Half of 25-1A district games played

Guest THE SCOUTER

Guest THE SCOUTER

After half of the season this is what i saw. + -

Spurger+great team ball,, traditional five and shoots the ball well the best team in this district, also has a good inside game.

- injuries, some frustration throws them off there game

stand out players Chase Magallion, Daniel Blankenship, and George Whittaker

Sabine Pass+plays team ball, chemistry there seems good, heart and desire to win, shoots well from the arc, quick and fast.

- does not come out the gate hard, always down in the first quarter, post game is weak, can not stop the inside.

stand out players Felix Jones,#25

Hull-Daisetta+ most athletic team, transition team, fast break team, shoots the three ball well, good post game if #24 plays

- free throws, injuries, not very discipline, doesn't play defense with intensity.

stand out players Sam Elliot, #5, #24, Cook

Evadale+great team ball, plays well inside young team with potential.

- does not shoot the ball well not alot of boys that can handle the ball.

stand out players Stringer, #32

West Hardin+big in the inside on defense, Works around Copeland

- does not play good team ball, relies on Copeland to win games.

stand out players Tyler Copeland

High Island+Steve Landrum shoots the three ball well, great confident's in there game, does not play with urgency

-not very many offensive threats, not deep on the bench.

stand out players Steve Landrum

so far i fill its going like alot thought it would , home teams winning. HD has their fate in their hands having the 1 and 2 place teams coming to their house. second half of season favors HD.

I sure hope that the home tradition continues because WH can use it.  We got a tough Evadale at home on Tuesday then our last away game against Sabine Pass, then wrap up with a 3 game home stint.  I was unable to make it to the High Island game, but I heard that the refs were terrible for both teams.  My buddy said it looked more like a backyard pick up game than one with officials, lots of fouls that didn't get called on either side.  I know the usual grip is that the home team gets the advantage, not this game.  Congrats High Island!!!

Come Oilers, time to get in gear!!!

After half the season this is what I saw:

A very equal district with probably not a 6 point difference in the 1st place team and the last place team.The good news is everyone is in the hunt for the playoffs.The bad news is there isn't a real good club in the district.Someone is going to have to win some games on the road to seperate from the pack.I think Spurger/SP and HD make the playoffs but I don't have a clue who should be the favorite.

so far i fill its going like alot thought it would , home teams winning. HD has their fate in their hands having the 1 and 2 place teams coming to their house. second half of season favors HD.

I sure hope that the home tradition continues because WH can use it.  We got a tough Evadale at home on Tuesday then our last away game against Sabine Pass, then wrap up with a 3 game home stint.  I was unable to make it to the High Island game, but I heard that the refs were terrible for both teams.  My buddy said it looked more like a backyard pick up game than one with officials, lots of fouls that didn't get called on either side.  I know the usual grip is that the home team gets the advantage, not this game.  Congrats High Island!!!

Come Oilers, time to get in gear!!!

As all of the perspective supporters of their home teams, I can assure you that High Island is the only team that does not get the advantage of the HOME town officials.  Some of us have had this discussion.  Copeland, yes he is an outstanding player, gets away with murder at home and the Bobcats have the same advantage in HD.  Spurger, I don't know what they have show up most of the time to call their games, but their officials are not going to do anyone a favor.......except Spurger.  In Sabine Pass, you always get the three blind mice.  Evadale will not lose a close game at home.  All of this is to say, take care of the ball on offense, don't through it away and make every shot count.  We are all big boys here and we know how the refs are on the road.  When you lose a close game, it is easier to blame the refs.  When you talk with the Coach after the game and actually see the turnover ratios and discuss the overall decision making of the players, the refs are just a side note.

High Island has been in every game through the first round, and have the toughest hill to climb with 4 of the last 5 games on the road.  Sabine Pass has been everything that each one of their players have posted on this site, almost every single day since before basketball started.  West Hardin is West Hardin......Copeland is their man and they need to find a few more guys to take the ball to the hoop.  Evadale is much improved and will continue to get better.  HD is getting better and I still think they hang onto 1st or 2nd in District with Spurger.  Spurger has probably impressed me the most this year, with two guys going down last week, the Pirates have continued to show their teamwork and ability to get the Win. 

The game in High Island last night was a very good game for the Cardinals.  They played well and made their shots from the perimeter, they need to a little post action if they are going to when on the road. 

Good Luck to All.

Go CARDINALS!!!

Im almost 100% sure these are the teams that makes it to playoff. Sp or SPR takes first

Sabine Pass-Best guard combo the district have(#30#25#21)

Spurger-Best guard and post combo the district have.

Hull-Daisetti-Very quick, losing Tre hurt them. Even without him still able to handle there own.  

Evadale-wasnt able to protect their house against Spurger. Can't afford another lose

West Hardin-in a slump because 1 home game was played Second half of district is what makes or breaks them

High Island- failed at Protecting there house

I don't have a home team in this discussion,just a fan who watches a lot of ball.For the most part the officials usually don't determine the outcome of these games.Except sometimes in Spurger where I have seen numerous fans and coaches ejected over the years.

I ejected myself at Spurger a couple of years ago, because they were so sorry.

I don't have a home team in this discussion,just a fan who watches a lot of ball.For the most part the officials usually don't determine the outcome of these games.Except sometimes in Spurger where I have seen numerous fans and coaches ejected over the years.

I ejected myself at Spurger a couple of years ago, because they were so sorry.

Now that's funny,I don't care who you are ;D ;D ;D

You have to be the biggest fence rider I have ever seen in my life.Your all ways on here dogging who ever that says anything about

a ref costing them a game, but then you come up with this stupid crap and shows what you are all about.Let go of the past and move on pops.

Back when you did have a certain team to follow,your head coach was ejected when he throwed his clip board and broke it,and the asst

coach asked to be tossed 5 or 6 times before they told him to leave. And let me guess in your narrow minded way of thinking neither one of them

should have been tossed.Give me a break man,go fishing,take up power walking or somthing just get off the fence. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

You have to be the biggest fence rider I have ever seen in my life.Your all ways on here dogging who ever that says anything about

a ref costing them a game, but then you come up with this stupid crap and shows what you are all about.Let go of the past and move on pops.

Back when you did have a certain team to follow,your head coach was ejected when he throwed his clip board and broke it,and the asst

coach asked to be tossed 5 or 6 times before they told him to leave. And let me guess in your narrow minded way of thinking neither one of them

should have been tossed.Give me a break man,go fishing,take up power walking or somthing just get off the fence. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Didn't know I needed your approval to post court side.I'm not a fence rider I call em like I see em.I wasn't referring to my coach in this post.I 've seen a mom from WH ,a parent from Spurger and now that you mentioned it 3 coaches from Warren ejected last year alone.One might have been a coincidence,but 5 or 6 that's a pattern.I've been accused of being lot's of things in my life but never a fence rider.I have just never been to a gym where so many folks get the heeve ho but I'm sure you can enlighten me  ;) ;) ;)

Didn't know I needed your approval to post court side.I'm not a fence rider I call em like I see em.I wasn't referring to my coach in this post.I 've seen a mom from WH ,a parent from Spurger and now that you mentioned it 3 coaches from Warren ejected last year alone.One might have been a coincidence,but 5 or 6 that's a pattern.I've been accused of being lot's of things in my life but never a fence rider.I have just never been to a gym where so many folks get the heeve ho but I'm sure you can enlighten me  ;) ;) ;)

No approval needed to post whs I call em like i see em also, Keep the balancing shoes shined ;D ;D ;D ;D

No approval needed to post whs I call em like i see em also, Keep the balancing shoes shined ;D ;D ;D ;D

If telling the truth is riding the fence I quess I'm quilty.I'll make you a deal,if there is one thing in my post that wasn't true I'll delete it.Never saw the need to polish tennis shoes but I quess there is a first time for everything.

as far as refs the worst i have seen was in high island and we won. was like they did not want to be there. honestly seen one check his phone durring game

We can all agree with you there, but you also saw HI get the same treatment.  Beaumont officials will not come to HI and it looks like some of the Galveston officials don't want to be here either. 

If telling the truth is riding the fence I quess I'm quilty.I'll make you a deal,if there is one thing in my post that wasn't true I'll delete it.Never saw the need to polish tennis shoes but I quess there is a first time for everything.

I hear you telling people stop whinning about refs then you whin about refs and then want to call out a town are a school.

Lets go back to your house(I wont name the town or school)I was there at a game last year when 2 fans and your coach (again) was sent to the showers, and lets see,their was a tourny where 3 o 4 of your fans and your high scool principal was tossed.So the pattern is where.

If you dont wont to keep them old shoes shinned atleast lace em up tight, we dont need a sprained akle when fall of that fence. ;) ;) ;)

I hear you telling people stop whinning about refs then you whin about refs and then want to call out a town are a school.

Lets go back to your house(I wont name the town or school)I was there at a game last year when 2 fans and your coach (again) was sent to the showers, and lets see,their was a tourny where 3 o 4 of your fans and your high scool principal was tossed.So the pattern is where.

If you dont wont to keep them old shoes shinned atleast lace em up tight, we dont need a sprained akle when fall of that fence. ;) ;) ;)

EASYYYYYYYYYYYYY BOYSSSSSSSSSSS LOL ;) ;) ;D ;D :P :P 8) 8)

Let's keep our facts straight here courtside.The coach last year was ejected once and that was at Spurger.As a matter of fact the head guy and 2 assistants were ejected once last year and ALL 3 were at Spurger.The high school principal has never been ejected,not sure where you got that one but you really should have checked before you posted it.I didn't start the questioning of the referees here I just had an observation.Once again,if I have said anything in my previous post that isn't factual please let me know and I'll delete it.

Let's keep our facts straight here courtside.The coach last year was ejected once and that was at Spurger.As a matter of fact the head guy and 2 assistants were ejected once last year and ALL 3 were at Spurger.The high school principal has never been ejected,not sure where you got that one but you really should have checked before you posted it.I didn't start the questioning of the referees here I just had an observation.Once again,if I have said anything in my previous post that isn't factual please let me know and I'll delete it.

Ok (fence) I mean whs this my last post on this I'm tired of playing time to move on.

At spurger The head man and 1 assistant was tossed,the older guy at the end of the bench was asked to leave the bench area,was not kicked

out.(was not a hired coach)For as the principal talk to him I sure he will refresh your memory.

This goes back to, DONT BLAME THE REFS THATS JUST AN EXCUSE, Then you blame the refs.  :) :) :) 

I really have never seen the high school principal ejected from a basketball game.I've missed some this year but have been to all of them over the past 4 years.My previous post referenced 3 seperate games where I have seen people ejected in Spurger.Three coaches from Warren,a lady from WH and a gentleman  from Spurger.Maybe that's not an unusual number but it's more than I've seen anywhere else.I certainly wasn't blaming officials about last years game because the team without the coach won.Didn't mean to get the thread hi jacked.Good luck to all the 25-A clubs in the second half.Hope to see you Tuesday court side ,I'll buy you a coke to show theres no hard feelings.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn