Anderson Silva

yeah he could be number 1.....This next fight he has is going to be a very hard fight for him should be a good one.

Thiago Alves  last 7 fights

Win Josh Koscheck  Unanimous Decision UFC® 90 SILVA vs COTE   Oct-25-2008 3 5:00   

Win Matt Hughes  Technical Knock Out UFC® 85 BEDLAM   Jun-7-2008 2 1:02   

Win Karo Parisyan  Technical Knock Out UFC® Fight Nightâ„¢ Kenny Florian vs Joe Lauzon   Apr-2-2008 2 0:34   

Win Chris Lytle  TKO Stoppage (Cut) UFC® 78 VALIDATION  Nov-17-2007 2 5:00   

Win Kuniyoshi Hironaka  Technical Knock Out UFC® Fight Nightâ„¢: Din Thomas vs Kenny Florian    Sep-19-2007 2 4:04   

Win Tony DeSouza  Technical Knock Out UFC® 66: LIDDELL VS. ORTIZ  Dec-30-2006 2 1:10   

Win John Alessio  Unanimous Decision

GSP would get my vote for #1 P4P...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah he could be number 1.....This next fight he has is going to be a very hard fight for him should be a good one.

Win Josh Koscheck  Unanimous Decision UFC® 90 SILVA vs COTE   Oct-25-2008 3 5:00   

Win Karo Parisyan  Technical Knock Out UFC® Fight Nightâ„¢ Kenny Florian vs Joe Lauzon   Apr-2-2008 2 0:34   

Win Kuniyoshi Hironaka  Technical Knock Out UFC® Fight Nightâ„¢: Din Thomas vs Kenny Florian    Sep-19-2007 2 4:04   

Win Tony DeSouza  Technical Knock Out UFC® 66: LIDDELL VS. ORTIZ  Dec-30-2006 2 1:10   

I'll agree with you, how is that? LOL. I know Fedor is great and beaten some great names but GSP has done it consistently for the last 3 years and only shown signs of getting better. He seems to train better than anyone right now too.

I'll agree with you, how is that? LOL. I know Fedor is great and beaten some great names but GSP has done it consistently for the last 3 years and only shown signs of getting better. He seems to train better than anyone right now too.

Silva is a bad dude, no doubt! I just hope they give him someone that will bang with him and not be scared.

Guest baseball25

Man I watch every organization I like fedor he's a beast and is in the top 3 pfp best....All i am saying is to be the best you got to fight the best and fight more than 1 time in a year...Thats all i am saying...Fedor use to fight the best guys out there....But rightnow he's not fighting the best and he's not fighting for the best organization......if you UFC wants the pitbull and tim back they would get them back in the UFC but they don't want them back becasue they don't need them...

Man I watch every organization I like fedor he's a beast and is in the top 3 pfp best....All i am saying is to be the best you got to fight the best and fight more than 1 time in a year...Thats all i am saying...Fedor use to fight the best guys out there....But rightnow he's not fighting the best and he's not fighting for the best organization......if you UFC wants the pitbull and tim back they would get them back in the UFC but they don't want them back becasue they don't need them...

aparently not...becuase if you did you would realize what venom is saying is true.....there are much better fighters out there than what the UFC has to offer. yes UFC is the more recognizable name, but you gotta look past that to see the true beauty of the sport. i seriously used to be just like you and think UFC was the biggest and baddest thing there was. now i look out and see WEC, Dream, Strikeforce, Affliction, M1, etc. and realize theres bigger and badder guys outside of the UFC.

Guest baseball25

WEC is OWN by UFC so those fighters are basically UFC fighters.......Affliction won't make it.....I do like strikeforce though  thought diaz looked good the other night but he did fight a old shamrock....I watch every organization man I really do.......But from TOP to BOTTOM UFC has the better fighters....

Guest baseball25

That former UFC guys lol.....If UFC wanted them back they would bring them back..Lesnar Beats Tim and Arvloski, Mir Beats Tim and Arvloski, Coutore already Beat Tim and he will beat arvloski too.......Nogeria already beat tim and he would beat Arvloski too....I like Barnett alot, and Fedor is a monster......Affliction has good heavyweight but thats all they really have its a Heavyweight organization but....But couture,Lesnar,Mir,Nogeria, Kongo, Carwin is  a up and comer and Velsequez isn't bad either. The heavyweights are getting better in the UFC.

Bold are UFC and Affliction fighters

Sherdog hvy weight rankings

1. Fedor Emelianenko (29-1, 1 NC)

Emelianenko's brutal sparking of Andrei Arlovski in their Jan. 24 Affliction headliner has given rise to fervent, polarized discussion over whether Emelianenko is supernatural or fortunate. Any discussion of the sport's heavyweight king is welcomed, though, as he should have another blockbuster heavyweight bout this summer against Josh Barnett.

2. Andrei Arlovski (14-6)

For three minutes, Arlovski was better than ever while peppering the sport's heavyweight king, Fedor Emelianenko, from range. Then, one cruel flying knee attempt later, Arlovski was face down, out cold on the mat -- a brutal punctuation mark put on what began as Arlovski's finest performance.

3. Josh Barnett (24-5)

Barnett's Jan. 24 victory over Gilbert Yvel at Affliction's "Day of Reckoning" was hardly one of his finest. However, the victory, coupled with the triumph of Fedor Emelianenko, should set up a high-stakes heavyweight marquee for Affliction's third offering in the early summer.

4. Frank Mir (12-3) UFC

A knee injury postponed Mir’s May matchup with Brock Lesnar. Now the UFC's interim heavyweight champion will seek to unify both versions of the promotion's title when he rematches Lesnar at UFC 100 on July 11.

5. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (31-5-1, 1 NC) UFC

Whether it will wind up being the fight that fans had long hoped for remains to be seen, but two of the sport’s most enduring icons will square off at UFC 102 in August when Nogueira finally meets up with Randy Couture.

6. Brock Lesnar (3-1) UFC

The former WWE star got a bit of bad news when his UFC heavyweight title rematch with Frank Mir was postponed due to injury. Lesnar will get the chance to become the full and undisputed UFC heavyweight king come July 11 at UFC 100.

7. Randy Couture (16-9) UFC

His bout with Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira is long overdue. Hopefully when "The Natural" and "Minotauro" square off at UFC 102 in August, the clash of heavyweight legends is not past its expiration date.

8. Tim Sylvia (24-5)

Not having seen action since his blowout loss to Fedor Emelianenko last July, the former UFC heavyweight champion is tracking down competition of a different sort. He'll box former Olympic gold medalist Ray Mercer on June 13.

9. Shane Carwin (11-0) UFC

Just when it looked as if he were on the ropes, Carwin turned out the lights on Gabriel "Napao" Gonzaga on March 7. The victory gave the touted heavyweight prospect his 11th stoppage win in as many fights.

10. Alistair Overeem (29-11, 1 NC)

Continuing his kickboxing odyssey, Overeem at least drew critical praise on March 28 when he rag-rolled three-time K-1 World Grand Prix champion Remy Bonjasky before a late knockdown cost him a razor-thin decision.

POUND FOR POUND RANKINGS  from SHERDOG......So you say UFC doesn't Have the best figthers....Bold are UFC figthers  UFC has 7 out 10 Best fighters in the World....

1. Anderson Silva (22-4)

It is strangely appropriate that the sport's top fighter has a preoccupation with boxing Roy Jones Jr. During Jones' own heyday as boxing's pound-for-pound king, his superlative talents left fans and critics alike bemused by anything less than scintillating, brilliant violence and his abilities merited that fighting ordinary challengers was no longer good enough. This is where Silva now sits, following a lackluster bout with Patrick Cote in October and on the eve of his UFC middleweight title defense against Thales Leites on April 18 at UFC 97. Though the middleweight division does have some interesting challenges on deck, such as Yushin Okami and Demian Maia, many fans, and even Silva himself, want to see "The Spider" in the cage against fighters beyond the 185-pound class to truly test his mettle as the sport's pound-for-pound finest.

2. Georges St. Pierre (18-2)

Although the spectre of “Greasegate†looms large over Georges St. Pierre, he is nonetheless one of MMA's pound-for-pound "big three" along with Anderson Silva and Fedor Emelianenko. UFC 100 on July 11 will give St. Pierre an opportunity to show and prove himself as the sport's top fighter, as he faces a challenge from another outstanding, accomplished competitor in Thiago Alves in the kind of fight that fortifies pound-for-pound stature. Should "Rush" deal with Alves as he's dealt with the likes of other welterweight standouts like Jon Fitch, Matt Hughes and Josh Koscheck among others, it would be hard to imagine who at 170 pounds would provide St. Pierre with a suitable test afterward.

3. Fedor Emelianenko (29-1, 1 NC)

The longest tenured king of any division in the sport, Fedor Emelianenko has reigned over MMA's heavyweights for over six consecutive years now. However, Emelianenko was not without his detractors. After his monumental August 2005 victory over Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, he was criticized for taking on opposition not befitting a true heavyweight champion. Emelianenko has at least partially assuaged these sentiments in the last year, brutally polishing off former UFC heavyweight champions Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski, both in the first round. Hopes are that if Affliction stages a summer offering, Emelianenko will be on board to headline once again, whether against fellow top heavyweight Josh Barnett or otherwise.

4. Miguel Torres (37-1)

He didn't utilize his physical advantages. He indulged his opponent's strengths. He fought fire-against-fire when the slow burn of his jab may have been most prudent. Yet, in his April 5 WEC title war against potent contender Takeya Mizugaki, Miguel Torres showed the intangible assets that make him the king of the bantamweights, by outlasting and out-willing his challenger. Torres has the ability to add to his hit list another outstanding challenger when he takes on undefeated Brian Bowles later this year amidst a rapidly intensifying 135-pound division.

Tim Wright/Splash News

B.J. Penn will return to

his duties as the sport's

preeminent 155-pounder.5. B.J. Penn (13-5-1)

With “Greasegate†now confined to the sourer pages of the sport's history, B.J. Penn will return to his duties as the sport's preeminent 155-pounder, as he's slated to defend his UFC title at UFC 101 in August against contender-cum-commentator Kenny Florian. The Florian fight not only represents a long overdue title defense; it’s also the sort of bout that Penn has often overlooked in favor of overly ambitious prizes above the lightweight division, which has hindered his ability to reign as a pound-for-pound stalwart.

6. Rashad Evans (13-0-1)

Despite his December knockout of Forrest Griffin to take the UFC light heavyweight title, Rashad Evans has continued to be scrutinized, as fans and pundits alike wonder if the Greg Jackson disciple is in fact the sport's top 205-pounder and a legitimate pound-for-pound entrant. Fortunately, Evans has the ability to author his own destiny on May 23, when he defends his light heavyweight title against undefeated and seemingly untouchable Lyoto Machida at UFC 98. Should Evans deal with "The Dragon,†questioning his merits would become awfully hard.

7. Quinton Jackson (30-7)

It was only nine months ago that Quinton Jackson, coming off of back-to-back brilliant performances against sterling opposition in Chuck Liddell and Dan Henderson, had the UFC light heavyweight title taken from him by Forrest Griffin. That was precipitated by a messy split with trainer and manager Juanito Ibarra and Jackson’s well-publicized vehicular insanity. However, "Rampage" has quickly regrouped, knocking off arch-nemesis Wanderlei Silva via first-round knockout in December, and taking a unanimous verdict over the game Keith Jardine in March. Jackson's back-to-back wins over top-10 opposition firm his place amongst the sport's most accomplished, and leave him waiting in the wings for the winner of Evans-Machida at UFC 98 in May.

8. Mike Thomas Brown (21-4)

A year ago, Mike Thomas Brown was coming off of a perfunctory win against overmatched MMA cult figure Manny Reyes Jr. Now, after three dominating victories over top-10 opposition inside the WEC cage, Brown owns the division's biggest crown in the WEC featherweight title. Brown's destructive blowout over well-deserved challenger Leonard Garcia on March 1 affirmed how far the unassuming Brown has come in his career. Better still, Brown will have the opportunity to cement himself a pound-for-pound list citizen rather than a hot-streaking tourist when he rematches the man he took the 145-pound mantle from, Urijah Faber, at WEC 41 on June 7.

9. Forrest Griffin (16-5)

MMA's reality action hero earned his way onto the list with victories over then-pound-for-pound stalwart Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and current pound-for-pound resident Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. However, in light of Jackson's recovery, with two rebound victories over top-10 adversaries, the rise of featherweight ruler Mike Thomas Brown, and his own knockout loss at the hands of Rashad Evans in December, Forrest Griffin has taken a P4P tumble. The road to recovery for the original “Ultimate Fighter,†who is still on the mend with a hand injury, could run through once-beaten Brazilian Thiago Silva at UFC 101 on Aug. 8.

10. Thiago Alves (16-3)

It's debatable that any fighter accrued more outstanding wins in 2008 than Thiago Alves. Though the 25-year-old Brazilian was appropriately admonished for coming in overweight for his bout with longtime welterweight ruler Matt Hughes, Alves' '08 campaign featured three top-10 victories with his triumphs over Hughes, Josh Koscheck, and Karo Parisyan. A string of outstanding victories in one of MMA's historically strongest weight classes more than entitles him to the UFC welterweight title shot he'll receive at UFC 100 on July 11, and sets up one of the year's biggest clashes between outstanding, accomplished fighters.

10. Mike Brown

Affiliation: WEC

Weight class: Featherweight (WEC featherweight champion)

Hometown: Portland, Maine

Record: 21-4 (won last nine)

Last month’s ranking: unranked

Most recent result: def. Leonard Garcia, R1 TKO, March 1

Analysis: For those who send me monthly emails on the topic: Yes, I am, in fact, aware Brown beat Urijah Faber. I personally voted Brown No. 9 and Faber No. 10. I can’t tell other pollsters how to vote. Thank you.

9. Urijah Faber

Weight class: Featherweight

Hometown: Sacramento, Calif.

Record: 22-2 (won last one)

Last month’s ranking: 10

Most recent result: def. Jens Pulver, R1 TKO, Jan. 25

Analysis: Is Brown in Faber’s head? “The California Kid†has already been openly discussing going up to lightweight or down to bantamweight.

8. Quinton Jackson

Affiliation: UFC

Weight class: Light heavyweight

Hometown: Memphis, Tenn.

Record: 30-7 (won last two)

Last month’s ranking: 8

Most recent result: def. Keith Jardine, unanimous decision, March 7

Analysis: On the shelf until he recovers from jaw surgery.

7. Lyoto Machida

Weight class: Light heavyweight

Hometown: Belem, Brazil

Record: 14-0

Last month’s ranking: 7

Most recent result: def. Thiago Silva, R1 TKO, Jan. 31

Analysis: May 23 main event with Rashad Evans marks the first UFC title main event in quite some time to feature undefeated fighters.

6. B.J. Penn

Weight class: Lightweight (UFC lightweight champion)

Hometown: Hilo, Hawaii

Record: 13-5-1 (lost past one)

Last month’s ranking: 5 (

Most recent result: lost to Georges St. Pierre, doctor stoppage after R4, Jan. 31

Analysis: Dropped a spot without fighting. Hopefully a confirmed match with Kenny Florian in August will get him to stop focusing on “Greasegate.â€

5. Rashad Evans

Weight class: Light heavyweight (UFC light heavyweight champion)

Hometown: Lansing, Mich.

Record: 13-0-1 (won past three)

Last month’s ranking: 6

Most recent result: def. Forrest Griffin, R3 TKO, Dec. 27

Analysis: Machida’s hit-and-run style presents opponents with quite a puzzle. Will Evans be the first to solve it?

4. Miguel Angel Torres

Weight class: Bantamweight (WEC bantamweight champion)

Hometown: East Chicago, Ind.

Record: 36-1 (won past 17)

Last month’s ranking: 4

Most recent result: def. Takeya Mizugaki, unanimous decision, April 5

Analysis: After yet another fight-of-the-year caliber match, Torres has made it clear the MMA’s Big Three has become the Big Four.

3. Georges St. Pierre

Weight class: Welterweight (UFC welterweight champion)

Hometown: Saint-Isidore, Quebec

Record: 18-2 (won past five)

Last month’s ranking: 3

Most recent result: def. B.J. Penn, doctor stoppage after R4, Jan. 31

Analysis: In a holding pattern until his July match with Thiago Alves.

1 (tie). Anderson Silva

Weight class: Middleweight (UFC middleweight champion)

Hometown: Curitiba, Brazil

Record: 23-4 (won past nine)

Last month’s ranking: 1 (tie)

Most recent result: def. Patrick Cote, R3 TKO, Oct. 25

Analysis: Anything short of a convincing win over unheralded Leites will be a letdown.

1 (tie). Fedor Emelianenko

Affiliation: Affliction/M-1 (WAMMA heavyweight champion)

Weight class: Heavyweight

Hometown: Stary Oskol, Russia

Record: 29-1, one no-contest (won past 10)

Last month’s ranking: 1 (tie)

Most recent result: def. Andrei Arlovski, R1 KO, Jan. 24

Analysis: Rumors of an Affliction card on July 11 surfaced in recent weeks. As did rumors that, surprise surprise, Josh Barnett wouldn’t fight Emelianenko on the card. Anything short of Barnett, or perhaps a rematch with Andrei Arlovski, would put Emelianenko back on “caliber of competition†notice.

• Votes for others: Thiago Alves 13, Shinya Aoki 10, Brock Lesnar, Dan Henderson 6, Andrei Arlovski, Forrest Griffin 2, Jon Fitch 1.

I agree Carwin seems to have a bright future and I cant wait for Overeem to get signed by somebody! Im not sold on Lesnar,Mir, Couture, or Nog. Lesnar seems to have a bright future as well but I think Nog and Randy have seen their better days.

I think GSP is deserving of his spot on P4P if not the #1 spot.

Guest baseball25

I bet overeem will signs with UFC i like him alot....ok then you have Carwin that will take couture spot and velsequez takes Nog spot....If mir comes in shape and ready to fight he's a hell of a fighter....Also Kongo isn't bad either...GSP is getting better and better...If anderson Silva fights another fight like he did the last 2 fights he will lose his spot and GSP will take over if he beats Alves..and ALVES could beat him....LESNAR is the best athlete in mma the guy is going to just keep getting better and better.

I bet overeem will signs with UFC i like him alot....ok then you have Carwin that will take couture spot and velsequez takes Nog spot....If mir comes in shape and ready to fight he's a heck of a fighter....Also Kongo isn't bad either...GSP is getting better and better...If anderson Silva fights another fight like he did the last 2 fights he will lose his spot and GSP will take over if he beats Alves..and ALVES could beat him....LESNAR is the best athlete in mma the guy is going to just keep getting better and better.

Lesnar is scary!!! If he had Wandy's intense staredown ability.... :'(

I bet overeem will signs with UFC i like him alot....ok then you have Carwin that will take couture spot and velsequez takes Nog spot....If mir comes in shape and ready to fight he's a heck of a fighter....Also Kongo isn't bad either...GSP is getting better and better...If anderson Silva fights another fight like he did the last 2 fights he will lose his spot and GSP will take over if he beats Alves..and ALVES could beat him....LESNAR is the best athlete in mma the guy is going to just keep getting better and better.

Lesnar is scary!!! If he had Wandy's intense staredown ability.... :'(

Rampage

WEC is OWN by UFC so those fighters are basically UFC fighters.......Affliction won't make it.....I do like strikeforce though  thought diaz looked good the other night but he did fight a old shamrock....I watch every organization man I really do.......But from TOP to BOTTOM UFC has the better fighters....

correction Zuffa owns WEC. UFC and WEC are partner organizations but neither owns the other. You believe what you want....ill always know your a bandwagon jumper.

Guest baseball25

you don't know me so you don't know if i am a  bandwagon jumper are not...Zuffa LLC, which owns the UFC, also owns the WEC, but the two operate as separate organizations  I know this but if UFC wanted a top guy like Faber which is supposed to go to the ufc in the next yr are so they can have them.......Thats why you have been seeing more guys from WEC fighting in the UFC latley.......ZUFFA OWN WEC AND UFC

you don't know me so you don't know if i am a  bandwagon jumper are not...Zuffa LLC, which owns the UFC, also owns the WEC, but the two operate as separate organizations  I know this but if UFC wanted a top guy like Faber which is supposed to go to the ufc in the next yr are so they can have them.......Thats why you have been seeing more guys from WEC fighting in the UFC latley.......ZUFFA OWN WEC AND UFC

partner organizations means they are owned by the same company dude. and the ufc doesnt have a featherweight division. show me some of this knowledge you say that you have.

Guest baseball25

its called moving up in weight and thats what he wants to do so he is going to fight for the UFC.......They just said that last week

Guest baseball25

WEC star Urijah Faber plans to dabble in 135- and 155-pound divisions

Figuring he has a little less than a decade left in his mixed-martial-arts career, former WEC featherweight champion Urijah Faber (22-2 MMA, 7-1 WEC) has given plenty of thought to the future.

And during a 30-minute question-and-answer session following Saturday's WEC 40 weigh-ins in Chicago, the 145-pound Faber gave a sneak peak of some potential coming attractions.

They include a move down to 135 pounds for a potential fight with WEC bantamweight champ Miguel Torres and a jump up to 155 pounds for a possible bout with UFC lightweight champion B.J. Penn.

"I'll probably have another seven to eight years in this sport," the 29-year-old Faber said while sharing a panel with fellow WEC fighters Mike Brown and Donald Cerrone and WEC broadcaster Frank Mir. "I'll probably go down to 135 (pounds) and up to 155. I'll try to stabilize myself at 145, so there's a lot of fights out there for me."

And whom would "The California Kid" like to fight in those divisions?

"Maybe Miguel," Faber said. "Maybe 'Kid' Yamamoto. Maybe B.J. Penn. Who knows what's next? Maybe (Tyson) Griffin."

All would present interesting options. Despite losing his featherweight belt to Brown in November, Faber constantly finds himself the subject of fans' fantasy matchmaking. And ever since Torres' emergence as the WEC's bantamweight champion and the world's top 135-pound fighter, fans have clamored for a Torres vs. Faber bout.

Faber likes the idea, but he first has other business that needs addressing.

"Right now, this guy's the man, and I don't like that," joked Faber while pointing to Brown.

The two fighters will rematch on June 7 in Faber's hometown of Sacramento, Calif. In the first meeting, Brown, who was considered a fairly heavy underdog (despite an impressive resume with a number of quality wins), stopped Faber with a dominant first-round TKO. The loss snapped Faber's 13-fight winning streak, and it was his first-ever defeat in the WEC.

Avenging the loss could open all kinds of doors for Faber, and as a self-admitted fight junkie who sees MMA more a passion than profession, he wants to make the most of his time in the sport.

"I'm just about fighting," Faber said. "It's not about winning or losing. It's about doing what I love to do. I'm not about waiting around. I'll fight anyone."

While he thinks a drop to 135 pounds is quite possible, Faber knows he could have some difficulty with the sport's bigger 155-pounders.

"I was a 133-pounder all through college (wrestling)," said Faber, a former all-time wins leader and assistant wrestling coach at UC Davis. "That's probably my natural fighting weight. ... But I've been a world champion for a long time at 145 (pounds), and I feel comfortable there.

"It's no secret that I'm small for my weight class. I'm trying to put on weight. It's tough for me since I'm already up a weight class from where I was."

Regardless, don't expect Faber to dodge any challenges. And if Zuffa's promoting abilities can keep up with Faber's own matchmaking requests, expect some major bouts in the coming years in WEC or UFC.

For Faber, he wouldn't want it any other way.

"MMA is a lifestyle for me," Faber said. "If I'm not traveling, I'm at the gym, in my little neighborhood, loving life and having fun."

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder