Affliction 3

If he keeps improving like he is chiek kongo could be a force to be reckoned with in the very near future...and baseball ppl fight at weights lower than their own natural weight to gain a strength advantage nobody in any weight class of any organization fights at what they walk around at...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest baseball25

I never said they did.....I said they walk around 20 pounds over the weight they fight at...so if you fight at 205 they usually walk around 225....if you fight at 185 they walk around at 205.....Thats why i said it was easy for anderson silva to make 205 that one fight becasue he walks around 215 and thats why dana wants him to fight at 205 again becasue it was easy for him...I never said that if they walk around 230 that means they fight at that weight....but you know randy coutore weight 220 to 225 for heavyweight and he said he could drop down easy to make 205 if the fight was a interested one...

If he keeps improving like he is chiek kongo could be a force to be reckoned with in the very near future...and baseball ppl fight at weights lower than their own natural weight to gain a strength advantage nobody in any weight class of any organization fights at what they walk around at...

kongo shows signs of potential....but he hasnt really fought anybody. hes beaten a worn down mirko cro cop and lost to heath herring but thats the best of his competitiion thus far. i say put him in the cage with gabe gonzaga and lets see where he stands. with the weak division hes in i think he quite possibly could be the UFC heavyweight champ in the forseeable future...but still no challenge for an arlovski, barnet, or FEDOR. ufc just cant hang with Afflictions heavyweights.

Chazz,

If affliction is not profitable soon they will need to fold.. They signed these folks to huge contracts that they could not afford.    I like affliction but it has a 70% chance of failure.    So those heavyweights will most likely become ufc heavyweights...

I just dont see Fedor ever going to the UFC or Barnett ever going back.... I totally believe the toughest HW's in the world DO NOT fight in the UFC.

I wish for the sake of the sport that the UFC swingers would understand that though the UFC is in the spotlight the most its not the end all be all of MMA.

There are soooo many fighters in the world that are head and shoulders above any fighter in the UFC with the exception of St.Pierre.

Also, did anyone catch K1 from Japan live on HDNETS this past weekend? Lebanner,Bojansky,Overeem,Schilt,Manhoef(sp?), and a few others fought under K1 rules, but all these fighters fight MMA as well.

Yes I did watch K1.. They had some pretty exciting fights... I am really looking forward to the upcoming Dream 8...  I am a huge fan of Aoki.                              Also Strikeforce looks to have a great card..  I am no ufc nuthugger... i just think affliction ran a really really crappy business model.. .  throw a ton of money at it and hope it works (kinda like our new prez)...    But Strikeforce seems to have a good business model and some good fighters and will do well.. Other than those 3 orgs there are really no other good MMA organizations in the world... and none of those have the size and fan base as UFC/WEC.

Chazz,

If affliction is not profitable soon they will need to fold.. They signed these folks to huge contracts that they could not afford.    I like affliction but it has a 70% chance of failure.    So those heavyweights will most likely become ufc heavyweights...

This is the hidden content, please

affliction isnt going under....atleast not any time soon. the last ppv had a significant increase in buys than the first. and as for joining the ufc....alot of them are former ufc fighters that chose to leave or were let go. im sure some would re-sign but most would go elsewhere. just because this next fight card is on basic cable doesnt necessicerily mean they are gonna fold soon.....its taking a stab at UFC. you have UFC 100 on ppv for $50 bucks and Affliction 3 on basic cable for free.....what do you watch? yeah UFC is gonna have the better card, but affliction is free. its really a tough call.

Chazz, they had less than 100k buys for their ppv..  That is not that good.. They are trying to restructure all the fighters contracts because they cannot afford to put it on. And I will do what most people are going to do... I will DVR affliction and watch the UFC live.    I also do know that just because their next show will not be on ppv does not know they are going to fold.. you just have to look. They have a very small talent pool and they are very highly paid folks.    Affliction will not do well to challenge the ufc.    Affliction put their undercard on FSN once and and HDNET the next time and the old replays of the UFC on spike still out did those in ratings by a wide margin.. Just because it is free does not mean more folks will tune in.

Chazz, they had less than 100k buys for their ppv..  That is not that good.. They are trying to restructure all the fighters contracts because they cannot afford to put it on. And I will do what most people are going to do... I will DVR affliction and watch the UFC live.    I also do know that just because their next show will not be on ppv does not know they are going to fold.. you just have to look. They have a very small talent pool and they are very highly paid folks.    Affliction will not do well to challenge the ufc.     Affliction put their undercard on FSN once and and HDNET the next time and the old replays of the UFC on spike still out did those in ratings by a wide margin.. Just because it is free does not mean more folks will tune in.

i never said it was good.....i said it was better than the first.....the 2nd show doubled the 1st show. Again as i said earlier, they have arguably one of the best heavyweight divisions in mma...in my opinion the best. they have 3 of the top 4 mmaweekly.com ranked HW's and 4 of the top 7. id say thats pretty dang good. as far as the rest of their talent....its pretty much non-existant. the site i posted has the affliction owner quoting that trump and goldenboy have their back and they arent going down easy. the sole reason they put this next event on cable was to shove it in dana whites face....sure ufc might have more than their normal buys, but i bet affliction has a higher rating. and ofcourse the old ufc replays get higher ratings than an UNDERCARD....nobody cares about the undercard except hardcore fight fans, like myself....but theyd still prefer to see names they know.

Guest baseball25

EVERYONE WILL BE WATCHING LESNAR vs MIR..........then people will just DVR affliction......if dana white wanted Barnett,pitbull, and some other guys in the UFC he would bring them back but no reason too.....He has 3 young heavyweights on the rise...anbd WORD to the WISE I have a very good source that told me AFFLICTION isn't doing to well and it could tank..now if they were smart have Fedor vs Barnett on free tv but word has it there not making that fight they will put fedor up against a nobody..

With multiple rumors circulating regarding Affliction's immediate future, two-time organization veteran Josh Barnett (24-5) insists he doesn't yet know what his own future holds.

"I've heard nothing, I know nothing, I see nothing," Barnett said while a substitute co-host on the most recent edition of HDNet's "Inside MMA."

Barnett has been linked to a possible showdown with WAMMA heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko (29-1) - or maybe not - at a possible July 11, head-to-head showdown with UFC 100 - or maybe not.

While Barnett wouldn't comment as to a possible date for the show, "The Babyfaced Assassin" simply stated he was ready to take on all comers. The 31-year-old did hedge for a bout with Emelianenko, suggested that it was both the most logical contest for him to take and the bout that fans were most ready to see.

"What it comes down to is that I don't have a bout agreement to fight anybody in particular," Barnett said. "This is coming up on my third fight for Affliction, with the logical idea that it would lead up to [a fight with Emelianenko]. But as it sits, I'm sitting on my last fight and I'm just waiting for an opponent to show themselves.

"Whoever is available, I'll take them, but I know the fans are really hot to see me fight Fedor. It just hasn't been put together."

While Barnett would seem a certainty to be on the card for Affliction's third event, regardless of opponent, the date of the event is still a major point of contention for many MMA observers and analysts.

As for the possibility of going head to head to with the UFC's centennial event, "Inside MMA' host Kenny Rice quickly offered his take on the situation.

"Here's my unsolicited comment for those putting Affliction 3 together: There's about nine months left to go in this year. I think I would avoid the UFC 100 head-to-head card."

Affliction Vice President Tom Atencio recently told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) he believes the date could work, but that is was far from a done deal.

"I think it could work," Atencio said. "I really do.

"(But) I haven't finalized [the date. Scheduling an event for July 11] is a thought in the back of my head, but whether it's going to happen or not is a different story."

For continued coverage of both Affliction's third event, as well as UFC 100, stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

EVERYONE WILL BE WATCHING LESNAR vs MIR..........then people will just DVR affliction......if dana white wanted Barnett,pitbull, and some other guys in the UFC he would bring them back but no reason too.....He has 3 young heavyweights on the rise...anbd WORD to the WISE I have a very good source that told me AFFLICTION isn't doing to well and it could tank..now if they were smart have Fedor vs Barnett on free tv but word has it there not making that fight they will put fedor up against a nobody..

With multiple rumors circulating regarding Affliction's immediate future, two-time organization veteran Josh Barnett (24-5) insists he doesn't yet know what his own future holds.

"I've heard nothing, I know nothing, I see nothing," Barnett said while a substitute co-host on the most recent edition of HDNet's "Inside MMA."

Barnett has been linked to a possible showdown with WAMMA heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko (29-1) - or maybe not - at a possible July 11, head-to-head showdown with UFC 100 - or maybe not.

While Barnett wouldn't comment as to a possible date for the show, "The Babyfaced Assassin" simply stated he was ready to take on all comers. The 31-year-old did hedge for a bout with Emelianenko, suggested that it was both the most logical contest for him to take and the bout that fans were most ready to see.

"What it comes down to is that I don't have a bout agreement to fight anybody in particular," Barnett said. "This is coming up on my third fight for Affliction, with the logical idea that it would lead up to [a fight with Emelianenko]. But as it sits, I'm sitting on my last fight and I'm just waiting for an opponent to show themselves.

"Whoever is available, I'll take them, but I know the fans are really hot to see me fight Fedor. It just hasn't been put together."

While Barnett would seem a certainty to be on the card for Affliction's third event, regardless of opponent, the date of the event is still a major point of contention for many MMA observers and analysts.

As for the possibility of going head to head to with the UFC's centennial event, "Inside MMA' host Kenny Rice quickly offered his take on the situation.

"Here's my unsolicited comment for those putting Affliction 3 together: There's about nine months left to go in this year. I think I would avoid the UFC 100 head-to-head card."

Affliction Vice President Tom Atencio recently told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) he believes the date could work, but that is was far from a done deal.

"I think it could work," Atencio said. "I really do.

"(But) I haven't finalized [the date. Scheduling an event for July 11] is a thought in the back of my head, but whether it's going to happen or not is a different story."

For continued coverage of both Affliction's third event, as well as UFC 100, stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

not everybody has dvr pal

Guest baseball25

well i guess thats there problem.....affliction would be dumb to try and go up against lesnar vs mir card....flat out stupidity....common sense shows that there struggling they have done 2 cards in a yr lol...its not ran to well...

Guest baseball25

also mayweather might make is comebacxk on july 11tj so affliction would really be dumb to try to matchup with mayweather and ufc....bec mayweather will more than likely be free onm hbo...or  hopkins if he gets is head on straight will make the fight with adamek on july 11th so affliction better be smart about it.....

not my fault your on the ufc bandwagon. your prolly a huge gsp fan too because hes good. i cant stand the guy and hope he loses every fight. i was jumping up and down when matt serra beat him 2 years ago....and i dont like matt serra either. prolly dont watch wec either. just ufc because of the name.

Guest baseball25

i watched both afflictions...never missed a ufc pview or fightnight....i watch all wec events....watched all the elite x c....i watch all organizations...ufc is just the best...every other organization is like minor leagues....everyone would love to be in the ufc  thats there goal....if i was fedor i would want to be in the ufc to fight for the best organization out there....but he fights fo the money no for the love of the fight game      hes fighting for a c level organization go fight for the a level one and thats ufc....i been to affliction live in cali and ufc live  so i just dont like one organization i like both  but affliction isnt ran to well...make fights that people want to see....have fedor.barnett.babulu.tito.pitbull. and all those guys on july 11th  then u might get people to watch it but dont have fedor fight a tomato can like they want to do.

i watched both afflictions...never missed a ufc pview or fightnight....i watch all wec events....watched all the elite x c....i watch all organizations...ufc is just the best...every other organization is like minor leagues....everyone would love to be in the ufc  thats there goal....if i was fedor i would want to be in the ufc to fight for the best organization out there....but he fights fo the money no for the love of the fight game      hes fighting for a c level organization go fight for the a level one and thats ufc....i been to affliction live in cali and ufc live  so i just dont like one organization i like both  but affliction isnt ran to well...make fights that people want to see....have fedor.barnett.babulu.tito.pitbull. and all those guys on july 11th  then u might get people to watch it but dont have fedor fight a tomato can like they want to do.

i agree with some of what you said but im going to have to disagree with ufc being the best. they absolutely DO NOT have the best fighters in the world, maybe the US but not the world. they are the most well known mma company in the states because the majority of the mma fans here are very closed minded and dont want to look elsewhere. pride,elite xc,dream,k1,etc,etc is not the minors compared to the ufc! i could name 20 guys that could take any belt from anyone in any weight division in the ufc.

as for fedor, everything ive seen and read about him points to him being a very quite,humble,down to earth person who doesnt fight just for the money. the man enters numerous tournaments yearly that he doesnt see a dime from. like him or not hes the best fighter in the world,hands down and i dont see why he has to prove anything to anyone by fighting lesnar. take a look at the mans record and who hes fought in their prime! its a whos who of mma a$$ kickers!

Guest baseball25

well just go look at the pound for pound rankings and see how many fighers from the UFC have and that proves my point...

they have the best fighters in the world.......Fedor is  A BEST but fighting only 2 times in 2 years not going to get it done...and if it wasn't about the money then why did he only fight 2 fights in 2 years...Like i said he is the best heavyweight out there but you need to fight more than 1 fight a year....anderson silva has fought 6 fights in 2 years bout to be his 7th...same for GSP, FORREST GRIFFIN 7 FIGHTS in 2 years, same goes for Rashad...FEDOR needs to pick of the pace

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AsTrjUT1kUcKXaiGYLXcC6s9Eo14?slug=dd-mmarankings031209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/pgStory?contentId=9211562#sport=MMA/Boxing&photo=9209310

http://www.mmaringreport.com/mma-rankings/mma-pound-for-pound-rankings/2.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/columns/story?id=3885250

Guest baseball25

its funny u name elite x c and pride when those organizations no longer exist lol bec they were the minor leagues of mma.....pride was bought out from the ufc lol...k1 lol come on now...name 20 guys for me i would like for you too....i mean ufc already let werdum.pitbull.and slyvia bec they were boring in the ufc...cro crop sucked it up and nogeria has looking horrible in his fights....ufc is the nfl.mlb.nba of the fight game..other organizations are the nba developmental league.minor league baseball. canadian football league....thats what they are..

baseball, i again agree with part of what you say but i cant buy into the ufc being the best in the world. they are by far the biggest and best in the states, no doubt ! but... if affliction continues to put on shows with stacked cards the ufc just might have legit competition, MAYBE. i too buy the all of ppv's and it gets old MAYBE seeing 2 good fights and the rest being diluted,tuf, sub par fighters. you talk about other mma companys putting on fights fans want to see... the ufc falls short in this category and so far affliction is right on the mark!  i will still say pride(could) and k1 can rival the ufc with WORLD recognition... when the ufc can pack the tokyo dome or any other dome for that matter with 40k-60k we can talk about popularity. like i said in the states its all ufc but the states dont control everything mma...

Heres your 20, make it 25...I know we'll disagree but thats the fun part.

Also I dont put to much faith in anything Fox news or ESPN has to say about mma, because it wasnt too long ago they were laughing and down playing this as a legit sport.

Fedor

Barnett

Yvel

Overeem

Schilt

Lebanner

Rogers

Alek Emelianenko

Mousasi

Okami

Lawler

Filho

Trigg

Miller

Belfort

Babalu

Cung Le

Lindland

Manhoef

Hansen

Alvarez

Aoki

Thomson

Diaz

JZ

Guest baseball25

your naming most guys that have already been in the UFC lol...and that are 185 pounds goofball OKAMI IS STILL IN THE UFC lol.....

People in bold have all been in the UFC.....Barnett I love him and Overeem and I believe they will beback in the UFC again.

AFFLICTION IS A HEAVYWEIGHT ORGANIZATION AND THAT IS IT..........UFC has the best Lightheavy in the world..Best Middleweight in the world...best welterweight in the world...go to the welterweight rankings  UFC has 7 of the top 10 guys in the world....Middleweight they got 4 out of 10 in the rankings but got the best PFP in the world..Lightheavyweight div they have 10 out of 10 in the world in the rankings....in the heavyweight they got 4 out of 10 in the rankings.....and 4 of those guys were in the ufc just like a year ago and they all struggled in the ufc....WERDUM,Arvloski,SYVLIA, and CRO CROP lol.......UFC HANDS down has from top to BOTTOM the best fighters in the WORLD by FAR.....PRIDE NO LONGER EXIST PRIDE IS DONE AND OVER WITH......

http://www.mmaweekly.com/index.asp

Belfort

Babalu

Barnett

Lawler

Trigg

Linland

ROGERS sucks come now man

Guest baseball25

I gave you the SHERDOG ranking and MMA weekly rankings and yahoo ranking so what do you make about that lol......Man I can keep getting more info if you want me too...you got to get your facts straight just a little bit....Okami lol and he's still in the UFC have a clue man....

I gave you the SHERDOG ranking and MMA weekly rankings and yahoo ranking so what do you make about that lol......Man I can keep getting more info if you want me too...you got to get your facts straight just a little bit....Okami lol and he's still in the UFC have a clue man....

dude i guarantee you havent watched every ufc, elite xc, affliction, etc.....GUARANTEE LOL. and as for fedor making all the money...look at the last affliction payout. andre arlovski got 1.5 mil for stepping in the ring. fedor had no win bonus and only got 300k. he fights for love of the sport. to put bread on his familys table. and venom i agree that ufc might not have the best fighters in the world. its really a matter of oppinion. imo affliction has the best HW but all in all its 1-2 with UFC and Dream who has the best

my apologies, i mis-spoke about okami. hes good...lets replace him with bojansky!

baseball,cmon now...i expected more of an arguement out of you concerning fighters like jz and alvarez,or have you heard of the them? like you ive been watching from day one and like you i realize there arent better money makers than the ufc but unlike you i realize there are much better fighters out there! it doesnt make three drops of rat urine what organization the guys i named fight or fought in what matters is the the ufc does have SOME good fighters they CERTAINLY dont have them all! our arguement was what fighters in the world that are not currently in the ufc could run over current ufc fighters. who gives a crap if a few were in the ufc in the past or not were talking CURRENTLY! all of the info youre giving is pretty much the samething im say, its ALL opinions.

its kinda like this world baseball classic, it took us americans to pull our heads out of the sand to realize just because players dont play in the us and just because weve never heard of them doesnt mean they wont hand us our behinds when given the chance.

in your opinion,these are the best fighters in the world??? are you serious????? as hard as you swing not even you can believe this garbage!

ufc 99

Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva

Heath Herring vs. Cain Velasquez

Ben Saunders vs. Mike Swick

Marcus Davis vs. Dan Hardy

Spencer Fisher vs. Caol Uno

im curious, baseball, do you think the ufc invented mma? seriously,no b.s. is that what you really think???

oh, and let me speaka little more on the nonsense about fedor only fighting for the money and not the love. his last four fights since 07 were lindland,sylvia, choi,and arlovski three of which were UFC champs! think about this, if he actually only wanted the money wouldnt he be fighting every yahoo that knocked on his door, called his agent, or called him out on tv? dont you think that being considered the pound for pound baddest man on the planet puts a bullseye on his back and he could fight in any arena in the world on a daily basis if he wanted to? doing that would be fighting for the money! unlike forest,silva,rashad, or anyone in that TUF diluted fighter pool he has nothing more to prove! i urge you again look at his record, he was wrecking bada$$es when the ufc was going bankrupt!

but,yet again this is all based on my opinion the only way to really know this for sure is to speak with him personally, so baseball since youre so connected get on that for us and tell us what you find out.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont