Jeremy Johnson--Silsbee playmaker has junior days set up

WO-S 89

Silsbee, Texas quarterback Jeremy Johnson (6-2, 173, 4.5) comes into the spring with five offers already on the table.

Missouri, TCU, West Virginia, and Houston have all expressed an interest in him at quarterback with Baylor offering him as an athlete.

UT Photo

Texas will be one of the schools hosting Johnson on a visit in the coming weeks. 

He has his eye on quarterback but another position is not out of the question.

"I really like running and being elusive on the field, so it really doesn't hurt me being able to show my talents by moving to another position," said Johnson. "If I move I don't mind but I do prefer quarterback."

He has already been to Oklahoma and over the weekend he will set out for the first of three Junior Days remaining on his schedule. Stop one will be in Fort Worth and TCU (Feb. 21), then it's down to Austin for a look at Texas (Feb. 28), and then it's an out of state trip to view Michigan (March 14).

"Texas, they're evaluating me to see if they want me for quarterback or receiver because they've already got a big five-star quarterback so they want me for like an athlete or something," said Johnson. "The other schools say they want me at quarterback. Both of them are saying I fit their offense."

When it comes to favorites he does have a few schools at the top of his list.

"As of right now UT, I wouldn't mind going there, but West Virginia and Oklahoma are my top two," said the Silsbee standout.

However, the Horns are not far behind.

"They're in the top three because they're a big school and they'll get you publicized a lot because they're already ranked high," he said. "They like me as an athlete so that would give me a chance to be publicized on TV."

Johnson plans to attend an FBU camp, a Nike combine, and an Oklahoma camp this spring.

As a junior he was named District 21-3A MVP and honorable mention 3A All-State.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012