J'Covan Brown

On Orangebloods.com it said a while back that he was still trying to get into Texas, I know he moved to Houston or commuted and worked out with John Lucas, but that didn't last very long.

He needs to go to some school... I'd be fine with Roc taking a chance on him, he'd be worth it. The guy has serious talent.

So he really has no plans for himself DickieV?

Guest DickVitale

Still saying and I quote, "I'm going to UT". Sad. If you are not eligible in August 2008, nor in January 2009, without attending ANY type of school, how do you become eligible for August 2009? Mislead, misguided, or disillusioned....Which one is it?

Guest coachacola

Wonder if he could go straight NBA?

I think it's rather stupid to have a rule to keep players from being drafted out of high school.

You can go straight to the NBA from high school.  Isn't the NFL the only league that doesn't draft high school players?

Well you can, but there's an age minimum of being 19.

But no, I don't think he was NBA talent last year, at least out of high school.

Are you sure? Last year's rookies had several grade exceptions who were about 19 when they finished high school. O.J. Mayo may have been a grade exception coming out of high school.

Guest DickVitale

HOLD ON...He is definitely an NBA talent...Now does he have the tools to go with it between the ears? I would have to say no at this time. But the guy HAS pro talent, no question. He would have to play point guard at that level and while he has the skills and body type, everything else is just not in place right now.

Now the kid is good enough for the NBA and he can't even get into a junior college much less a 4 year college!!!!!! :D :D :D  Not laughing at the kid............laughing at some of the nonsense that gets posted on this board!!!!!!!!!!

I know one thing the longer a person sits out in situation like this; it isn't good.

I heard that he was contemplating going overseas. Not sure he could handle it. He really needs to get academic help, not Jon Lucas basketball help. Hate to see a kid waste an opportunity because the people around him have handled him with kit gloves and not been real and stern with him over the years. I think because of that he just doesn't get it and thinks it will work itself out because he can play.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont