Beaumont Enterprise Super Gold Team

Guest sports girl

Soccerfreak asked where you can find this list. I have looked all over and can not find it. Would someone mind posting it?

I've tried to stay off the boards concerning high school stuff because I didn't want to come off as self-righteous or whiney, and because I can't fix stupid, but I'd like to weigh in on this Super Gold junk.  Get ready for a lot of self-righteous whining:

Mr. Clark called me and asked for my opinion.  I told him that from what I saw there were few kids who absolutely should NOT be left off.  #1 Scott Poole was the best player in this area, in my opinion.  His combination of size, athleticism, skill, and determination hasn't been seen in this area in along time.  #2  If Travis Greenway didn't make the team, it would be a joke.  #3  Nathan Stockey was the best Keeper I saw this year.  I told him that I would go to bat for Vidrine since he was my guy, and Shexnider shut us out and was an incredible athlete, but if I'm being objective, Nathan was the best I saw this year.

As to our team's lack of 1st Team members, either Jordan Landry is one heckuva player, or something is wrong.  We were Undefeated District Champions.  Our record against local opponents was 13 wins 2 ties and ZERO LOSSES.  In those 15 games we surrendered 3 TOTAL GOALS.  TOTAL!

Coach L, I know you're on here a bit.  You guys were argueably the best team in the area.  And I'm not blaming you at all, but just to get some perspective, how would you have felt if you had gotten only 1 player on the First Team while others you beat or finished ahead of in district received 2 or 3?

I guess next year we're just going to have to do a little more to impress Mr. Clark...

as most of you know I am already a little whiney  :o :o

but i would be just as upset as shark and bon mot if we would have been under-represented on the SuperGold Team. I can totally see where you are coming from. Two very very good teams with loads of talent. I myslef did not get to see Kelly play this year but as for Nederland they gave us all we could handle and were as BonMot said UNDEFEATED which in that district is not an easy task.  I think Mr. Clark is trying to get more exposure for soccer by the enterprise (and we thank him) but I also feel there should be a little more involved in the process than just one man's opinion. Maybe even something like form a commitee to do the selections. Im just brainstorming here but maybe a few sports writers from the enterprise and possibly a coach from each district we r represented by (37, 38, Kelly and the 5As) would esnsure the deserving players make the list.

For those of us who do not subscribe to the Beaumont Enterprise, Is it too much trouble for somebody to type out the list ?!?!?!?!  ::)

I think others have already requested a web site or asked about who is on the list;  but no assistance was provided.

Thank you in advance for your assistance in this situation.

Boys Super Gold Team

MVP - Taylor Granato

1st Team

Goalie

Caleb Schnexnider - Lumberton

Defenders

Jacob Grant - Vidor

Jordan Landry - Nederland

Aaron Long - West Brook

Midfielders

Alex Rios - West Brook

Scott Poole - Lumberton (also listed as forward/mid)

Greg Flores - PN-G

Forward

Travis Greenway - Vidor (also Listed as mid/forward)

Jacob Fairchild - West Brook

Ian Littlepage - Silsbee

Coach of the Year

Rui Correia - Vidor

Girls Super Gold Team

MVP - Michelle Sladaritz - West Brook

1st Team

Goalkeeper

Breanne Martin - PN-G

Defenders

Lauren Washburn - Nederland

Randi Paine - Lumberton

Brittany Jeanis - West Brook

Midfielders

Emily Hughes - LC-M ( listed as mid/defender)

Jacie Bell - Nederland

Natalie Hager - PN-G (listed as mid/forward)

Forwards

Megan Melancon - Nederland (listed as forward/midfielder)

Chloe Chaisson - PN-G

Kaitlyn Stowe - Lumberton

Coach of the Year

Jason Hopson - Lumberton

2nd teams boys and girls to follow soon

Boys Super Gold Team

2nd Team

West Brook

Sam Gurski

Nederland

Ryan Washburn

Tyler Vidrine

PN-G

Austin Angelle

Brady Martin

LC-M

T.C. Scalfano

Vance Foster

Lumberton

Mark Murrill

Garrett Duhon

Wes Brackin

Memorial

Saul Carillo

Vidor

Victor Ortega

Alec Johnson

Jasper

Alex Guardian

Anthony Martinez

Silsbee

Matt Deaver

Ty Russell

Austin Barnes

H-J

Alex West

John Boles

Jake Moses

Kelly

Nathan Stockie

Girls Super Gold Team

2nd Team

Nederland                                    Lumberton                              H-J

Bianca Garza                                Kaitlyn Peavey                        Bailey Fontenot   

Lindsey Bombek                            Kaylee Begeman                      Kacy Shaffer

Layken Richard                            Alex Mitchell                          Blake McGlaun

Nancy Alvarez

West Brook                                  Jasper                                  PN-G

Nina Hernandez                          Charlotte O'Brien                      Alex Smithy             

Catherine Florese                        Morgan Marx                            Chelsea Horn

Bailey Goins                                                                            Brandy Guidry

Kelly                                          Memorial                                Silsbee

Claire Dykeman                            Amanda Zamora                        Mary Maina

Yasmine Afshar                                                                        Tori Waters

Madeline Horning                    Vidor                                            Heather Skinner

Heather Crawford

If I mispelled any names (boys or girls) or listed someone from the wrong school I apologize. I took the information straight from the article.

I see many fine players on these lists. Congratulations to all of them. As with any exclusive selection in any sport, there is always going to be some disagreement. If these discussions help generate more interest in area soccer, then that is a positive.

In all fairness to Mr. Clark, he covers a number of sports and soccer is not the top of the Bmt. Enterprise's focus. He is undoubtedly spread thin and could not possibly have seen all these teams play. And, even if he did, it was probably a single game or very few. I am sure there are other players who are not on the team or honorable mention for whom a comparison could be made or a position taken that they should be listed. He tried to do the best he could. In my limited experience, perception of a player's abilities often varies depending on the observer's perspective.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• To clarify, Dems love wars. They rage daily in the bluest of blue inner citicis. Chicago had 39 shootings over the weekend, 9 dead. Warzone. Baltimore, Memphis, Detroit, etc. I am sure was just as bloody. The blue body count rises daily. I am sure the blue defunding of police and releasing murders without any bail have nothing to do with it. Right?   
    • Will probably be released by the Democrats come September.  Sound familiar?
    • Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
  • Topics