STAFFORD

Residents don't pay property taxes or school taxes. It's something to that effect. You can get decent house deals there. Small community about 15,000 people stuffed on US 59 between Houston and Sugar Land.  They just built a huge muslim mosque there about 5 years ago, a new civic center, new city buildings, and a butt load of motels for a small town. I would personally look for another district, but it's just me. Stafford area has alot of businesses, but not too much of a sense of community. I use to work in the area. It borders one of the worst parts of Houston, the southwest side and Sharpstown mall is about 5 minutes away. It wouldn't be my first pick. Also you have major traffic issues in that area although if you lived in Sugar Creek in Sugar Land, it would be a small commute.

I would look towards Katy,Ft Bend, Lamar Consolidated, Needville ISD before Stafford. Thats just my personal preference though.

BTW, the school district is owned by the city, it's the only district like that in the state of Texas.

In 1977, Stafford broke away from the Fort Bend Independent School District, which caused several rounds of federal litigation and by 1981 its was finally declared that the Stafford Municipal School District was constitutional. Almost all of Stafford was in FBISD, with a minuscule portion in the Houston Independent School District. All of Stafford is now zoned to the Stafford Municipal School District, which is the only school district in all of Texas that is controlled by the city. Students living outside the city limits, in Stafford's southern extraterritorial jurisdiction (including Fifth Street), are served by the Fort Bend Independent School District. Residents in the northern extraterritorial jurisdiction are served by the Alief or Houston Independent School Districts.

When most of Stafford was a part of Fort Bend ISD, Staffordshire Elementary was located in Stafford. Staffordshire housed Black students in grades 1-4. Staffordshire closed in September 1965 when Fort Bend ISD desegregated. The district later sold the Staffordshire property.[15]

Young Coach, take a look at Willowridge HS in Ft Bend ISD, use to be a power house football team (Thurman Thomas), but hasn't had much lately. Kind of a rough school. Also, Langham Creek HS in Cy Fair ISD. Tough district, 5A school with large enrollment in a district that is one of the largest in the state and still growing. Football stadiums there make ours look like a peewee field.

Residents don't pay property taxes or school taxes. It's something to that effect. You can get decent house deals there. Small community about 15,000 people stuffed on US 59 between Houston and Sugar Land.  They just built a huge muslim mosque there about 5 years ago, a new civic center, new city buildings, and a butt load of motels for a small town. I would personally look for another district, but it's just me. Stafford area has alot of businesses, but not too much of a sense of community. I use to work in the area. It borders one of the worst parts of Houston, the southwest side and Sharpstown mall is about 5 minutes away. It wouldn't be my first pick. Also you have major traffic issues in that area although if you lived in Sugar Creek in Sugar Land, it would be a small commute.

I would look towards Katy,Ft Bend, Lamar Consolidated, Needville ISD before Stafford. Thats just my personal preference though.

BTW, the school district is owned by the city, it's the only district like that in the state of Texas.

In 1977, Stafford broke away from the Fort Bend Independent School District, which caused several rounds of federal litigation and by 1981 its was finally declared that the Stafford Municipal School District was constitutional. Almost all of Stafford was in FBISD, with a minuscule portion in the Houston Independent School District. All of Stafford is now zoned to the Stafford Municipal School District, which is the only school district in all of Texas that is controlled by the city. Students living outside the city limits, in Stafford's southern extraterritorial jurisdiction (including Fifth Street), are served by the Fort Bend Independent School District. Residents in the northern extraterritorial jurisdiction are served by the Alief or Houston Independent School Districts.

When most of Stafford was a part of Fort Bend ISD, Staffordshire Elementary was located in Stafford. Staffordshire housed Black students in grades 1-4. Staffordshire closed in September 1965 when Fort Bend ISD desegregated. The district later sold the Staffordshire property.[15]

Ditto

Young Coach, take a look at Willowridge HS in Ft Bend ISD, use to be a power house football team (Thurman Thomas), but hasn't had much lately. Kind of a rough school. Also, Langham Creek HS in Cy Fair ISD. Tough district, 5A school with large enrollment in a district that is one of the largest in the state and still growing. Football stadiums there make ours look like a peewee field.

Good analysis...I agree with you.  I think Langham Creek would be a good prospect.....would be tough and a challenge but very rewarding.

Good analysis...I agree with you.  I think Langham Creek would be a good prospect.....would be tough and a challenge but very rewarding.

Are they looking for a HC or an OC? 

Yep, look on Ft Bend ISD and Cypress-Fairbanks ISD web site

Scalp'em:  How does this work?  "Residents don't pay property taxes or school taxes."

Yep, look on Ft Bend ISD and Cypress-Fairbanks ISD web site

Thank you Scalp 'em.  Application is complete!

Scalp'em:  How does this work?   "Residents don't pay property taxes or school taxes."

I think the way it works is the entire city budget, which includes the municipal school district is supported by the significant sales tax from the enormous wealth of the business and sales tax within the incorporated city limits. They have a multitude of businesses like Webster, but even more sales tax due to a large Texas Instruments plant and a butt load of retail and motels.

Interesting indeed!

Scalp'em:  How does this work?   "Residents don't pay property taxes or school taxes."

I think the way it works is the entire city budget, which includes the municipal school district is supported by the significant sales tax from the enormous wealth of the business and sales tax within the incorporated city limits. They have a multitude of businesses like Webster, but even more sales tax due to a large Texas Instruments plant and a butt load of retail and motels.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83