UIL rules re: Tattoos

I can see why they say they don't want kids with tat because it set a bad example for other basketball players as well as minor in jr. high or little dribblers that want to be like them. Now wearing the armband shouldn't be against UIL rule because if the players want to show more respect that why they are wearing them.

Guest ECBucFan

Personally I think that if someone wants a tat let them. Who cares it doesnt make them a better or worse player.

Would you condone it if they had gang banger tattoos? Isn't it illegal for a minor to get a tattoo, anyway?

I wouldn't allow a gang banger tattoos. But most players have tats of their initial or a Jesus cross which isn't bad at all. But Gang banger are off-limit no matter what school u go too. If they really consider minor not to have tattoo that at least 16 years of age they would most likely not be playing basketball in the first place.

Guest ECBucFan

a minor can get a tat with parents consent.   Give me a break, how about we say that you can't have long hair or a beard.  Please!!!

Sounds good to me. We "suffered" with reasonable rules in days past, and did fine. Maybe better. We simply don't need miniature Allen Iversons on the HS court, in front of impressionable Elementary and Middle School kids. Plenty of time to be "street" out in the street, in later years.

UIL needs to grow a pair, in a hurry.   :P

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124