GONE FISHIN

OK Peeps,

After my kids baseball practice(Friday sucks for a practice day BTW)  going back to the lake. Gonna try some night fishin tonight. Tomorrow, its fish all day for the spawn. This warm week the bass should be rockin!!

OK man, I think your just rubbing it in. Time for me to get with the program and try my luck.  :)

I wish I could go but rebuilding my house has to come first. It will be hard to find a spot to fish on the lakes this week with spring break starting. There will be many boats out on the lake.

Well, I had fun.  Fishing was not as good as I hoped.  Friday night, nothing!  Saturday, about 5, 1 fish keeper.  Sunday was better with about 12 fish. 3 keepers.  The boat traffic Saturday was horrible.  I counted 12 boats in one small cove.  A lot of bank beaters which disturbs the fish trying to spawn.  The bass are beginning to spawn, but I still think in 3 weeks it will be at its best.  Who knows??

it sorta stinks when they are spawning because if you catch the mom or dad then the next generation isnt coming and they hardly bite

Its best to catch and release during spawn. I usually don't keep females, only males. I will only keep enough for a couple meals. I will not sight fish and purposely catch bass unless they are VERY big. Then I catch and release. 

Raider, read some articles on the Bass spawn. They do bite. They like nothing near their bed while spawning.  You can't just decide to go catch that 6 pounder. It takes persistence and a loonnnggggg time!

yah i heard that. me and my brother r going to village creek tomorrow in a 12 ft. boat and hopefully we do good there. i will tell u how it goes. i read some articles and they said that a lizard right around the beds is ur best bet and that if u cant see the beds just edge the bank in 6 to 10 feet of water and see what happens. i think we r gonna set out some noodles and see if they work. is it a good idea to do that out there or will other people check them and take the fish? u seem to no alot so thats why im asking u. hope u dont mind all the questions.

Noodles are mainly for catfish......I think.  Depending on the creek flow, you may be chasing them down the creek.  Lizards or worms work well on spawning beds, but you would have to find them.  Your best bet (IMO) would be to go along the bank and cuts with a white 1/4 ounce spinner bait.  Work the banks that have small cuts and creeks or drains around. You should do well.  Also, the bends (were the creek turns) are usually deeper water, so fish the bank around there.  Bass like deep water available to run for safety.  Good luck and let us know!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476