Yates Wins 4A Title 94-78 Over Dallas Kimball

Guest DickVitale

only knock i have on yates is the fact that they recruit but if you think about it yates should have won in 07 and 08

No they don't...Come on, man... ::)

How can Yates recruit? Trust me they would not recruit all guards who wouldn't play on any college team...  They are a City of Houston low-to-moderate income school in a area (3rd Ward) with a HIGH crime rate... Low test scoring (academically) and a program is always tough but that has never got over the hump to win state in football or basketball.  They have nothing attractive that will allow them to recruit.  Get over it.... It is just a bunch of tough kids who have played their hearts out!  GOOD season Yates... Proud of you guys... Now I hope that you all get into someones school for higher education!

How can Yates recruit? Trust me they would not recruit all guards who wouldn't play on any college team...  They are a City of Houston low-to-moderate income school in a area (3rd Ward) with a HIGH crime rate... Low test scoring (academically) and a program is always tough but that has never got over the hump to win state in football or basketball.  They have nothing attractive that will allow them to recruit.  Get over it.... It is just a bunch of tough kids who have played their hearts out!  GOOD season Yates... Proud of you guys... Now I hope that you all get into someones school for higher education!

Many of the kids who live in the Yates area actually go to Lamar High across town

Guest DickVitale

BINGO BLUEDOVE!! But Lamar High is NEVER accused of recruiting... ::)..I wonder why? Its a much less urban area than Yates HS, yet students are BUSSED to Lamar....Mind blowing... ::) ::)

Guest DickVitale

only knock i have on yates is the fact that they recruit but if you think about it yates should have won in 07 and 08

No they don't...Come on, man... ::)

yeah right

You sure you're not really from HJ?  8)...Yates does not recruit those kids...Whats the draw? They have won ONE state title (this year) in the school's history...Believe it or not, Yates is NO basketball factory...Its actually a football school, in which they have no state titles in football yet either, but they have had some success over the years.

Yates looked really good as a TEAM.  That was such a fun team to watch.  Not only could they Razzle but they could knock down the three.  I would love to see Desoto and Yates play.  That big 31 from Desoto was a beast 6'6" 280 plus.  That would be worth talking about,  what do think DV since you are the subject matter expert.

Yates looked really good as a TEAM.  That was such a fun team to watch.  Not only could they Razzle but they could knock down the three.  I would love to see Desoto and Yates play.  That big 31 from Desoto was a beast 6'6" 280 plus.  That would be worth talking about,  what do think DV since you are the subject matter expert.

That would be a fun game i agree Yates is extremely funto watch and very talented and the guy from Desoto was Big But i think i would take Yates in that match-up

what about 23 that kid could fly.  That 4a title game was much better than 08 SOC game.  Yates lived up to the hype.  I would go with yates too.

#23 was about 6'1 or 6'2 and could flat out JUMP and i agree that was by far the best game of the tourny and the scary thing is that there starting 5 were all JUNIORS!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa