Player from Shepherd ok?

Guest etbu

Guest rambleonus

Heard tonight that a player from Shepherd was stuck in the face by a pitch. Hope he is OK and if anyone knows please post. Thanks

What did he get Stuck with?

Nice.  >:(

A story was told about a district game in 19-4A where the game went south when a batter got plunked and this started a battle of which the umpires allowed the opposing team to pitch up and in. Any high school pitcher may be allowed to slip once! But if it happens again he and that coach should be tossed. Throwing up and in and actually hit the opposing pitcher in the head ?  My kid best not be on either end of this exchange, its just not right and our umps should have zero tolerance for this poor sportsmanship!

Umps should have zero tolerance for ANY poor sportsmanship not just the pitch up and in. As far as I am concerned there is no place for it period and it starts with the parents teaching respect so players learn the proper way to conduct themselves. When parents and coaches alike disrespect the umps at a game they are teaching the wrong thing to the players.

This was a complete accident.  I was at the game scouting and saw the whole thing.  Huffmans pitcher had a no Hitter going and was pitching well then one got away from him.  The kid that was hit was 0-2 I believe with 2 K's, which tells me it was an accident.  I hope that he is OK as well.

Umps should have zero tolerance for ANY poor sportsmanship not just the pitch up and in. As far as I am concerned there is no place for it period and it starts with the parents teaching respect so players learn the proper way to conduct themselves. When parents and coaches alike disrespect the umps at a game they are teaching the wrong thing to the players.

i've been there and to many umps take it personal  when a parent complains about a call

I was an ump for 11 years and only had to toss 2 people from a game

one was making it personal by cursing out load at me and everyone  around me

and the other was when a coach grabbed a little girl and screamed at her and shook her on the field (i called the cops on this one)

the guy said shes my daughter ill do what i want .                     so after all was done he was no longer a coach.

[glow=red,2,300][glow=red,2,300]i pray the kid is ok and has no lasting effects from this[/glow][/glow]

He was here today, and told me that he had no broken bones in face or anything.  ;)

Thanks for the update and please pas along to him our best. Many from Huffman were very concerned and glad all is well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124