Lumberton's Playoff hopes

what are the chances of lumberon making the playoffs in the next couple of years?

I think slim only because of the district. Lumberton could see a significant improvement and make a serious run at the playoffs and still not get there.

Imagine having to play Dayton, PN-G, Central, Ozen and Nederland in a 7 week period. Then toss in games with Vidor and LC-M who might also be making big improvements in their programs.

That is a tough way for Lumberton to try to build some type of solid run at the playoffs. I think their best bet might be after next year and hope for a better UIL realignment but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The way the UIL does this area and with PA Memorial losing attendance, in two years we might see Memorial added as a 9th team to the district.

Guest GoStangs

I don't know much about Lumberton, having not seen them play this year, but they'd have to be much improved from the last several times I've seen them to have a shot at the playoffs. The verdict's out on how strong the district is, but it's always competitive, which may not be a completely bad thing for an upstart team.

You've got to figure the odds of the three teams advancing will finish district play by sweeping 22-4A are pretty slim; therefore, a loss here or there doesn't necessarily end anyone's chances. I think a tiebreaker is going to decide who goes, anyway, and there's a good possibility the team that advances as the 3rd place representative will have three district losses. All said, it's not unrealistic to think a team could finish 4-3 in district and advance. Since most people feel Ozen, Central, Dayton, PNG, and NED are the district favorites, the Raiders would have to win at least two of those games. Seeing they play Central, Ozen, NED, and Dayton away, the schedule is certainly not in their favor. I'd say it's possible for them to make the playoffs, but it will be very difficult.

The chances of it happening this year are very, very slim to none. Who knows about next year? If they beat all of the weaker teams this year and upset one of the favorites, then I'm sure it's a possibility. Maybe they'll shock us all and get in this year, but I'd bet just about anything against it. With both Ned and PN-G looking fairly strong in Houston, Dayton looking like a contender, Central ready to defend its title... it will be the shock of the year. Depending on how they look this year, anything can happen in 07. Just remember - last year was Vidor's year to "turn it around." They had 10 starters back on each side of the ball and still made no progress. You never can tell. Turning around a (no offense) terrible program is a heck of a challenge.

Lumberton maybe turning their program around which is good, but they need to crawl before they walk. if they can finish the season at 5-5, or 6-4 that would be great. i just think that nederland, dayton, central, and ozen are going to be the ones fighting it out for playoff spots.

Those records would be great for us and we know making the playofss wil be tough but we can overcome it' date=' if we play great as a team nothin can stop us and we will be driving all around to play people but we will take it one game at a time on our road to the playoffs[/quote']

That's the spirit! Good luck Lumberton. That would be a true Cinderella season if y'all can pull it off.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124