Rivalries!!

ST413

Guest ST4life

Wasn't wanting past rivalries.. If I had i would have mentioned some of these HJ-Kountze, Kountze-EC, silsbee-Hebert, Silsbee-Lincoln for a few wanted CURRENT!!

I know this has been discussed some before but if Silsbee and H-J meet in the regional finals,  is there any better current basketball rivalry any where in the state?

May I respectfully stress the subject matter of the above questions?   He did NOT ask who had the longest running rivalry.  He did  NOT prequalfiy with the fact that the current rivalry must have been going on for a certain length of time, etc. etc. etc.  So no, the people on this board  DO NOT need to get out more. (especially in some places that would be considered getting out) He simply asked about this area and those who are trying to make the subject matter about themselves (aka " I know more and therefore you are less worthy than me") appear less enlightened as you struggle to find a way to make YOU the subject instead of the question he posed.  What also makes this rivalry interesting is the fact that the district in which they play just might have a rep in the final four for the fourth straight year which is a pretty good feat regardless of where you live or what classification you are in and how often or how little you "get out".

To answer your question Nash............ I would have to say that the Silsbee vs. HJ game in the regionals would be the best rivalry game and best matched game in the play-offs

Guest stevenash

Wasn't wanting past rivalries.. If I had i would have mentioned some of these HJ-Kountze, Kountze-EC, silsbee-Hebert, Silsbee-Lincoln for a few wanted CURRENT!!

I know this has been discussed some before but if Silsbee and H-J meet in the regional finals,  is there any better current basketball rivalry any where in the state?

May I respectfully stress the subject matter of the above questions?   He did NOT ask who had the longest running rivalry.  He did  NOT prequalfiy with the fact that the current rivalry must have been going on for a certain length of time, etc. etc. etc.  So no, the people on this board  DO NOT need to get out more. (especially in some places that would be considered getting out) He simply asked about this area and those who are trying to make the subject matter about themselves (aka " I know more and therefore you are less worthy than me") appear less enlightened as you struggle to find a way to make YOU the subject instead of the question he posed.  What also makes this rivalry interesting is the fact that the district in which they play just might have a rep in the final four for the fourth straight year which is a pretty good feat regardless of where you live or what classification you are in and how often or how little you "get out".

To answer your question Nash............ I would have to say that the Silsbee vs. HJ game in the regionals would be the best rivalry game and best matched game in the play-offs

I agree and, as opposed to overkill, am trying to make certain people who think they are more "in the know" and, therefore, have the only right answers to all basketball subjects realize that they don't.  Those that tell us that Houston is a bigger world than Silsbee/HJ need to realize that Houston, while bigger, is only a small component of a very large basketball world out there with hundreds of thousands of  diverse opinions and that the holders of these various opinions all believe that theirs is valid or more valid.  Therefore, the ones who condescend to you and me for living in our dream world simply occupy the same dream world from another location.

Not much response here. So lets ask if there is any district statewide that has had as muh success over the last few years(by more than just one team)?  I mean we have had three teams in Austin in 3 years.

You SE Texans need to get out more! Are you serious? :o....HOUSTON YATES/WHEATLEY rivalry goes back to the 1940's!!...This little Silsbee/HJ deal JUST got going when Silsbee went 3A in 2002-03. How about Dallas Lincoln/Dallas Kimball...You cannot compare DUKE and UNC to Silsbee-HJ!! WOW....There are BIGGER and LONGER LIVED rivalries in the state of Texas.  ::)...wow.

Yes Yate Wheatly is a BIG one... SOC/Lincoln in Dallas.  Duncanville/Desoto in Dallas. SA Masidon and SA Jay.  Waltrip/Wheatly.  It is some deep routed ones out there with teams that are in the State top 20 team annually!  Even Ozen vs. Houston has become bigger!

Why does this bother you so much?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder