Question for OldRef

bbwmf

I would like to know how wearing a piece of red prewrap , as opposed to a piece of white prewrap in a player's hair to keep it from getting in their eyes has ANY bearing on a game at all. I understand that there are rules that need to be enforced, but really??? I do believe that every ref tells the players a different color is the "only legal" color...some insight please?

I think the color of the headband/prewrap must match the predominant color of the uniform.  They added Black or Beige as being acceptable this year also.

Here was the updated ruling this year on it from UIL website:

Any item that goes around the entire head (elastic strips/bands, pre-wrap, headbands, etc.) shall

meet the rule requirements regarding color, maximum size, logo restrictions and team

uniformity. Black and beige have also been added to the colors a team is permitted to wear.

This is a petty rule, but nontheless, it is still a rule.....

The officials don't really care if the headbands are matching.  I tell our girls this during every warmup that it may be an issue (normally it never is)  If some have on white, some red, some blue, then the official can make them remove them.

I agree it seems retarded, but it is a rule.....

still, all crazy - if one girl is wearing black or brown and it blends with her hair, what is the point. It is not like a headband, not a fashion statement, it keeps their hair out of their face!!! I would think that a team wearing all different color socks would be more distracting.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami