WOS-35 LCM-14 Final/Latest On Driver

KFDM COOP

Yes, it was a substitute whose husband was somehow employed by LC. She was not "from" WO-S. Instead of turning it in to the UIL or WO-S, it was reported to the then-super at LC-M. Instead of reporting it immediately, they sat on it for five weeks so that we would forfeit six games instead of one. Classic.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LC-M's Driver out, but OK

Little Cypress-Mauriceville quarterback President Driver will be out of the Bears lineup indefinitely, but more importantly, he's out of danger after a scary moment on Friday night.

Advertisement

Driver, who lost feeling in his arms and legs after a hit in the Bears game against West Orange-Stark, was released from the hospital on Sunday. According to LC-M coach Todd Moody, the feeling in Driver's extremities returned by late Friday night, and he has no broken bones.

"We are very thankful," Moody said.

Driver will be out of action for two weeks and then reevaluated, Moody said.

Driver was hit by a West Orange-Stark defender as he released a screen pass on the first play of the fourth quarter last Friday night. He lost feeling in his arms and legs and was taken off the field on a stretcher.

Would you believe that a paramedic on the chopper told President Driver that he would never walk again ! I know this because Driver told me himself Sunday night after he was released. I would love to PUNCH that guy in the face !

Maybe he said it and maybe he didn't. Having dealt with witnesses a few thousand times in my life and career (and in very stressful situations)' date=' sometimes things are not as reported and it does not have to do with the witness lying. You can have three people witness something at the same time and same place and report three different versions of an incident, including statements that they heard.

What if the paramedic, in response to a request for a prognosis, said something like, "there is always the possibility that [b']you will never walk again but you will probably be okay". All that Driver heard was "you will never walk again". Those exact words would have been spoken. It just happens that it was not the entire statement and it was taken out of context. A kid is strapped down on a stretcher, in pain and scared to death and all he heard is the “never walk again†part. He isn't lying about what he heard, he just didn't hear the whole statement. You could probably never convince him that he didn't hear it that way. Would you blame Driver if that is all that he heard? But also, would you blame the paramedic without knowing exactly what was said?

I am not a medic, I do not know any of them personally and I have no idea who the medic on the chopper was, so I am not defending their profession or his potential actions. I do know that under stress, we hear or see things that are easily taken out of context and misreported. I would think of that possibility before getting too twisted about an incident that may not have occurred at all.

The LCM asst. trainer was right there with them and told Driver not to pay attention to the paramedic, that he was not a doctor !

No matter what the situation or how you think Driver may have interpreted his comments. The paramedic was WRONG to say anything even close to what he said ! He should have had only words of comfort.

How would you feel if someone told your 16 year old they he would probably never walk again ? All this while he is strapped in a chopper traveling over 150mph on the way to the hospital !

Like I said....... I would like to punch that guy in the mouth !

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami