1, 7-9

Mar 31            Rockdale                      A        7:00          W 10-8        5-1, 8-9

Apr 3              Taylor                          H        7:00            L 5-9            5-2, 8-10

Apr 9              Madisonville                A        7:00          W 11-4          6-2, 9-10

Apr 14            Rudder                        H        7:00          W 6-3          7-2, 10-10

Apr 17            Navasota                      A        7:00          W 7-2            8-2, 11-10

Apr 21            Caldwell                      H        7:00          W 12-1        9-2, 12-10

Apr 24            Rockdale                      H        7:00          W 8-4          10-2, 13-10

I was in Madisonville at the ballgame on April 9 and the Yoemen won 11-4.  They have won out with scoring around 8 runs per game.  They handled everyone in the District but Taylor pretty well.

They have a new Coach...a young team... seem inconsistent...capable of giving a good surprise performance: but vulnerable in some savvy-needed areas

A few years back BC pounded the Yoemen over at Baseball USA, in the Quarter-rounds of the playoffs.

I respectfully disagree that this is a weak District....Taylor rightfully has been as high a #2 in 3A ratings and always in the top five.  Rockdale has been rated also. Remember Cameron has played Taylor to a 4-2 ballgame--they have shown a toughness beyond their years of age. They also lost to Robinson 5-4 early on and Robinson is a rated team.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now I saw the whole softball game and the very young Cameron team beat the District Champs Madisonville 9-0 that night.  I pick them to win 2A next year when they drop-down.

I have no idea.I would assume 1 as we don't have pitching.

I just remembered this website from the 1st time we played BC and I just wanted to defend the honor of the team I was on

hey, that's what it's about. bring some of your fans over and we can get it started.

Yeah that could be fun..;D

I just remembered this website from the 1st time we played BC and I just wanted to defend the honor of the team I was on

To totally hijack the thread is Rockdale any good? Sorry but Huffman gets them I think.  8)

To totally hijack the thread is Rockdale any good? Sorry but Huffman gets them I think.  8)

I am actually working in Rockdale right now, and to be honest they aren't even the team that Cameron is.  Yes they have a pitcher who is undefeated (Mark Drake) but he is the #2 pitcher and pitches against the weaker teams.  Nic Hammit Z(sp?)  is their ace, but he is very inconsistent, and isn't a true pitcher.  He is a big ole boy who signed a scholarship to play football at Rice.  One would think that he would throw harder than he does, but his form is unorthodox, and well basically he is a thrower.  I would compare them to Orangefield a few years back.  Basically (and I am not being a homer) there SHOULD be (and like I said should because baseball is a funny game)  be a 3-0 sweep for the Golden Triangle district.  I am sure you will see 3 1 game playoff series, because A.) Taylor has that one gun in Eric Brooks, and B.)  Rockdale and Cameron have no depth in their pitching dept.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami