Just goes to show

westend1

Yeah,

But the area is constantly REZONING... and new schools are being built each year. Katy ISD has so many schools, and Cinco Ranch has quickly caught up to Katy's standard. They just need to start winning deep into the playoffs.

But when it's all said and done, the kids zoned to go to Katy high school run the exact same plays and schemes on defense for 9 straight years from pop warner through high school.

Then Katy just rolls up on a school like Seven Lakes because their kids have only lived in the neighborhood for two months and it's hit or miss whether or not the kids on the team have ever played football before high school.

I will admit I'm very biased toward that community. I find it hard to believe that a school district can't find a coach to mold a school like Mayde Creek into champions but can allow one school like Katy to keep their district on the map.

And on an X's and O's standpoint, Katy doesn't do gimicky offenses or defenses.  They run out of the I and run a base 50 look.  When they do lose, it's a team which has more athletes than they.  Nothing wrong with that but Katy High is good for at least 4 rounds because of Old School football philosophy and execution....

Katy is also pretty fortunate to get to play a lot of one dimensional teams deep in the playoffs. This year their last three were LaPorte, Smithson Valley and Wylie... all run heavy. I know it's not every year and not that ET (last year) is an easy draw, but schematically when you throw less than 10 downs a game, you're much easier to defend.

And on an X's and O's standpoint, Katy doesn't do gimicky offenses or defenses.  They run out of the I and run a base 50 look.  When they do lose, it's a team which has more athletes than they.  Nothing wrong with that but Katy High is good for at least 4 rounds because of Old School football philosophy and execution....

And it comes down to good, sound, fundamentals (the basics),  and they do them very well (coaching, coaching, coaching)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami