Jasper's Weatherspoon verbially commits to Missouri

KFDM COOP

Tigers land Texas linebacker

by Chris Pool of Scout.com, December 29, 2005 at 11:42am ET

Sean Weatherspoon, a 6-foot-1, 205-pound, outside linebacker, from Jasper, Texas, gave Missouri his verbal commitment after Christmas. We caught up with Jasper coach Danny Love to get his comments on Weatherspoon.

“I love that (Weatherspoon) kid,” Coach Love said. “I wish I had a hundred just like him. I moved him up to the varsity as a freshman, put him at weak side linebacker and he never left the field.”

What can Missouri expect to see from Sean Weatherspoon in the next few years?

“Oh, Sean is going to be a big ol’ kid.” Coach Love said. “He’s never gone through an off-season, so he’s never really hit the weights like he will at Missouri. Sean goes from football to basketball to baseball, he’s just a great athlete.

“I think you’ll see once he gets to Missouri that he’ll hit the weights and they’ll get him on a good nutrition plan. I wouldn’t be surprised in a few years if he ended up as a rush end. He’s got that type of frame.

“Sean is a great leader on and off the field. He plays the game of football with a passion that can’t be taught. His teammates as well as the students at Jasper all look up to him. Missouri is getting a great football player and an even better person.”

Weatherspoon chose Missouri over Tulane and Houston.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86