Central High School Basketball

omegafour4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

He needs to move on... He needs to be moved on... He has no concept of playing to his talent. He has had guard oriented teams and tried to play a big mans game with them... I don't mind if he losing if he is playing to maximize his talent. You can't call a set up offense/defense on a team that is much larger than you are. He has had the team that strengths were to run and press and has not used that at all. He is a big man so I understand his lack of understanding of a guards game, but as a coach you need to learn and make adjustments. Coach Rice, love ya man but I think its time for a new way!!!

shorttexas1 I think that you are being a little to hard on coach Rice. I have watched the Jaguars over the pass five years. He has pressed when he has had the personel to press. As a matter of fact he was probablly one of the fastest teams in the area when comes to pressing and pushing the ball up the court. You also have to look at the fact that the Jaguars has been as deep as they had been as a 5A school. You need to take that into consideration when you talk about pushing and pressing. Size is not always the best indicator of what style of play you choose. There are some teams that are big and run the ball and there are some teams that are small and play a controlled fundamental game. Case in point - Vidor Pirates. Just because you run and press don't mean you're going to win either. What if a team forces you into a half court game you still have to be able to score. Another note: you mentioned loosing He has never had a loosing season!!!! I think he won twenty games last year.

Ok, I see you are his frat brother and I admit I was a little hard on the man (and I dont want the omegas to jump me!!). He has had winning seasons every year he has been there and I like him as a person. He has done well and some years his talent level has not been up to par. I just want him to be himself... all the African American coaches inluding Rice play like they are Boutte(I can't stand his style of play... in state every year but no one goes to college because of a lack there of stats). If Rice would develop his own style I think I may enjoy him!

• 3 weeks later...

short texas evidently you don't go to the games and you have no basketball knowledge. If you went to the games and you saw the way that central play then you would know right of the back that his style is nothing like Bouttes. As a matter of fact he doesn't have the personnel to even play or pattern his style after boutte's.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami