HS Coaches Face Tough Days Ahead

Well written article. If there is not more to this story, this coach got shafted and is setting a standard for any other coach. The question is, how far do you push a kid?  If you don't push them and get them strong, they may get hurt in the game right? What happens if a kid gets paralyzed?  I have coached(assistant) youth football. Have I been 1 bear crawl away from jail time? How far do you push now??

This is indeed a sad moment in sports.  I think this is the result of an over zealous prosecutor and of course any time someone dies accidently family members want to put the blame on someone or something.  My heart goes out to these parent.  The loss of a child (no matter the age) is the worst thing a parent can face.  Unless there are details that have not been released, this coach is being blamed for an unfortunate accident.  I have 5 kids, 2 of which have played sports from age 5 through high school.  I hope the jury in this case has more common sense than the grand jury or prosecutor.

Well written article. If there is not more to this story, this coach got shafted and is setting a standard for any other coach. The question is, how far do you push a kid?  If you don't push them and get them strong, they may get hurt in the game right? What happens if a kid gets paralyzed?  I have coached(assistant) youth football. Have I been 1 bear crawl away from jail time? How far do you push now??

You don't know.  Being a coach at times, is a "Catch-22". 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami