Dayton dominates at Trinity Valley Relays

Dayton dominates at Trinity Valley Relays

This is the hidden content, please

By JERRY MICHALSKY

Updated: 03.03.09

The Dayton Track teams won both the boys and the girls division of the 58th Annual Trinity Valley Relays this past Friday at Liberty High School.

On the girls’ side, it was Dayton scoring 124 points with a first place finish. Splendora took second with 107.5 points while Liberty was close behind with 106.

The Dayton boys dominated with 201 points while Tarkington finished second. Cameron LaCour of Dayton finished the event with 46 points to lead the Broncos.

High Jump — 1) Briana Sias, Dayton, 5-0; 2) Lauren Cook, Liberty, 4-10; 3) Deanna Tousant, Dayton 4-8.

Triple Jump — 2) Hannah Bell, Dayton, 35-5; 3) Michelle Braxton, Liberty, 33-8.

Long Jump — 3) Hannah Bell, Dayton, 17-2.

Discus — 1) Meredith Taylor, Liberty 104-1.

Shot Put — 3) Kirvy Taylor, Liberty 29-6.

3200-Meter Run — 2) Laura Kerr, Liberty, 13:29.75; 3) Anna Stouffer, Dayton, 13:43.91.

4x100 Relay — 1) Dayton, (Candra Moss, Laquisha Radford, Emanuel Bria, Briana Sias), 50.28.

800 Meter — 2) Michelle Braxton, Liberty 2:35.94.

100 Meter Hurdles — 1) Katie Bumgarner, Dayton, 18.11.

100 Meter Dash — 1) Hannah Bell, Dayton, 13.12.

4x200 Relay — 3) Dayton, (Candra Moss, Briana Sias, Alexis Ramsey, Elixus Hill) , 1:51.31.

400 Meter Dash — 2) Michelle Braxton, Liberty, 1:02.24.

300 Meter Hurdles — 3) Katie Bumgarner, Dayton, 55.91.

200 Meter Dash — 2) Briana Sias, Dayton, 27.09.

1600 Meter Run — 3) Laura Kerr, Liberty, 6:10.81

4x400 Relay — 1) Liberty (Lauren Cook, Kelley Avina, Shardy Freeman, Michelle Braxton), 4:21.83.

Team Point Totals: 1) Dayton - 124; 2) Splendora - 107.5; 3) Liberty - 106; 4) Silsbee - 90; 5) Tie, New Caney and Anahuac 86.

High Jump — 3) Cameron LaCour, Dayton, 5-10.

Triple Jump — 3) Quincy Williams, Dayton, 39.9 ½.

Long Jump — 1) Cameron LaCour, Dayton, 21.7 ½; 2) Jakari Delasbour, Dayton, 20.95.

Discus — 2) Wallace Grant, Dayton, 143.5 ½.

Shot Put — 3) Tony Hill, Dayton, 44.6 ¾.

3200 Meter Run — 2) Jonathon Lopez, Liberty, 12:05.00.

4x100 Relay — 1) Dayton, (Xavier Baldwin, Fred Hynson, Jakari Delasbour, Dylan Bethea), 44.02.

800 Meter Run — 3) Jason Ross, Dayton, 2:12.28.

110 Meter Hurdles — 1) Cameron LaCour, Dayton, 14.48; 2) K.J. Barton, Dayton, 15.72.

100 Meter Dash — 1) Cameron LaCour, Dayton, 11.31.

4x200 Relay — 1) Dayton, (Xavier Baldwin, Payton Ploch, Jakari, Delasbour, K.J. Barton), 1:32.90.

400 Meter Dash — 1) Dylan Bethea, Dayton, 51.62.

300 Meter Hurdles — 1) Cameron LaCour, Dayton, 39.46

200 Meter Dash — K.J. Barton, Dayton, 23.65; Jakari Delasbour, Dayton, 24.05.

4x400 Relay — 2) Dayton (Dylan Bethea, Payton Ploch, Xavier Baldwin, Victor Blanco), 3:34.81.

Team Point Totals: 1) Dayton - 201; 2) Tarkington - 114.5; 3) New Caney-86; 4) Anahuac - 81; 5) Silsbee - 55.5; 9) Liberty-20.

lol. the only paper i've ever seen take out the other teams when listing the results.  It should also talk about the crappy jv meet they ran the night before.

unfortunately ... the dayton paper has really cut back on the coverage of sports... for numerous reasons.

you should post who you feel got slighted.

Who won the JV meet??

Im sure BH won the JV meet.  They always have awesome numbers at every level.  I was just cracking a joke on the paper.  No biggie.

gotcha.... I'm sure the new management has something to do with the way it was reported. Second that thought about BH.

lol. the only paper i've ever seen take out the other teams when listing the results.  It should also talk about the crappy jv meet they ran the night before.

No doubt, I was thinking the same thing. i wish I had all the results to fill in. How hard is it to type a few more kids names in so that everyone gets there recognition.

Hey and as far as our JV goes it is probably 90% Freshman. Heck a good percentage of our Varsity track team is Freshman/Sophmore so the JV is definately gonna suffer.

No, I would never dog on the kids.  They ran good and were good sports.  I was talking about the track meet management.  Ended at like 10:45. The JV girls 800 had two heats of 4 girls each.  They moved high jump up a inch at a time.  I didnt realize how tall those stands were till I got on the field.  Good god!  I would hate to do bleachers on those stands.  Nice Field!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics