Orange Crush 12U Collins/Worthy Win Again

Guest stircrazy

Guest BreakerCoach

This is flashback material to days of yesteryear.   ;D  ..Select ball players have been beating select ball wannabes for years by this score.  Nothing new here.  This is what seperates the haves from the have nots.  It's one loss, get over it.  My daughter pitched for a fall season, decided she better try another position.   :D

Someone said it best, someone may have chosen the wrong sport.  And in a qualifier give me a break, the victor did no wrong.

I just knew you would sniff this one out !    ;D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest osue200

Select ball players have been beating select ball wannabes for years by this score.

This is a classic.

Bag, 13, BC and myself.  Come on Blackwidow getcha some.  

Guest stircrazy

Whatever it takes to get my post numbers up.  Some of us spend more time on the field than we do on the computer.

Beat us, and THEN pop off...

I will bet you a a bunch that I do spend more time on the field than most that post on here . Probably spend more time on the field than I should. Next time out we might be in the same shoes but I can assure you if that happens WE will not be on here crying foul but we will learn something from it. We have developed a rivalry with several area teams and always have great games with them. We have won a few and lost a few but all have gotten better. This might could give YOU the motavion to get BETTER and beat us. It can happen.

Whatever it takes to get my post numbers up.  Some of us spend more time on the field than we do on the computer.

Beat us, and THEN pop off...

I will bet you a a bunch that I do spend more time on the field than most that post on here . Probably spend more time on the field than I should. Next time out we might be in the same shoes but I can assure you if that happens WE will not be on here crying foul but we will learn something from it. We have developed a rivalry with several area teams and always have great games with them. We have won a few and lost a few but all have gotten better. This might could give YOU the motavion to get BETTER and beat us. It can happen.

Time to set the record straight, at least from where I am.  All I did was post a question and topic for thought, and all of you start taking your jabs at me.  I preach domination, and I breath aggressiveness.  Sending a girl sliding home on a passed ball with the score 20-0, granted, is aggressive, and it is also stupid.  My daughter's career ended at 15 with a broken foot in a similar situation.  I guess you could say I learned from that.  And I've learned that you have to have a minimum number of posts on here before you are allowed to know what you are talking about.  I never cried foul, but I will add that I'm glad the round-robins are over so we can now have official scores, and you can't just SAY you beat somebody.

It happens.  It is a select tournament, you can't expect the girls to get out on purpose.

Wow, This is a tough one !

Yes, you can expect the girls to do this ! And it is usually my first inclination to do it. But here is the issue, too many are going select that are not ready yet and then want sympathy, cant always have your cake and eat it too.

But whenever anyone is kicking my a$$ NEVER GIVE ME SYMPATHY OUTS ! Sorry I got too much pride for sympathy !  ;D

Just call "Time Out" and have your batter look over at BC and give him a great big ol' smile as umpire says "Times up, Ball Game."    ;) ;D ;D

Guest BreakerCoach

It happens.  It is a select tournament, you can't expect the girls to get out on purpose.

Yes, you can expect the girls to do this ! And it is usually my first inclination to do it. But here is the issue, too many are going select that are not ready yet and then want sympathy, cant always have your cake and eat it too.

But whenever anyone is kicking my a$$ NEVER GIVE ME SYMPATHY OUTS ! Sorry I got too much pride for sympathy !  ;D

Just call "Time Out" and have your batter look over at BC and give him a great big ol' smile as umpire says "Times up, Ball Game."     ;) ;D ;D

LOL It was a classic ! You little $hit ! I remember giving some little munchkin sympathy outs a few years back and he went ballistic and screamed at me too run it up !  ;D

Just call "Time Out" and have your batter look over at BC and give him a great big ol' smile as umpire says "Times up, Ball Game."     ;) ;D ;D

LOL It was a classic ! You little $hit ! I remember giving some little munchkin sympathy outs a few years back and he went ballistic and screamed at me too run it up !  ;D

Nothing makes a team better and stronger than getting a good old fashion a$$ whipping every now and then.

The next game for said team was against Crush (Shugart) the '97 team and the final was 18-2 (Crush). We were not trying to run up the score. We had only one pitcher and once we got up we wanted to try to end early to give her some rest. We were actually planning on leaving runners early to get out of the inning if necessary, but sometimes that sends the wrong message as well. Fine line.

I was the coach on third that game. That was a bracket game in a USFA qualifying tournament.

I will not apologize for our team winning any game. I'm sure there are lots of teams out there that

would love to beat us 20-0. They get their chance every time they step on the field with us.

You have just as much time to practice as we do! Like it was said before, it's called select ball for a

reason. Your girls had to work for those outs and I'm sure that they learned something from that.

My suggestion would be to practice your pitching everyday and / or warm up another pitcher earlier

when your in a game like that. The score was 17-0.

Guest osue200

It happens. It is a select tournament, you can't expect the girls to get out on purpose.

But whenever anyone is kicking my a$$ NEVER GIVE ME SYMPATHY OUTS ! Sorry I got too much pride for sympathy ! ;D

Just call "Time Out" and have your batter look over at BC and give him a great big ol' smile as umpire says "Times up, Ball Game." ;) ;D ;D

LOL It was a classic ! You little $hit ! I remember giving some little munchkin sympathy outs a few years back and he went ballistic and screamed at me too run it up ! ;D

Oh yeah I remember that. CC sitting on the bucket in first base dugout and BC had a runner at 3rd leave the base early and CC jumped up saying OH NO RUN IT UP, JUST RUN IT UP! ;D

Guest osue200

I was the coach on third that game. That was a bracket game in a USFA qualifying tournament.

I will not apologize for our team winning any game. I'm sure there are lots of teams out there that

would love to beat us 20-0. They get their chance every time they step on the field with us.

You have just as much time to practice as we do! Like it was said before, it's called select ball for a

reason. Your girls had to work for those outs and I'm sure that they learned something from that.

My suggestion would be to practice your pitching everyday and / or warm up another pitcher earlier

Does the same run rule apply in 12U.  15 runs after 3 innings.  If so, It seems pretty respectable. 

Oh yeah I remember that.  CC sitting on the bucket in first base dugout and BC had a runnerat 3rd leave the base early and CC jumped up saying OH NO RUN IT UP, JUST RUN IT UP! ;D

I would rather take a butt whipping than have the other team stepping off the bases early for outs. Sorry but to me thats more humiliating !

Guest BreakerCoach

Oh yeah I remember that.  CC sitting on the bucket in first base dugout and BC had a runnerat 3rd leave the base early and CC jumped up saying OH NO RUN IT UP, JUST RUN IT UP! ;D

I would rather take a butt whipping than have the other team stepping off the bases early for outs. Sorry but to me thats more humiliating !

No Doubt !

Look what happens when J. Collins has to work and leave his team with cats89 and stircrazy.  :) :) :)

Guest BreakerCoach

Looks what happens when J. Collins has to work and leave his team with cats89 and stircrazy.  :) :) :)

Dont know about cats89, But STIR !  :o :o    ;D

What was crack zipper thinking !  ;D

I know the team got a butt whipping and rightfully so.  I have no problem with that.  I know the lessons learned, blah, blah, blah.  The problem I had was the fact of stealing bases and home on passed balls was extremely catty, in-your-face, what ever you want to call it.  The score would have been the same anyway, the girl is a VERY young pitcher that got put in because of an injury and walked 99% of the batters she faced.  No amount of batting from the left or whatever would have changed that.  I have no problem with a team getting beaten 17-0, 18-2, or 2-0, it was the WAY it was done that I have a problem with.  Again, JMO

Anyway, I'm done with it.  No big deal.

Guest 11/13Dad

I know the team got a butt whipping and rightfully so.  I have no problem with that.  I know the lessons learned, blah, blah, blah.  The problem I had was the fact of stealing bases and home on passed balls was extremely catty, in-your-face, what ever you want to call it.  The score would have been the same anyway, the girl is a VERY young pitcher that got put in because of an injury and walked 99% of the batters she faced.  No amount of batting from the left or whatever would have changed that.  I have no problem with a team getting beaten 17-0, 18-2, or 2-0, it was the WAY it was done that I have a problem with.  Again, JMO

Anyway, I'm done with it.  No big deal.

Your name says it all.  Select ball is not all-stars.  Like I said in my only post here, my kid pitched for a fall season and quit after that.  Pitching is not for everyone. Mental fortitude, strong work ethic, patient parents and a large bankroll are needed.  The game was a BRACKET GAME, get over it.  That is why people are repeating themselves, your reference to blah, blah, blah; you just don't get it.

Does the same run rule apply in 12U.  15 runs after 3 innings.  If so, It seems pretty respectable. 

In USAF it is 12/3--10/4--8/5--6/6 and of course 1/7.

Guest BreakerCoach

In USAF it is 12/3--10/4--8/5--6/6 and of course 1/7.

LMAO ! 1/7, That was a good !  ;D

;D

I was at the tournament in Westlake and also at the game in question.  The Crush played an Awesome game.  I thought the coaches did a great job.  You can tell that they as well as their players have class and pride.  The girls work hard and deserve the win!!  Congrats to all!!!! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami