Strake Jesuit

Tim Frazier (Strake Jesuit)was interviewed by the Houston Chronicle this week and the question was raised to him about being the first private school to make it to the UIL state basketball tournament.

Tim said it was an awesome feeling but the negative stuff about them bothered him."When we weren’t competing well in 5A, and we were losing, it wasn’t a problem for people then. But now that we’ve gotten good, it becomes a problem now. If you were able to beat us without a problem, you should be able to lose without a problem. "

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nostradamus

You don't have to take the TAKS to get into college........you have to take it to graduate from a public HS.  ACT/SAT is what gets you into college.

Guest stevenash

You don't have to take the TAKS to get into college........you have to take it to graduate from a public HS.  ACT/SAT is what gets you into college.

Nos, man do you realize we could get paid for this type of distrbution of information? ;D

How about a NOSDOVE website that you pay to access?

Nos, man do you realize we could get paid for this type of distrbution of information? ;D

And I bet you want a piece of the action, don't you?

Guest stevenash

Not me.  I'm not smart enough.  The real reason I hope to see this sight  is because I would be able to get all intricate details on the 2012-2015 state champions in advance.

Not me.  I'm not smart enough.   The real reason I hope to see this sight  is because I would be able to get all intricate details on the 2012-2015 state champions in advance.

2013-2015...get it right!! :D

• 3 months later...

Bench Warmer-What Would you say if I know for a fact that a kid who is ranked in the top 50 on texasroundball.com wanted to attend school there but could not afford it. When a family friend contacted the coach, the coach didnt even return the call. Like I have always said if strake finished 4th every year no one would care. Its the winning that bothers you.

It's not the winning that counts. It's everyone plays by the same rules. Why don't we just do away with school zones and let the kids go where ever they want. If the parents want to drive their kids all the way to HJ or Silsbee every day shouldn't that be allowed??? or Maybe I want mine to go to Kingwood?? How long would it take for power houses to be made???? OH I forgot SJ is already doing this!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not the winning that counts. It's everyone plays by the same rules. Why don't we just do away with school zones and let the kids go where ever they want. If the parents want to drive their kids all the way to HJ or Silsbee every day shouldn't that be allowed??? or Maybe I want mine to go to Kingwood?? How long would it take for power houses to be made???? OH I forgot SJ is already doing this!!!!!!!!!!!

You totally ignored what I said but still accomplished a whole paragraph...

Strake had a good team and a great year, but there was teams with more talent and higher rated players that in UIL schools... Strake just happenned to play the best ball it could in the play-offs...  Look at Duncanville, They had 4 kids in the National top 100 and one kid that is top 25 for this year and one kid that is top 25 for next year; all on last years team!!!  They did not even make Austin.  Strake isnt all that loaded just had good coaching and 1a well put together year!

Don't forget about the TASC for Texas schools... It is the placement test for Texas Colleges!

Let me make this more definitive...... Texas "Public" Colleges and Universities......

Strake had a good team and a great year, but there was teams with more talent and higher rated players that in UIL schools... Strake just happenned to play the best ball it could in the play-offs...  Look at Duncanville, They had 4 kids in the National top 100 and one kid that is top 25 for this year and one kid that is top 25 for next year; all on last years team!!!  They did not even make Austin.  Strake isnt all that loaded just had good coaching and 1a well put together year!

They were undefeated all season short, they actually played their worst game against the team they lost to they were clearly the better team. I was at the game and it was a shame really

They were undefeated all season short, they actually played their worst game against the team they lost to they were clearly the better team. I was at the game and it was a shame really

I saw Duncanville once last season and they didn't look good. But it was a major powerhouse they lost to in the tourney.

I saw Duncanville once last season and they didn't look good. But it was a major powerhouse they lost to in the tourney.

Duncanville looked so disfunctional it looked like 5 players trying to share one basketball was never going to work

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124