23 2A next year

who is coming back. I know Kountze will be another Contender in the state with 3 starters back. Line up should be

1. Jamizon Powell  Frosh... IMO better Scoring PG than Domingo but not Smarter...

2. Zay McDaniell    Jr

3. David Johnson  Sr

4. Demarcus Tealer  Sr

5. Roman Walker  SR 

I also hear Devin Bray might be coming back... i think the lions win state with him back w/o him it would be tough.

who is coming back. I know Kountze will be another Contender in the state with 3 starters back. Line up should be

1. Jamizon Powell  Frosh... IMO better Scoring PG than Domingo but not Smarter...

2. Zay McDaniell    Jr

3. David Johnson   Sr

4. Demarcus Tealer  Sr

5. Roman Walker   SR 

I also hear Devin Bray might be coming back... i think the lions win state with him back w/o him it would be tough.

I don't think Bray will be back due to the fact that he's getting looks from UCLA for football out in Los Angeles. Don't know what happened with basketball (injury/grades), but he didn't play any games after Jan. 27 and his team wasn't that good either...so that could be a factor in him coming back. If he wants to WIN a State Championship, he'll be back. Tealer will not start next year, unless he sharpens his skills tremendously in the off season. I've heard a few others names thrown around that will step in down low for the Lions and make a huge impact. Next year is the year for the Lions...so I've heard. I'm looking forward to the summer leagues so this team can get it together...collectively.

On to the district. East Chambers will be their toughest opponent with Buna, Hardin, and Anahuac slugging it out for 3rd.

Don't count Anahuac out,they have the same type athletes that Kountze has and a coach that knows how to develope players in the off season.Kountze should be the district favorite but are gonna be small again next year which will make it tough for them to get out of the region.Hardin slides in to the 3rd playoff spot next year if they get the PG back from the knee injury.The district next year looks like this.

1 Kountze

2 Anahuac

3 Hardin

4 EC

5 Buna

6 Toss Up-Warren and Deweyville

This is like 3 different caliber districts,the top 2 are close,the next 2 are almost dead even and the bottom 3 are all capable of beating each other.In my opinion what the Lions would gain by adding Brey they would lose in team chemistry.UCLA is in the PAC-10 and Devin would have about as good a chance playIng football in the PAC-10 as I do.Come on folks this conference is home to USC,Oregon and Washington,this is a big time D-1 conference.

Don't count Anahuac out,they have the same type athletes that Kountze has and a coach that knows how to develope players in the off season.Kountze should be the district favorite but are gonna be small again next year which will make it tough for them to get out of the region.Hardin slides in to the 3rd playoff spot next year if they get the PG back from the knee injury.The district next year looks like this.

1 Kountze

2 Anahuac

3 Hardin

4 EC

5 Buna

6 Toss Up-Warren and Deweyville

This is like 3 different caliber districts,the top 2 are close,the next 2 are almost dead even and the bottom 3 are all capable of beating each other.In my opinion what the Lions would gain by adding Brey they would lose in team chemistry.UCLA is in the PAC-10 and Devin would have about as good a chance playIng football in the PAC-10 as I do.Come on folks this conference is home to USC,Oregon and Washington,this is a big time D-1 conference.

whs, he's already visited with the Bruins, seriously. I heard he was making noise as a WR and a DB out in Cali.

Here's a quote from a UCLA Blog:

If the Bruins can upset Oregon State Saturday night, it should help them twofold. Aside from keeping them alive for a bowl game, it will come in front of several dozen recruits who have requested tickets, we’re told.

Click below to see a full list of names, but here are some highlights: Nicholas Montana of Oaks Christian (yes, the son of Hall of Famer Joe); USC commit Patrick Hall; and new UCLA defensive end signee Keenan Graham.

Isaiah Bowens, Trajuan Briggs, Todd Golper, Keenan Graham, Brandon Sermons, Jayson Allmond, Nate Berhe, Devin Bray, Richard Brehaut, Tommie Clardy III, Marquise Cox, Christopher Coyle, Kevin Cummings, Gavin Escobar, Nathan Fellner, Robert Franco, Alani Fua, Patrick Hall, Austin Hill, Jordan James, Erik Kohler, Cassius Marsh, Eric Martin, Alex Mascarenas, Stan McKay, Michael Melonas, Immanuel Mitchell, Michael Philipp, Ronald Powell, Sheldon Price, Hayes Pullard, Xavier Ramos, Rashaad Reynolds, Paul Richardson, Jacob Ringhofer, Ryan Shott, Zachary Stout, Sergio Sylvestre, Brendon Tago, Zackary Tartabull, Iuta Tepa, DeAnthony Thomas, Christian Thomas, Gary Walker and Lester White.

Here's the link:

This is the hidden content, please

I didn't say he hadn't visited UCLA.I said he had as much a chance to play there as I do.I have witnessed his work ethic first hand and it takes much more than talent to play D-1 football especially in the PAC-10.He is no doubt one of the most physically gifted athletes to come thru this area but sometimes has problems with dedication and seeing things thru.The Bruins recruiting list will be full of kids just as talented who will make the sacrifices necessary to play.I hope Devin proves me wrong but I would be surprised.

I didn't say he hadn't visited UCLA.I said he had as much a chance to play there as I do.I have witnessed his work ethic first hand and it takes much more than talent to play D-1 football especially in the PAC-10. He is no doubt one of the most physically gifted athletes to come thru this area but sometimes has problems with dedication and seeing things thru. The Bruins recruiting list will be full of kids just as talented who will make the sacrifices necessary to play.I hope Devin proves me wrong but I would be surprised.

Agreed!

who will else be good in the region. I hear that the two twins from New Waverly are not for sure if they can go.

They have to send some papers in to UIL because they both turn 19 this summer and only will be Juniors.

You've gotta be kidding me! :o When they played Kountze in the play-offs my wife and I both agreed that they did look pretty old. Interesting. I hope they can go. I want a rematch next year!

who will else be good in the region. I hear that the two twins from New Waverly are not for sure if they can go.

They have to send some papers in to UIL because they both turn 19 this summer and only will be Juniors.

You've gotta be kidding me! :o When they played Kountze in the play-offs my wife and I both agreed that they did look pretty old. Interesting. I hope they can go. I want a rematch next year!

Lord, I've got twins who will finish their first year in college in mid may and will still be 18.Gotta be a limit on the waivers somewhere. ::) ::) ::)

I talk to Bray the other day and he said he don't know if coming back to Kountze would be better for him in the long run. He said don't

be surprised if i did make a trip back to Texas.

I figured that much. He's getting lots of exposure being out there in the LA area. I agree with him. Unless he has a scholarship offer in hand right now, I wouldn't move back either.

• 2 months later...

I think Kountze and Anahuac will battle again this coming up season

I seriously doubt it "A-TOWN". You had a 1st-teamer and the MVP of the district on last year's team and you were 1-2 against us. You lost both of those guys along with a few others. You guys MAY have SOME offense, but trust me, it wont be like last year. Don't set your expectations too high. Get ready to battle for 3rd place as I see Kountze and EC being the front-runners in the district.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder