HOW BIG ARE STEROIDS IN H.S.

I tell u this much, a good weight program will put weight on you. When I was a Jr. in high school I weighed 155, when I came back my sr. yr. I weighed 190. My summer consisted of me waking up taking Creatine and Ripped Fuel, lifting weights for an hr., and then I worked at a pool so I swam atleast 2-3 hrs a day. My coach ask me when I came back if I took steroids, but all I did was work my butt off because I wanted to get better and play college ball which I did. Yes drugs are very prevelant but just because you heard doesn't mean its true. I am now a coach and if I had the funds I would test every athlete. Some schools actually are and its awesome. There is alot of pressure in sports and our kids think the outlet to these things are drugs and alcohol.

I understand there are a few exceptions but its rare.  I knew guys that talked about it all of the time.  I can usually tell by looking at them.  And no i wasnt going on hear say.  These people would even talk about how they got it.  I knew one guy that would go to Mexico and his biggest buyers were high school kids because thats who he hung out with (this was ten years ago).. You can think what you want but its everywhere and easy to get.  I have already started talking to my son about the problems associated with it and I will keep a close eye on him..  Yes I can name 20 from various schools when i played and it was no secret!

IMO...

The kids have much better nutrition than they did even two decades ago.

If you take a kid in athletics, and the kid's parents have the finances to purchase Muscle Milk or any other high protien drink, and the kid drinks them after a good workout in the weight room, THEY WILL BULK UP TREMENDOUSLY!.  No need for steriods.  As previously stated.  Take a young kid in high school who works their butt off in the weight room and give him some protien supplements the kid will build up his muscle mass.

Don't sell the young kids short who are doing this.

I really don't see steriods as an "overwhelming" issue currently in high school.

Sure it is used, but I just don't see 10% of our youth STUPID enough to destroy their bodies with steriods.

WITH THE PRESSURE PUT ON THE KIDS THESE DAYS I CAN SEE HOW IT WOULD BE MORE INVITING FOR THEM TO USE. THERE IS SO MUCH TALENT OUT THERE . I HAVE HEARD SOME OF THE KIDS ARE USING AND IF IT WERE PARENTS JUST GOSSIPING IT WOULD BE ONE THING BUT ITS THE KIDS SAYING IT AND IF THEIR SAYING IT I TEND TO BELIEVE IT.

IMO...

The kids have much better nutrition than they did even two decades ago.

If you take a kid in athletics, and the kid's parents have the finances to purchase Muscle Milk or any other high protien drink, and the kid drinks them after a good workout in the weight room, THEY WILL BULK UP TREMENDOUSLY!.  No need for steriods.  As previously stated.  Take a young kid in high school who works their butt off in the weight room and give him some protien supplements the kid will build up his muscle mass.

Don't sell the young kids short who are doing this.

I really don't see steriods as an "overwhelming" issue currently in high school.

Sure it is used, but I just don't see 10% of our youth STUPID enough to destroy their bodies with steriods.

I agree but the steroids are a shortcut for those not willing to put in the time and effort. Once they star and see the differenc it makes they usually start working out a bit harder.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder