Basketball recruit

This is the hidden content, please

Am I correct that Roccaforte did not announce recruiting class (early signees)?  This report from Baytown SUN says that C J Busby from Kountze (played last 2 years at Lee College) signed in the fall with Lamar.  Remember the name from HS, but can he add any scoring to the small forward position?

Guest abovetherim

Yep, you are correct in Coach Roc did not announce the fall signing class. I am not sure Busby is the answer at the SF position. Lee College wasn't too good this season.

Seems like he might be an outside threat though.

I really love how Ashton was playing the second half of the season, even though he sprained his knee about 10 times.

Guest DickVitale

Just another local player that Roc is trying to get.  Not sure if he is the answer though.  Hope so............maybe DickVitale can give us some insight on this player since his team played them just a few weeks ago.

Yes Sir! Thats a pretty good pick up for them....He can shoot the lights out! However, thats ALL he wants to do is shoot the three..Long, rangy kid, that can help them he they make him do more than just shoot.

• 2 weeks later...

Just another local player that Roc is trying to get.  Not sure if he is the answer though.  Hope so............maybe DickVitale can give us some insight on this player since his team played them just a few weeks ago.

Yes Sir! Thats a pretty good pick up for them....He can shoot the lights out! However, thats ALL he wants to do is shoot the three..Long, rangy kid, that can help them he they make him do more than just shoot.

It really takes a special person to be able to shoot the ball and not worry about being labeled a ball hog

Guest DickVitale

It really takes a special person to be able to shoot the ball and not worry about being labeled a ball hog

You talking about me?? 8).....I was one of those special players!!! I didnt care either way...My job was to SHOOT IT and ask questions later!! :D :D

You talking about me?? 8).....I was one of those special players!!! I didnt care either way...My job was to SHOOT IT and ask questions later!! :D :D

Interesting, I was thinking about you when I was writing this thread. Yep Dickie, I saw you in one high school game and I must say, you have that special talent of shooting the ball first and looking for the open man afterwards :D But seriously, it really does take a special talent to have that frame of mind. I run into a lot of kids who are too afraid to make a mistake or worry what the coach will think if he misses.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont