Tarkington promotes from within

Not from the area so I can't really comment, but that has not stopped me in the past so here goes.

It sounds like this guy is just like a lot of people who don't want to accept the fact that the amount of wins and losses most coaches have are more of a reflection on the gene pool instead of the coaching abilties.

Vince Lombardi would not have been successful in Tarkington from what I have seen of them in the last decade or two.

I'm gonna stick up for the kids on this one..

If the Gene Pool is so bad why is Tarkington so Competitive in Track and Basketball. Both of these sports require extreme athleticism.. I would have to compare T-town with Splendora as far as athleticism. So why is Splendora successfull in football and T-town is not.. Alot of reasons, but the main one is toughness and execution. They execute better and are more hard nosed on friday nights.

If the Gene Pool is so bad why is Tarkington so Competitive in Track and Basketball. Both of these sports require extreme athleticism.. I would have to compare T-town with Splendora as far as athleticism. So why is Splendora successfull in football and T-town is not.. Alot of reasons, but the main one is toughness and execution. They execute better and are more hard nosed on Friday nights.

You ever think that Splendora may have more kids to draw from? Splendora is almost a four-a skewl and Tarkington is in the middle of 3-a. Tarkington kids are tough nose kids and has Splendora really been that successful without BH and Huffman? Huffman hung SP with their first district lost since moving back in.  ??? Fact is that Huffman has beaten SP what six or seven straight games?

Best of luck to Tarkington and wish the them best bc good people out on the prarier. Just have to be careful what you wish for bc you may get and it then blows up in your face. We had a supid one time that wanted to go outside and many of us insisted on keeping it within.  NOT GOOD

My son played against Tarkington up to 2 years ago and they were always pretty bad - but their Coach (Fortune) seemed to be a good guy and a class coach.  Maybe he was not the best but if you really wanted to try and improve the situation you would not promote from within a losing system.  You would go out and find a asst. coach in a successful system and try to change the mentality of the Tarkington football program. Do not know the new coach from Adam but if they really wanted to improve it seems that they would look outside for a new coach.  Looks like it might be more of the same coming.

My son played against Tarkington up to 2 years ago and they were always pretty bad - but their Coach (Fortune) seemed to be a good guy and a class coach.  Maybe he was not the best but if you really wanted to try and improve the situation you would not promote from within a losing system.  You would go out and find a asst. coach in a successful system and try to change the mentality of the Tarkington football program. Do not know the new coach from Adam but if they really wanted to improve it seems that they would look outside for a new coach.  Looks like it might be more of the same coming.

Could not agree with you more OT and prolly gets down to $$$. Keeping Coach Fortune as AD limits their ability to go out and get someone and pay them what they are worth. Promote a assistant and give him another ten to fifteen grand and all is good. May work for short term but long term blows bc we have been through that. You get what you pay for and lets face it schools in our district in many cases are nothing but stepping stones for many coaches.

You guys are entitled to your opinion, but the coach that was promoted is a retire/rehire who had only been there one year. Give the guy a chance.

Sounds good to me Soc and I like Tarkington and follow their program each year. Great kids and hard working community and wish them the best.  ;D

If the Gene Pool is so bad why is Tarkington so Competitive in Track and Basketball. Both of these sports require extreme athleticism.. I would have to compare T-town with Splendora as far as athleticism. So why is Splendora successfull in football and T-town is not.. Alot of reasons, but the main one is toughness and execution. They execute better and are more hard nosed on Friday nights.

You ever think that Splendora may have more kids to draw from? Splendora is almost a four-a skewl and Tarkington is in the middle of 3-a. Tarkington kids are tough nose kids and has Splendora really been that successful without BH and Huffman? Huffman hung SP with their first district lost since moving back in.  ??? Fact is that Huffman has beaten SP what six or seven straight games?

That is not correct at all. Splendora's 2001 and 2002 teams blew pass Huffman.

This Should Explain it all,

22-3A playoff Appearences:

Liberty 23

Coldspring 16

Cleveland 12

Splendora 10

Huffman 7

Shepherd 4

Tarkington 1

But shepherd has BOB JONES now.  That is all about to change!!!!

Now THAT should make you spit out your drink.

Shepherd and Tarkington in the toilet bowl for years to come.

What do you know about Bob Jones? How do YOU know thats it's not about to change?

What do you base this off of? This thread has nothing to with Shepherd,

but you bring us into and mock us for being excited about our New AD, Who we believe can turn this around. if your from Shepherd, PLEASE GET OUT. We don't need people like you running our program into the ground. That's half the problem. Players don't think we can win, which we can, because people from the school and in the town talk about how Shepherd sucks, you'll never win, etc. Please keep your negativity to yourself, We believe in Coach Jones, and were looking up.

This Should Explain it all,

22-3A playoff Appearences:

Liberty 23

Coldspring 16

Cleveland 12

Splendora 10

Huffman 7

Shepherd 4

Tarkington 1

But shepherd has BOB JONES now.  That is all about to change!!!!

Now THAT should make you spit out your drink.

Shepherd and Tarkington in the toilet bowl for years to come.

What do you know about Bob Jones? How do YOU know thats it's not about to change?

What do you base this off of? This thread has nothing to with Shepherd,

but you bring us into and mock us for being excited about our New AD, Who we believe can turn this around. if your from Shepherd, PLEASE GET OUT. We don't need people like you running our program into the ground. That's half the problem. Players don't think we can win, which we can, because people from the school and in the town talk about how Shepherd sucks, you'll never win, etc. Please keep your negativity to yourself, We believe in Coach Jones, and were looking up.

Bob Jones may be able to turn the program around as long as he lets the right little buddies play.  If he dosen't he will be the biggest a-hole around and gone within 2 years.  That is a fact.

I hope Tarkington gets a head coach that isn't a micro manager, as I have heard Fortune is, and that they will throw some money out to get this guy and let him build a staff around him that he is comfortable with.  Fortune is a great guy and from what I hear from kids a motivating person.  Saying that, I have also seen the Longhorns switch offensive playbooks in the middle of the season, and imo that doesn't fly, especially when you don't have the athletes.  Get out of the spread if you don't have the athletes to run it, and go to something more basic.  Good luck to T-Town and to the kids over there who work hard to impress everyone who bash them on this site.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont