**EC vs. Buna...EC Wins!!!!!!!**

Guest airitout123

Buna won't be bulldogs on the porch if there 2 stud pitchers keep throing in the mids 70's......once playoffs time comes that will get hit hard.....if they have arm problems hopefully they will get healthy and can pitch how they did last yr......

2 stud pitchers throwing in the mid 70's sounds like an oxymoron to me.

I am a Cougar Baseball fan and always will be! But I will say that if Buna dont get their act together soon, time will run out on us. We are no way as good as the team we was this time last year. I see us usually wait until about the 4th or 5th inning to start playing. Our top of the line up has struggled most of the year and the bottom usually carries us. We get picked off on base, and make too many errors in the field. If Terrier dont fix the problem and fix it soon he will not have the oppurtunity to blow a State game like he did last year because we will never make it that far. I know alot of people will disagree and that is fine. We will make the playoffs without a doubt but I'm now concerned with what we will do once we make them. Something has got to change and change quick. Good luck Cougars and lets get it together.

I am a Cougar Baseball fan and always will be! But I will say that if Buna dont get their act together soon, time will run out on us. We are no way as good as the team we was this time last year. I see us usually wait until about the 4th or 5th inning to start playing. Our top of the line up has struggled most of the year and the bottom usually carries us. We get picked off on base, and make too many errors in the field. If Terrier dont fix the problem and fix it soon he will not have the oppurtunity to blow a State game like he did last year because we will never make it that far. I know alot of people will disagree and that is fine. We will make the playoffs without a doubt but I'm now concerned with what we will do once we make them. Something has got to change and change quick. Good luck Cougars and lets get it together.

I guess you could count me in as a Cougar fan but they are Buna's team and we should stand behind them.  I agree that they are not playing with the same intensity that they played with last year. There is not a team in their district that is going to lay down and give them the game and they are the team to beat so every team will play their hardest against them. This team needs to step up and take charge and play as a team not as "THE STAR".  Last year they hardly ever made an error and this year errors are eating them up.  What happened to their defense?  As for offense they should just get base hits and the home runs will come when least expected.  If the seniors aren't leaders, they need to be, and show Buna and the rest of the district what they are really capable of doing.  There are no real stars on this team just GOOD players that can do better than they are doing now. Go Cougars!

Rice, If you are truly a cougar fan, a loyal one that is, you would never have posted this. Did it ever occur to you that the players and coaches have feelings?  I dont care if Buna ever wins another game in any sport, i will always be here backing them, and i would never call a coach out on a forum for a loss. He doesn't deserve that. I love coach Terrier and always will. He is an outstanding coach, and an even better person. He means a great deal to me. Without him we might not have got to Austin in the first place. Down 8-1 in the 6th inning, and he trusted us and didnt change a thing. had we lost that game you probably would be arguing that he should have done something different.  We never doubted him and he never doubted us. knowing how hard we worked and then you taking away from us and saying this makes me sick. We are a family in the dugout and it needs to stay that way. If you can't support OUR team...then please stay off this forum and dont bash MY coach. I would have done the same exact thing at state. I understand you wanting the cougars to get things rolling, but please understand this is exactly what the cougars do NOT need is someone bringing the team down by pointing a finger. If you put down MY coach...you put down ME and MY team. If you are going to blame someone for blowing the game in Austin, blame the players who struck out and made errors giving up runs. I was one of them.

i agree with the top rice. but the coogs will be fine. its still early.I do believe you oughta be punched right square in the mouth for your immature comment. As a player i find it hard to believe you're a fan.If you blame the team.... If you ever accomplish winning coach of the year, or have two outstanding years of baseball and re build a program, you will still have no right to make that statement. You obviously are a jealous man....From being on the field during the state game and going through the season, that comment just made me wanna spit..How can can a coach blow it when we as a team make a pile of errors..If you call yourself a buna fan i am down right embarrassed... Your no fan of ours after your kindergarten comment. You talk bad about the coach you talk to the team as well...Your no fan. As a great man once told me, we WILL practice monday!

Guest THE FAN

rice..if you are a true buna fan you wouldnt dare call out a coach on this thread or bash him. Coach t is a very near dear friend of mine and like a brother to me. We have a great friendship.  He knows what he is doing beause we wouldnt have got to state without his determination and leadership. I wouldn't have it any other way or played for anybody but coach t. He does nothing but give all his time and everything he's got for his players and has the utmost care for all of them. You cannot blame the errors in the game on him, cause if he could step up to the plate again believe me he would. These guys are just high schoolers and not perfect they make mistakes. We almost lost a close one to east chambers last year..so what we STILL went to state undefeated all the way there. We lost because of the players and all the mistakes we did. He had faith in hillin and that is what matters! Fella's hang in there cause i know ya'll have it in you, i know the talent in every one of you. As for Big Papa...you keep leading them on brother..i know you and you will have these boys ready for the play-offs.  "You probably spend more time with me practicing baseball than getting to be with your family, that makes us a family" .Cougar Baseball Pride! Go Buna!

your

I totally agree with THE FAN. You diss our coach and team you diss our whole town. The coaches, the players, and the fans ARE the BUNA COUGARS! Coach Terrier  is why Buna went to the playoffs, obviously he's doing something right. Think about it. A good team comes with a good coach. Coach T isn't on the field, the players are. Coach T doesn't give up the players do. From what i know about him, he's in it to win it. East Chambers was ready for us, there were a few questionable calls, but mostly there were a few players who went in the game thinking, were going to beat them, look at the score last time we played EC, so Buna didn't play as hard as they should have. Someone may disagree but that's what I'm seeing at every game. In my opinion, if the score is a few points higher why stop playing?..Why not score as many runs as you can?.. why not have it 20 to 0 in the fifth with that much talent?.. And Buna DOES! Look at all the homeruns. Come on guys think about it. Don't let them even have a chance to come back and score. We have an AWESOME coach and AWESOME players! I have faith in our coach and our team! We can do it, and we WILL do it. Good Luck tonight Cougars! O and Fans Keep up the spirit!!

Rice, if you are a real man, step up and tell us who you are!  Stop hiding behind the username.  We all know who each other is, except for you.  Didn't your momma tell you not to say anything if you didn't have anything nice to say?  Maybe your momma didn't love you enough....

FOR THE RECORD, Thanks alot RICE whoever you are, I can no longer wear my Rice cap thanks to your comments.  I have been a long time fan of Wayne Graham and no longer can support him because of you. PS THawk is an excellent coach and a good friend and I will always support him. 

Like terrier blew the state game last year? No one "blew" the state game. And especially not the coach. Wow. Coach t is one of the greatest people I've ever met and he's never even coached me, but I know he's an outstanding coach. Whoever you are you should be ashamed to show your face at the next game you attend "mr buna fan".

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics