PN-G's new coach.... How long will the honeymoon last??

Guest KHS 89

This thing will last good until the good ole boys get restless.  Faircloth is bringing Joe Dale Carey as his DC from Aledo.  He will also be looking to replace up to 4 other coaches at all levels.  Especially at the middle school levels.  Word is he wants to bring a WR and QB coach as well.  He has full authority from the school board to do so. Might not all happen from year 1 but eventually it will go down.  As a few posts read earlier some need to go and others need to be motivated.  Everyone must remember Malone came in under the same situation, but only lasted 2 years.  The natives were crying from day one, so get ready because as many people that want Fairclothe, the good ole boys still want the current  staff. I think everyone knows at least one coach and they must all make up there minds to buy into his system.  And as we all know at the end of the year not only were we losing, but it has been said publicly by the old staff we just had ZERO talent.  So I think a change of heart is needed.

WE have to trust and support Coach Faircloth!The school board and hiring committee did their part now we must do ours and support 100%. Good times are coming back whether others like it or not.

This thing will last good until the good ole boys get restless.  Faircloth is bringing Joe Dale Carey as his DC from Aledo.  He will also be looking to replace up to 4 other coaches at all levels.  Especially at the middle school levels.  Word is he wants to bring a WR and QB coach as well.  He has full authority from the school board to do so. Might not all happen from year 1 but eventually it will go down.  As a few posts read earlier some need to go and others need to be motivated.  Everyone must remember Malone came in under the same situation, but only lasted 2 years.  The natives were crying from day one, so get ready because as many people that want Fairclothe, the good ole boys still want the current  staff. I think everyone knows at least one coach and they must all make up there minds to buy into his system.  And as we all know at the end of the year not only were we losing, but it has been said publicly by the old staff we just had ZERO talent.  So I think a change of heart is needed.

Before he looks to replace any Middle School coaches, I sure hope he adds a couple first.  There are only two 4A middle schools (probably 3A also) in SE Texas with only 3 coaches.  Not naming any names, but their initials are PN and G.

PN-G politics will dictate how well Coach Faircloth does. PN-G is a fickle place, they want success but only if thier kids are playing. The elite or connected people the whos who.The same happened with Malone but excuses were made to get him out because he did things his way . I hope the new coach has great success but I hope he has great strength and patience because he will need it.Coming from Odessa Permian he knows great tradition so no worries there. I think right now he has more to worry about than Big Ned, but watch out Nederland has some BAD TO THE BONE players heading in to make history!

WE have to trust and support Coach Faircloth!The school board and hiring committee did their part now we must do ours and support 100%. Good times are coming back whether others like it or not.

I WENT TO A ALEDO FOOTBALL GAME DURING HURRICANE IKE AND TALK ABOUT A TOP NOTCH PROGRAM AND FACILITIES.I HAVE RELATIVES THAT WORK FOR ALEDO SCHOOL DISTRICT AND WHEN ASKED ABOUT JOE DALE CAREY THEY COULD NOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT HIM AND HIS FAMILY.LOOKS LIKE PN-G IS BRINGING IN A NEW GENERATION OF COACHES TO THE AREA.THINGS ARE CHANGING AT THE RESERVATION. ;D

If this is true about Cary coming from Aledo, then again we are getting another coach from a great program. Cary was not the DC, but the Aledo team this year allowed just under 9 points a game and last year I beleive it was, they pitched 5 shutouts. Not bad!

I totally agree!  We have the right coaches in place to bring PNG back to the outstanding football program that it once was!

If this is true about Cary coming from Aledo, then again we are getting another coach from a great program. Cary was not the DC, but the Aledo team this year allowed just under 9 points a game and last year I beleive it was, they pitched 5 shutouts. Not bad!

I totally agree!  We have the right coaches in place to bring PNG back to the outstanding football program that it once was!

The right moves are being made, no doubt. Kudos to our school board and hiring committee, they truly did the right thing. They were catching a lot of flack over the masters deal, but appears they did the right thing after all.

I WENT TO A ALEDO FOOTBALL GAME DURING HURRICANE IKE AND TALK ABOUT A TOP NOTCH PROGRAM AND FACILITIES.I HAVE RELATIVES THAT WORK FOR ALEDO SCHOOL DISTRICT AND WHEN ASKED ABOUT JOE DALE CAREY THEY COULD NOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT HIM AND HIS FAMILY.LOOKS LIKE PN-G IS BRINGING IN A NEW GENERATION OF COACHES TO THE AREA.THINGS ARE CHANGING AT THE RESERVATION. ;D

They definitely are!  High caliber coaches at PNG......man, this is excitin!

• 1 month later...

Quote from a Permian faithful in regards to Coach Faircloth.  I would say the "honeymoon" is gonna last for a while!!!!

Thanks guys.  Faircloth is very meticulous and spends inordinate amounts of time game planning.  You will be the most and best prepared team in your district each week.  He is a master at in game adjustments.  Sometimes you will wonder what he's doing and then BAM, you'll find he's just set up the other guys and left you drop jawed along with the guys on the other side.  You'll see dozens and dozens of formations when the kids learn them all.  Every play in the playbook can be run from any of the formations making scouting by your future opponents difficult at best.  The formations he uses one week may not be used at all the following week.  He is a master at taking what a defense give him and exploiting their weaknesses.  He'll run it down their throats if they give him that or he may pass 50 times in a game if they give him that.  We were always VERY balanced.  The offense made the last three QB's at Permian school record setters along with providing us the 1st 2000+ yard back in a long time.  It's a no huddle most of the time, with the signals given to the QB from the sideline.  That alone gives you several more plays per game.  More kids get to play because there are personnel packages for each formation and several are used during the game.  You guys are gonna like this a bunch, but your opponents won't like it at all.

PNG..............Honor..............Pride...............Tradition !

The honeymoon will last as long as he wins. 

Quote from a Permian faithful in regards to Coach Faircloth.  I would say the "honeymoon" is gonna last for a while!!!!

Thanks guys.  Faircloth is very meticulous and spends inordinate amounts of time game planning.  You will be the most and best prepared team in your district each week.  He is a master at in game adjustments.  Sometimes you will wonder what he's doing and then BAM, you'll find he's just set up the other guys and left you drop jawed along with the guys on the other side.  You'll see dozens and dozens of formations when the kids learn them all.  Every play in the playbook can be run from any of the formations making scouting by your future opponents difficult at best.  The formations he uses one week may not be used at all the following week.  He is a master at taking what a defense give him and exploiting their weaknesses.  He'll run it down their throats if they give him that or he may pass 50 times in a game if they give him that.  We were always VERY balanced.  The offense made the last three QB's at Permian school record setters along with providing us the 1st 2000+ yard back in a long time.  It's a no huddle most of the time, with the signals given to the QB from the sideline.  That alone gives you several more plays per game.  More kids get to play because there are personnel packages for each formation and several are used during the game.  You guys are gonna like this a bunch, but your opponents won't like it at all.

PNG..............Honor..............Pride...............Tradition !

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476